• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LidstromIsASuperhero

New draft system next year.

Rate this topic

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=199943&hubname=nhl

Basically, the draft next year is the same system but its weighted more on playoff success. I think the funniest part is how it was proposed by our very own Detroit Red Wings, it was like sayinig, "We are only a pseudo-good team!!" But hey, if we have to swallow a little pride to get a better draft position, i'm all for it.

it's not a bad idea but I'd rather see NHL get to the point (work on those reckless attacks, clogging, attendance, teams ability to build good teams without stupid cap limitation, etc.) rather than waste the time for things like this

I think this is a good idea and should have been implemented years ago, it changes the game positively and in a minor enough way not to hurt any tradition at all.

This is definitely gonna have a positive effect on the teams that lose early. A team like canucks, if they hang on and win the division, they'll probably pick somewhere in the 22-25 range. However, if they lose in the first round they will get a slightly higher draft pick, somewhere around 20.

I actually really liked the draft lottery from the year following the lock-out. It was actually really exciting to watch ... for an event that generally I would never watch. True, there is the fact that it was the Crosby sweepstakes that year, but at the same time it offered a remote chance for top teams to get a good draft choice.

In a cap environment having a lottery EVERY year seems like the right thing to do. teams are supposed to be on "even playing ground" (blah) yet they are supposed to get bonuses (draft picks) for not spending money, or for spending them on poor players. I guess you gotto bait those losing team fans with anything, the mythical "bright future" (hohumm).

Really s***ty teams are rewarded with rights to potential superstars. Really good teams might win the cup. Teams that do everything to get to playoffs and fall short get "nothing". Heck, they've quite likely lost both money and assets just by TRYING to compete. It's awkward.

with everything changing in the league, i wouldnt be supprised if they play on rollerblades next season too

don't you think it might be kind of hard to use roller blades on ice? :P

with everything changing in the league, i wouldnt be supprised if they play on rollerblades next season too

What the hell are you complaining about? It's not like they are giving the #1 overall pick to Toronto just because their canadian.

Of course, Bettman is very anti-canadian. So he'd probably give the pick to Carolina or Nashville.

Meh...it should be a weighted lottery every year.

I'm sorry, but I think that is a horrible way to draft. Why should a team that was the worst in the league lose out on the chance of getting to a first pick. They were bad for a reason, I don't like the NBA's draft at all.

I'm sorry, but I think that is a horrible way to draft. Why should a team that was the worst in the league lose out on the chance of getting to a first pick. They were bad for a reason, I don't like the NBA's draft at all.

Because then teams like the Penguins who were retarded in the mid to late 90's and pissed away one of the best core's on earth, sucked it up for a while and as a result has Crosby (all fairness won in the lottery) Malkin, Stall, Fleury, etc. I mean come on. This team has the potential to be rediculus simply based on the fact that they sucked ass for a handful of years. True that in Detroit I would never want to suck that bad for that long to get that kinda talent, nor do every first or second overall pick turn out to be All-Stars, but often those top 5 are top 5 for a reason.

Would be nice to have a better distribution sometimes.