• Please log in to reply
1380 replies to this topic

#41 vandypred

vandypred

My Coach Has No Neck!!!!!!

• 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(ProudestMonkey @ March 13, 2007 - 10:35AM) View Post

Why would you ever predict an injury? That's just not cool.

Lately it's almost seemed like a given rather than a prediction to be honest.

Should be fun and a great game to kick the team into playoff mode!!! These types of games are why I fell in love w/ hockey!!!
It looks just like a Telefunkin' U-47. It's a way of life!!! - Frank Zappa

An object at rest cannot be stopped!!! -- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight from The Tick

#42 Zetter is Better

Zetter is Better

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(ProudestMonkey @ March 13, 2007 - 11:35AM) View Post

Yeah but its funny. smile.gif

Anyways GO WINGS goal.gif goal.gif goal.gif

Wings win 3-2

Datsyuk, Schneider,Lang (yes Lang gets the GWG)
Legwand, Kariya

GO WINGS GO thumbup.gif
IPB Image
>>[DragonForce]<<

#43 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Wings_Dynasty @ March 13, 2007 - 11:21AM) View Post
- Another Pred injury, not major though, but enough to not play tomorrow.

Kariya, bruised ovary, day-to-day

#44 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(ProudestMonkey @ March 13, 2007 - 10:35AM) View Post

He's not predicting an injury, he's referring to the existing ones.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#45 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(ProudestMonkey @ March 13, 2007 - 11:35AM) View Post

Instead of overreacting, realize that the post was tongue-in-cheek -- since Cleary and Franzen aren't going to return to the lineup for another week or two.

Kind of hard for them to score when they're sitting at home in Detroit tonight, eh?

#46 irishjig79

irishjig79

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(WingsZR2 @ March 13, 2007 - 10:19AM) View Post

Im in 103 row D, where abouts are you?

119 Row A

I don't miss a game when the Wings are in town. Like you...Nashville in residence...Hockeytown, ALWAYS, at heart.

GO WINGS!!!!!

#47 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(wingslogo19 @ March 13, 2007 - 04:01PM) View Post

Ok HR40 and FinWing, THE WINGS WILL WIN TONIGHT.. Big game i Can't wait for it biggrin.gif

Hi there pal!

A big game no question but I'm confident since you promised that we would win. laugh.gif In all reality though, I'd be fairly satisfied with an OT/SO loss if we kick their mustard asses tomorrow.

Well well what do you know, good ol' Bob leading a statistical category for us. dry.gif I guess his floating antics are so tiring that he must take an extra two minutes' rest every now and then.

GO WINGS! goal.gif
Thank You TeeMan

#48 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:38 AM

I am so pumped for this series, should be a rough game tonight, real playoff type atmosphere. Hopefully Booter squares off with someone tonight. Also im crossing my fingers that I don't get the Nashville feed on my CI, those announcers get under my skin...
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#49 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

Not feeling well today, maybe it's because of this game. Strange how each time these teams play seems to be "the biggest preds-wings game ever". Which, other than the playoffs, has been true in each game this season, Tonight IS the biggest matchup ever in the regular season for these two teams. And guess what... tomorrow night will be the biggest matchup ever as well.

Ridiculous amounts of excitement on both sides of this one. Holmstrom scares me as always, Preds have got to at least lean on the big guy rather than just letting him stand in front of Vokoun and dominate as usual.

Not sure about Forsberg yet. Some reports say he's going to sit out and continue resting for the playoffs, other reports say he's doing well and looks good enough to play... probably just trying to keep it a guessing game for Babcock.

I EXPECT Paul Kariya to have a big game tonight. It just feels like tonight will be his night, maybe 2 goals and an assist again, or 2 and 2. Who knows. Now that i've said it, he probably goes scoreless.

Kimmo Timonen also just seems to have that feeling about him tonight. I think a strong defensive game from him and throw in an assist or two.

Obviously I think the good guys get the win tonight.

Preds 4 (Kariya, Kariya, Dumont, Arnott)
Wings 2 (Holmstrom, Calder)
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#50 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(LivingtheDream @ March 13, 2007 - 07:07AM) View Post

Pity us who will be watching on Center Ice and mre than likely be stuck with the Nashville feed - these guys are just awful, awful commentators not to mention homers beyond belief.

QUOTE(redwingfan19 @ March 13, 2007 - 12:38PM) View Post

Also im crossing my fingers that I don't get the Nashville feed on my CI, those announcers get under my skin...

Alas, the question becomes: Which is preferable....the Detroit feed in standard, or the Nashville feed in HD? crazy.gif

QUOTE(aflac9262 @ March 13, 2007 - 01:00AM) View Post

TV: FSN Detroit, FSN South (HD)

#51 Covenant

Covenant

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(T-Ruff @ March 13, 2007 - 01:08PM) View Post

Alas, the question becomes: Which is preferable....the Detroit feed in standard, or the Nashville feed in HD? crazy.gif

Situation solved, obviously the game feed in HD, then turn off the sound, crank on your AM radio to 1270!! Best of both worlds! cool.gif
IPB Image

#52 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(T-Ruff @ March 13, 2007 - 01:08PM) View Post

heh, since i am still living in the stone age and don't have an HD TV, i'll take the Detroit feed in standard thumbup.gif

QUOTE(Covenant @ March 13, 2007 - 01:19PM) View Post

Situation solved, obviously the game feed in HD, then turn off the sound, crank on your AM radio to 1270!! Best of both worlds! cool.gif

Hey! That is a great idea, I live about 2hrs up the 401 from Detroit and get all the Wings games on the radio, If I get the Nashville feed I may just have to try that out thumbup.gif

Thanks for the tip yowza.gif

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#53 sergei_is_still_a_wing

sergei_is_still_a_wing

Alyssa = Wings Fan.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:27 PM

i'd like the wings to win each of the remaining games against nashville just to get in their heads before the playoffs.

BUT, i still think the wings need to lose the division. it just might light a much needed fire under their asses. the likes of which has been absent in the last few runs.

either that or win the division but not the pres trophy. its a curse more than a gift.

4-2 me thinks.

calder, dats, homer, drapes.

#54 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(sergei_is_still_a_wing @ March 13, 2007 - 01:27PM) View Post

i'd like the wings to win each of the remaining games against nashville just to get in their heads before the playoffs.

BUT, i still think the wings need to lose the division. it just might light a much needed fire under their asses. the likes of which has been absent in the last few runs.

either that or win the division but not the pres trophy. its a curse more than a gift.

4-2 me thinks.

calder, dats, homer, drapes.

I am pretty confident that the pres is coming out of the central. Both the wings and preds are ahead of anyone in the east. I predict a 3-1 wings win tonight (Pav, Homer, Sammy.... Erat) Ozzie is gunna play well tonight. I am so pumped, lets turn the clock forward so its gametime... I can't wait!

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#55 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

Wings win by 2 tonight.
Pull out a close one tomorrow.
Take over the Conference lead, Thursday morning. rolleyes.gif

#56 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

im so excited for tonight and tomorrow.
the good old fashioned home & home.

id love for nothing more than the Wings to totally dominate the Preds these two games,
nonetheless, these two games should be really good to watch

go ozzie!

and come on bobby lang!

do it with me everybody!

#57 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(LivingtheDream @ March 13, 2007 - 07:07AM) View Post

Pity us who will be watching on Center Ice and mre than likely be stuck with the Nashville feed - these guys are just awful, awful commentators not to mention homers beyond belief.

GO WINGS!

I agree!!! They are the worse two commentators out there!

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#58 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ March 13, 2007 - 11:50AM) View Post

Not feeling well today, maybe it's because of this game. Strange how each time these teams play seems to be "the biggest preds-wings game ever". Which, other than the playoffs, has been true in each game this season, Tonight IS the biggest matchup ever in the regular season for these two teams. And guess what... tomorrow night will be the biggest matchup ever as well.

Not sure about Forsberg yet. Some reports say he's going to sit out and continue resting for the playoffs, other reports say he's doing well and looks good enough to play... probably just trying to keep it a guessing game for Babcock.

Yep, it used to be this way between the Wings and Avs - every game as the biggest yet, and it tended to be true. It's ironic that somehow Forsberg is involved in both. Or I should say, is on the roster in both situations, vs. Wings.

Petey is infamous for taking season-long vacations during the regular season, only to magically appear, healthy and hale, for the playoffs. Sometimes that works out for him, and sometimes (2002) it doesn't. laugh.gif

Best of luck, L11. May the best team win tonight! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(Wing-in-avs-town @ March 13, 2007 - 01:20PM) View Post

I agree!!! They are the worse two commentators out there!

I think I am going to try the old "1270 on the internet" (if I can get it to work) with Center Ice video feed, sound muted. The last game was insufferable with these commentators. But amusing at times, too, if you took in stride and just put up with how ridiculous they were. I do wonder if they ever listen to themselves. tongue.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#59 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Icer @ March 13, 2007 - 12:33PM) View Post

Kariya, bruised ovary, day-to-day

rotflmao.gif
Go Blue!!!

#60 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(FinWing @ March 13, 2007 - 11:37AM) View Post

Hi there pal!

A big game no question but I'm confident since you promised that we would win. laugh.gif In all reality though, I'd be fairly satisfied with an OT/SO loss if we kick their mustard asses tomorrow.

Well well what do you know, good ol' Bob leading a statistical category for us. dry.gif I guess his floating antics are so tiring that he must take an extra two minutes' rest every now and then.

GO WINGS! goal.gif

So we're gonna believe him then? Ok.

Go Wings!