• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barrie

Bootland

Rate this topic

Since I don't see all the game, I have a simple question about Booter.....

How's he been doing? Looking at his stats, he doesn't have to much ice time, but I haven't read anything negative about his play, so he must be holding his own. I found this about him on the Fox News Site. I think it was from last week, but still.....

Coach Mike Babcock was impressed with the toughness that Bootland showed on Tuesday against Nashville. "He didn't disappear when the banging got going. He was involved in there, he went to the net, and he stayed there."

I've been a big fan of his for a few years now. I know once Zetterberg, Cleary, and Bertuzzi are back, there realistically won't be room for him, but I'd like to see him suit up for the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

Since I don't see all the game, I have a simple question about Booter.....

How's he been doing? Looking at his stats, he doesn't have to much ice time, but I haven't read anything negative about his play, so he must be holding his own. I found this about him on the Fox News Site. I think it was from last week, but still.....

Coach Mike Babcock was impressed with the toughness that Bootland showed on Tuesday against Nashville. "He didn't disappear when the banging got going. He was involved in there, he went to the net, and he stayed there."

I've been a big fan of his for a few years now. I know once Zetterberg, Cleary, and Bertuzzi are back, there realistically won't be room for him, but I'd like to see him suit up for the playoffs.

He laid down a nice hit.

We can keep him on our roster for the playoffs if we so desire; we're past the trade deadline.

He laid down a nice hit.

We can keep him on our roster for the playoffs if we so desire; we're past the trade deadline.

Yeah he could be one of "The Black Aces" as they are called. Maybe get in a game or two each round.

Hey at least he "sort of" got in a fight today. Although he never got a change to drop his gloves. :blush:

I dont care if Tootoo is a chump, it was embarassing to watch that as a Wings fan. Even though we came away with the win, I'm sure the guys on the Preds boards had a good time with that.

Bootland's been fine, neither outstanding/flat out terrible.

He's pretty much just done his job, try to provide a little spark with some extra hustle/energy and try to play physical. Any offensive production would be a bouns.

I dont care if Tootoo is a chump, it was embarassing to watch that as a Wings fan.
I dunno, Booter agitated and drew the PP, I didn't mind that as a Wings fan. Fruitto's a punk who missing a lot more than he hits and I love it when he embarrasses himself.

I dunno, Booter agitated and drew the PP, I didn't mind that as a Wings fan. Fruitto's a punk who missing a lot more than he hits and I love it when he embarrasses himself.

Agreed, I had no problem with it; it was a smart play on his part.

We haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen, Bootland brings more than Ellis, Langfeld, or Hussey.

He hasn't been great, but he's doing his job. He actually didn't do too bad in his fight against Jeremy Reich on Boston. If Norton would have fought Reich, Reich would have smoked him. Plain and simple.

Come playoff time, I wouldn't mind seeing Bootland play in a game or two. He's sure a lot better than Langfeld.

Agreed, I had no problem with it; it was a smart play on his part.

We haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen, Bootland brings more than Ellis, Langfeld, or Hussey.

I'm not sure I would say it was intended to be smart, I think he just got his ass whooped.

Guest micah
He hasn't been great, but he's doing his job. He actually didn't do too bad in his fight against Jeremy Reich on Boston. If Norton would have fought Reich, Reich would have smoked him. Plain and simple.

You cannot be serious. Norton sucks as a hockey player, and he isn't a great heaveyweight, but he's a heavy none-the-less. He fights guys that are out of Booter's league. If Norton was up instead of Bootland, the fight would have been against Hordichuk, not tootoo. And it would have probably turned out the same. Norton vs Bootland, Tootoo or Reich would be a mismatch, Norton would mop up with any of them. Norton fights guys like Brashear, Peters, etc etc....not the same guys that the middleweights like Booter and Tootoo are fighting.

Fruitto's a punk who missing a lot more than he hits and I love it when he embarrasses himself.

I havn't seen him embarass himself at all. Sometimes Nick Lidstrom misses the net when he shoots, I'm sure he's not embarassed, he has a great shot. Sometimes Jordin Tootoo misses checks, big deal, he's one of the league's most ferocious body-checkers despite his size disadvantage. He plays like a ball of hate in every game and he has nothing to be embarassed about. What I wouldn't give to have just one guy on our team with his heart.

I dont care if Tootoo is a chump, it was embarassing to watch that as a Wings fan. Even though we came away with the win, I'm sure the guys on the Preds boards had a good time with that.

who cares about that.. The wings got the big 2 points that's what matters ;)

Bootland hasn't played badly in the past couple games, TooToo was real tough last night throwing punches with his visor on...very tough indeed.

I was a little disappointed that Schneider's penalty led to a Nashville goal, but thinking about it... Tootoo can eat s*** and die, it was worth it.

I'm sure the guys on the Preds boards had a good time with that.

They did, but what would you rather have "fun" with, cheering our boys on after a win?? Or their ace-goon laying into one of our Grand Rapids call-ups. Who gives a s***.

That's easy to say since it didn't happen. If the situation was reversed, everyone would be discussing how Bootland tought Tootoo a lesson.

Your probably right, but not me. What happend there was borderline sucker punch IMO. Bootland was playing smart and tried to draw a power play, which he did. That should've been a double minor for tootoo and nothing for bootland. Or if your going to call the fight, tootoo should've been tossed for instigating a fight with a visor on. Either way the refs were horrible and clearly one sided last night. As expressed by Babs in the post game interview. tootoo is a punk, playing that way he'll get his soon enough, maybe not from bootland or the Wings, but sometime, it's going to catch up with him.

I'm not sure I would say it was intended to be smart, I think he just got his ass whooped.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what his intent was: Bottom line to me is he drew the penalty.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what his intent was: Bottom line to me is he drew the penalty.

Agree. The announcers were praising TooToo talking about how smart he was when he came out hitting and banging early and drew a penalty. Bootland does the same thing by goading TooToo to drop the gloves and people give him s*** because he didn't pummel him. Bootland has already beat up TooToo in the minors quite a few times from what I hear, his intent I believe was to draw a penalty to help the team, which he did. Smart play by Bootland. He's doing exactly what everyone wanted him to do, be physical and don't take stupid penalties. Done and done.

Oh, and by the way, we scored on that PP.

Cheers to Booter!

esteef

I was hoping this thread was about Darryl Bootland getting SMOKED by the midget who wears number 22 for Nashville -- not to mention the backpeddling everyone who said he could fight would be doing.

He brings a certain energy and he laid that one nasty hit inside the blue line, but he doesn't belong on the Red Wings. His handful of games over the last four years are evidence that he's an AHLer.

No shame in that at all.

He's not much of a player but somehow it makes me feel more comfortable when there's someone in the lineup who gives something back to the opponents and at least tries to retaliate at times.

I was hoping this thread was about Darryl Bootland getting SMOKED by the midget who wears number 22 for Nashville -- not to mention the backpeddling everyone who said he could fight would be doing.

Bootland got smoked? could have sworn I saw Tootoo start throwing punches behind the protection of his visor, for all of about 5 seconds before the "fight" was over.

Hey at least he "sort of" got in a fight today. Although he never got a change to drop his gloves. :blush:

Two games Two fight NO punchs landed. He can't skate can't fight doesn't score remind me again why he was brought up?