• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sayalaska

Mathieu Schneider gone next year?

Rate this topic

The Wings need to resign Schneider for whatever he wants. He is such an incredibly talented player. The WIngs wouldnt be where they are today without him. In my book, he should be a Norris Trophy candidate.

For what the Wings will end up having to pay to resign him, I don't know if it's in the best interests of the team to keep him on at this point....

Maybe I'm way off base here, but the Wings need to complete their youth movement.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

The man has still got it. Shakey at times on defense, but for his leadership and offensive skill, well worth it. Who knows, look at Cheli.... If Schneider keeps conditioned like Cheli, we could still use him for quite some time. I know I'm being optimistic, but hey, you never know

For what the Wings will end up having to pay to resign him, I don't know if it's in the best interests of the team to keep him on at this point....

Maybe I'm way off base here, but the Wings need to complete their youth movement.

I'm sorry but you need to resign him for whatever kind of money he wants. Get rid of Markov rediculous salary and sign Schneider. Also get rid of Mikael Sammuelsson. He's god awful. Worst skater on the team. He should be a career IHLer at best.

Guest Crymson

The Wings need to resign Schneider for whatever he wants. He is such an incredibly talented player. The WIngs wouldnt be where they are today without him. In my book, he should be a Norris Trophy candidate.

The Norris Trophy goes to the defenseman who most exemplifies offensive AND defensive play. Schneider is, without a doubt, a great scorer. However, he has his defensive deficiencies. Nominating him for the Norris Trophy would be akin to nominating Souray for the same.

That said, I'd keep Schneider at a decent price. That price would remain around or below $3m. As much as I love my Jewish brother, he HAS lost a step in the last couple years.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

The Wings definitely need to keep Schneider and hopefully it won't cost a lot to do it.

If it comes down to Datsyuk vs. Schneider, you know who will go.

Yeah, no doubt there. Datsyuk can't be let go in order to keep Schneider. I'm just hoping that some of the elder statesmen like Schneids and Lang will take less to stay.

If it comes down to Datsyuk vs. Schneider, you know who will go.

I'm as big of a fan as the next Pavel supporter, but with all those posts about how Pavel has a terrible playoff...... I'd hate to think that if he does indeed choke, that could end up being a deal breaker.....

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

I'm sorry but you need to resign him for whatever kind of money he wants. Get rid of Markov rediculous salary and sign Schneider. Also get rid of Mikael Sammuelsson. He's god awful. Worst skater on the team. He should be a career IHLer at best.

You are aware that the Wings just signed Samuelson to a 3 year deal before this season began right??? The only way he's leaving the Wings early is by trade, and I kinda doubt that'll happen to make room to resign Schneider.

As for Markov, chances are he won't come back after this year. But you're still scraping rock bottom if you want to do whatever it takes to resign Schneids....

If he wants to break the bank with one last contract, it probably won't and probably shouldn't be with the Wings.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

Guest Crymson

Yeah, no doubt there. Datsyuk can't be let go in order to keep Schneider. I'm just hoping that some of the elder statesmen like Schneids and Lang will take less to stay.

Barring a Conn Smythe performance in the playoffs, Lang will not be on this team next year. I daresay he has pissed off enough of the fan base and the management to warrant that claim.

Barring a Conn Smythe performance in the playoffs, Lang will not be on this team next year. I daresay he has pissed off enough of the fan base and the management to warrant that claim.

But don't you think the same fate could be with Pavel if he has a terrible playoff year?

But don't you think the same fate could be with Pavel if he has a terrible playoff year?

Maybe....depends on how bad it gets. Dats is nearly 8 full years younger.

It might be akin to the Colts giving up on Peyton Manning, but then again, Dats could be the next Mats Sundin (great stats, just no Cup).....

Maybe....depends on how bad it gets. Dats is nearly 8 full years younger.

It might be akin to the Colts giving up on Peyton Manning, but then again, Dats could be the next Mats Sundin (great stats, just no Cup).....

Pavel started playing for the Wings in 2001-2002. He had 21 games in the playoffs with 6 points on the way to the cup. So he at least tasted glory

Pavel started playing for the Wings in 2001-2002. He had 21 games in the playoffs with 6 points on the way to the cup. So he at least tasted glory

True, but he hasn't done it as "the man", but I think that's Zetts anyway.

For the right price, I think Dats is worth more at this point than Schneider and that's just my opinion. If you read the Sports Guy on ESPN.com, this could be Ewing Theory material....

Guest Crymson

Datsyuk and Lang occupy different stratas of hockey reality. Datsyuk, needless to say, occupies a level much above that of Lang. The two are incomparable, and their names should not be mentioned together when discussing tenure on this team; Datsyuk is so much greater to the Wings than is Lang as to make Lang utterly insignificant, a bug.

True, but he hasn't done it as "the man", but I think that's Zetts anyway.

For the right price, I think Dats is worth more at this point than Schneider and that's just my opinion. If you read the Sports Guy on ESPN.com, this could be Ewing Theory material....

I hope you're right about Hank.I'm Sick of getting bounced out of the first round when expectations are so high

I hope you're right about Hank.I'm Sick of getting bounced out of the first round when expectations are so high

I think they played much better last year even though they lost. Take away the 3rd period in that last game against Edmonton and I think, at least, they were going places. Barring a systemic breakdown like that 3rd period, I think they have the same potential.

I just don't know if you can drop a guy like Dats who is in his prime unless he asks for ungodly money like $8Mill+....

Schneider and Lang are in a completely different boat. Schneider is still producing at a pretty good clip despite his age but Lang might be closer to being done than we all realize.

Datsyuk and Lang occupy different stratas of hockey reality. Datsyuk, needless to say, occupies a level much above that of Lang. The two are incomparable, and their names should not be mentioned together when discussing tenure on this team; Datsyuk is so much greater to the Wings than is Lang as to make Lang utterly insignificant, a bug.

You were talking about how you doubt Lang will be on this team next year. All I was saying was that Pavel (especially if he puts up another bad playoff) and Lang could both end up not a Wing next year.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Kronwall doesn't suck.

We are just too impatient. We have to give the guy some time to develop. He's getting there.

But we already made him the next Nik Lidstrom.

That's too much of a burden to carry for anyone.

Schneids gotta stay indeed !!!!!

what exactly has changed since our last game that people jumped Schneider bandwaggon? I mean, sure he's been a good D-man, but last I remember there was whole lot of bitching how he turns the puck over... and now this love song? what have I missed? was he on some TV show, or what?

Samuelsson isn't going anywhere for a few more seasons, and he's not that bad. Sorry.

We need Markov's defensive prowess and his edge more than we need Schneider's brainfart turnovers. If Schneider wasn't so good offensively and on the PP right now, you wouldn't see me complain if he left. He's replacable though with Lebda and Kronwall developing.

Schneider's good, but I wouldn't call him a Norris candidate by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan