• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Free Agents to target this summer

Rate this topic

Dont worry, you're not the first to say it.

;)

As for the Smyth thing, I agree with Lou. I think it's necessary to have strong NA players to win the Cup. Smyth is the type of guy this team needs.

Well in that case I agree and back up anyone who has mentioned this before me.

If we can't sign him, he will head to Washington, which in 3-4 years give or take will be a premier franchise in the NHL, call me crazy but its my opinion.

NHL NUMBERS

here is a great link for all your FA need's as well as the Cap situation for the teams going into next year and beyond :thumbup:

There's no way Montreal will not re-sign him, but Andrei Markov would be awesome...pair him with our current Markov and let the good times roll.

they are brothers right? if they are they show no similarities whatsoever :huh:

Edited by redwingfan19

As for the Smyth thing, I agree with Lou. I think it's necessary to have strong NA players to win the Cup. Smyth is the type of guy this team needs.

Dump Datsyuk and Lang. Keep Holmstrom and Zetterberg together, and pair up Filpulla with Smyth. The 3rd guys on those lines is to be determined. At least one of those would be another FA acquisition (or Bertuzzi depending on how he works out)

Dump Datsyuk and Lang. Keep Holmstrom and Zetterberg together, and pair up Filpulla with Smyth. The 3rd guys on those lines is to be determined. At least one of those would be another FA acquisition (or Bertuzzi depending on how he works out)

I like the dump Datsyuk idea the best.

UFAs that could really help the Wings (IMO) for various reasons.

Top 6ers:

Bert

Smyth

Drury

Handzus (borderline)

Walker

Tkachuk

Guerin

Kozlov

Blake

Zubrus

Dmen:

Phillips

Hamrlik

Witt

Vishnevski

Souray

Stuart

Hannan

Sarich

Grinders:

Laaksonen

Thornton

Mayers

Asham

Fedoruk

Naturally, if Bert pans out, he should be Detroit's #1 target.

If I had to choose one from each group, it would probably be Drury - fast, gritty, leadership, clutch, has an extra gear, solid top 2 center to replace Lang and/or Datsyuk; Witt - I know he takes a lot of penalties, but he fights, hits, and would likely be one of the cheapest options of all those guys available. Guys like Hannan, Souray, and Stuart are better but will be out of the wings price range; Asham - drops the gloves, good on the PK, tons of energy.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Just a question geared towards a comment made earlier. What has Lang done to piss of enough fans and managment? Is it the whole Lazy and Sucking thing? Or is there some internal thing I am not aware of.

Just a question geared towards a comment made earlier. What has Lang done to piss of enough fans and managment? Is it the whole Lazy and Sucking thing? Or is there some internal thing I am not aware of.

He is a lazy player. While he has shown some minor flashes here and there, he is not worth the money that he will probably ask for. He is lazy, and never wants to work. And that my friend, is not worth almost 4 million.

Guest Crymson

I would trade Briere for Datsyuk in heartbeat !!

Yet you wouldn't trade Osgood for Miller.

Unless Datsyuk burns it up this year in the playoffs, DRW should let him walk. He's going to command plenty of overpayment from various teams, and if he's not going to perform in the playoffs (can anyone say Marty Turco?) the same way he does in the regular season, his time is up. One more chance, it's getting a little ridiculous. Let him go and use the money to get someone who delivers in the crunch. BTW Buffalo already had their Stevie, his name was Pat LaFontaine.

I'm afraid I don't understand you here; Patty played only six season for Buffalo, of which three saw him play less than 25 games and one other less than 60, and led the Sabres to absolutely no success. Meanwhile, Hasek had the spotlight.

He is a lazy player. While he has shown some minor flashes here and there, he is not worth the money that he will probably ask for. He is lazy, and never wants to work. And that my friend, is not worth almost 4 million.

True, he probably he isn't worth 4 mill. Perhaps when he was with the Caps and was there only player and temporarily leading the league in points but not now. But is he under the impression he is still worth that much? I would think he would be aware that he isn't the future of the time, nor is he the player he was 5 years ago, etc. so is going to ask for a similar contract at the end of this year? Or will he resign for less?

For the defense, I'd let Schneider go. Sign Hannan, re-sign Markov and Chelios. Sarich is an option if the Wings can't get Hannan.

Lidstrom-Markov

Kronwall-Hannan

Lebda-Chelios

I like that a lot.