• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/13 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

Pity us who will be watching on Center Ice and mre than likely be stuck with the Nashville feed - these guys are just awful, awful commentators not to mention homers beyond belief.

GO WINGS!

Ahh.. nothing like a potentially spicy GDT to help get through the cubical shift. :P

Anyhow, we're not playing well right now... at ALL.. so this will probably be the season's toughest test. Interesting to see how Babcock can fire the guys up, because you know the Preds will be hungry.

Being the homer that I am, I will say the Wings win tonight, behind strong play in net by the Wizard of Oz. Of course, as someone else already said, with Lilly-Farts in the lineup that's good for an automatic -2 going in. :D Markov is a good defender, but anyone see how he got hurt .. again? He seems to brittle to handle the playoffs IMO. Mule too, you can really see a glaring lack of any grit when Mr. Franzen is out.

*Edit: Grammar (as usual)

Edited by Covenant

Pity us who will be watching on Center Ice and mre than likely be stuck with the Nashville feed - these guys are just awful, awful commentators not to mention homers beyond belief.

GO WINGS!

I forgot about them, or rather blocked them from memory. ;)

Aflac, the GDT is great as usual. Poor Bobbert, but that's just gold.

I don't have a great feeling about this game, but the Wings have to play better than they did on Sunday. I can't conceive that they won't, just a bad game all around. Better tonight, 5-4 Wings win in regulation.

The Preds are gonna kick the living $hit out of the wings! Total domination by the Preds from start to finish! Tomorrow night too!!

Do I sound convincing???? I'm trying. Man this game scares me. Osgood just gets up for the Preds and gives them fits.

Can't you guys get McDonald back and put him in the net? Good luck to ya but I hope you guys lose. See you tomorrow

Appearantly they are fairly big Red Wings fans at NASN:

Wed 14 Mar:

20:00 Detroit vs Nashville - NHL

Dominik Hasek and the Red Wings head to the Gaylord Entertainment Center looking to shut out their Central Division rivals, Paul Kariya and the Stars.

IPB Image 00:30 Nashville vs Detroit - NHL

Steve Sullivan and the Predators are on the road in Hockey Town against their Central Division rivals, Pavel Datsyuk and the Red Wings.

:):)

Edited by interminded

Wings - 5 (Homer x2, Lidstrom, Lang, Calder) Homer with the game winner

Preds - 3 (Kariya, Arnott x2)

I will be at this game, 13th row, Wings attack twice end! I will be supporting Ozzie as he makes some great saves tonight!! Its going to be a great game! You will be able to hear me on TV, that is how loud I will be tonight, supporting the Wings!!

GO WINGS!!!

Wings - 5 (Homer x2, Lidstrom, Lang, Calder) Homer with the game winner

Preds - 3 (Kariya, Arnott x2)

I will be at this game, 13th row, Wings attack twice end! I will be supporting Ozzie as he makes some great saves tonight!! Its going to be a great game! You will be able to hear me on TV, that is how loud I will be tonight, supporting the Wings!!

GO WINGS!!!

Im in 103 row D, where abouts are you?

Red Wings 3 (Cleary, Franzen, Datsyuk)

Predators 1 (Legwand)

Wow. Injuries be damned huh? :rolleyes::P

Wings 4 (Schneider(PP), Lidstrom(PP), Draper, Hudler)

Preds 3 (Kariya, Erat, Dumont)

Other notes:

- A fight, good way to build intensity for tomorrow

- Another Pred injury, not major though, but enough to not play tomorrow

- Lang has 3 helpers, 2 on the PP

Wow. Injuries be damned huh? :rolleyes::P

Wings 4 (Schneider(PP), Lidstrom(PP), Draper, Hudler)

Preds 3 (Kariya, Erat, Dumont)

Other notes:

- A fight, good way to build intensity for tomorrow

- Another Pred injury, not major though, but enough to not play tomorrow

- Lang has 3 helpers, 2 on the PP

Why would you ever predict an injury? That's just not cool.

Lately it's almost seemed like a given rather than a prediction to be honest.

Should be fun and a great game to kick the team into playoff mode!!! These types of games are why I fell in love w/ hockey!!!

Instead of overreacting, realize that the post was tongue-in-cheek -- since Cleary and Franzen aren't going to return to the lineup for another week or two.

Kind of hard for them to score when they're sitting at home in Detroit tonight, eh?

Ok HR40 and FinWing, THE WINGS WILL WIN TONIGHT.. Big game i Can't wait for it :D

Hi there pal!

A big game no question but I'm confident since you promised that we would win. :lol: In all reality though, I'd be fairly satisfied with an OT/SO loss if we kick their mustard asses tomorrow.

Well well what do you know, good ol' Bob leading a statistical category for us. <_< I guess his floating antics are so tiring that he must take an extra two minutes' rest every now and then.

GO WINGS! :siren:

I am so pumped for this series, should be a rough game tonight, real playoff type atmosphere. Hopefully Booter squares off with someone tonight. Also im crossing my fingers that I don't get the Nashville feed on my CI, those announcers get under my skin...

Not feeling well today, maybe it's because of this game. Strange how each time these teams play seems to be "the biggest preds-wings game ever". Which, other than the playoffs, has been true in each game this season, Tonight IS the biggest matchup ever in the regular season for these two teams. And guess what... tomorrow night will be the biggest matchup ever as well.

Ridiculous amounts of excitement on both sides of this one. Holmstrom scares me as always, Preds have got to at least lean on the big guy rather than just letting him stand in front of Vokoun and dominate as usual.

Not sure about Forsberg yet. Some reports say he's going to sit out and continue resting for the playoffs, other reports say he's doing well and looks good enough to play... probably just trying to keep it a guessing game for Babcock.

I EXPECT Paul Kariya to have a big game tonight. It just feels like tonight will be his night, maybe 2 goals and an assist again, or 2 and 2. Who knows. Now that i've said it, he probably goes scoreless.

Kimmo Timonen also just seems to have that feeling about him tonight. I think a strong defensive game from him and throw in an assist or two.

Obviously I think the good guys get the win tonight.

Preds 4 (Kariya, Kariya, Dumont, Arnott)

Wings 2 (Holmstrom, Calder)

Also im crossing my fingers that I don't get the Nashville feed on my CI, those announcers get under my skin...

Alas, the question becomes: Which is preferable....the Detroit feed in standard, or the Nashville feed in HD? :crazy:

TV: FSN Detroit, FSN South (HD)