• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TimeBinder

kronwall

Rate this topic

During that Nashville game, I couldn't count how many times Kronwall was out of position or put himself out of position by trying to check the puck carrier only to have him slip by... causing Kronwall to play catch-up and hook and grab or have a teammate bail him out.

Wait a minute though. If you are comparing his development to someone like Pronger (I know you are not making that direct comparison, but let's pretend), when Pronger was Kronwall's age, didn't he already have a Hart, Norris and 2 plus/minus awards under his belt?

There should come a point in time where he is no longer a young guy that we just need to give him time to see how he develops. I am not saying that is now, I know he has barely played a full season in the NHL (actually hasn't yet). To be honest, at 26 years old now, the fact that this is his first full season in the NHL is a bit of a concern to me.

I am definately not trying to knock him or write him off, but I am certainly not yet sold on him being a star in the future. He certainly is not worth his contract right now and obviously management is banking on the contract being a bargain in the long run, we'll have to wait and see how things go.

I understand your point. But like you said, Pronger had a lot more games under his belt by 26 than Kronwall.

Look at Jay Bowemeester. He's been in the league for a few seasons now but he hasn't developed into Scott Neidermeyer like so many thought he would. But I wouldn't right him off yet either.

Give Kroner time. He'll be worth the wait.

I understand your point. But like you said, Pronger had a lot more games under his belt by 26 than Kronwall.

Look at Jay Bowemeester. He's been in the league for a few seasons now but he hasn't developed into Scott Neidermeyer like so many thought he would. But I wouldn't right him off yet either.

Give Kroner time. He'll be worth the wait.

Yes, but Bouwmeester is already further ahead and is almost 3 years younger than Kronwall.

And he still managed to play 19 mins, be a +2, get 2 shots on goal and add an assist.

Is Kronwall your favorite player?

By the way, I'd take Bouwmeester in a heartbeat over Kronwall.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Is Kronwall your favorite player?

By the way, I'd take Bouwmeester in a heartbeat over Kronwall.

One of my favorites, and who wouldn't? I'd take Phaneuf and Weber over him too, I'm sure there's more young defensemen out there better than Kronwall.