• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Calder no longer worst +/- in the league!

Rate this topic

See, just because a player plays for a crappy team doesn`t mean they suck. And Calder proved that point when he got traded here. Look how well he`s doing. Keep it up Calder :clap:

Absolutely! 9 points in 7 games says it all.

Meanwhile, JW has 3 points in 7 games with Chicago.

Calder was a plus player for Chicago in 2001-02 when he was +8. Other than that he's been a - player every other season. Of course, he's played for some real dogs.

Calder was a plus player for Chicago in 2001-02 when he was +8. Other than that he's been a - player every other season. Of course, he's played for some real dogs.

Yeah, that Chicago team (2001-2002) was the only good team he played for in his entire career before coming here. IMO they did make the playoffs that year.

I think he's doing great here. Calder is quickly becoming one of my favorite Red Wings. He works hard every shift.

Yeah, that Chicago team (2001-2002) was the only good team he played for in his entire career before coming here.

I think that's the only one that didn't finish in the bottom 5.

See, just because a player plays for a crappy team doesn`t mean they suck. And Calder proved that point when he got traded here. Look how well he`s doing. Keep it up Calder :clap:

Change of scenery.

Oh yeah, and a team that wins. :lol:

:clap: If he keeps going at this rate, I hope the wings offer him a contract to play next year (at a reduced rate of course).

couldn't agree more. He's the exact type of guy we needed. What are the odds on his final +/- at the end of the year? Anybody think he might get up to around -10? Maybe "even" or +1?

couldn't agree more. He's the exact type of guy we needed. What are the odds on his final +/- at the end of the year? Anybody think he might get up to around -10? Maybe "even" or +1?

I think realistically with 12 games left he will end up some where near the -16 or -15 mark... But I'll take +1 :D

He wont get past -10, he wil be lucky to get to -15.

how's this change of tune. when we acquired Calder most posters were bitching Ken Holland like crazy for doing virtually nothing and bringing a guy who's -31. now he's a guy with own Wings-fan-loveboat

I'm bookmarking this thread. will love to add a link to Calder/Holland bashing threads once Kyle hits some slump...

gosh... some people are so dumb and have so short memories :D

Is anyone excited about Calder filling the role of Maltby? Similar style of play, more offensive upside, a little gritier, younger...I am excited to see the team replace itself. Being a Red Wings fan, this doesn't happen too often.

Maltby should get a hardy thanks and a bag of golf clubs, Calder should get a contract.

how's this change of tune. when we acquired Calder most posters were bitching Ken Holland like crazy for doing virtually nothing and bringing a guy who's -31. now he's a guy with own Wings-fan-loveboat

I'm bookmarking this thread. will love to add a link to Calder/Holland bashing threads once Kyle hits some slump...

its called emotions, humans usually tend to show them when they are dealing with something they care about, deal with it

I was not excited about Kyle Calder. I wasn't mad at Holland, but I thought it was kind of a *yawn* trade.

But he's proven me wrong, and that's a good thing!

I was happy with the trade. I knew Calder was a good player with Chicago. I complemented Holland for that trade.

Plus at the same time we finally got rid of Williams. :P

Your right but i don't think people assumed Calder sucked. Roberto Luongo was on the crappy Panthers and people didnt think he sucked.

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I thought the Calder acquisition was just Cory Cross Part Deux.

And then he scored in his first game, first shift, first shot. Still didn't change my opinion (since I believe Cross did the same thing or pretty close to it).

But seeing him play since then? I'll take my crow with a garlic butter sauce, please. :D