• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salviaman

Tootoo

Rate this topic

Haha nice. Like i said im not sure if he threw his helmet off or not, but from what i remember i think he did.

No, he took it off after the fight was over and the refs had them seperated. right before his salute to the crowd :rolleyes: like he'd done something great.

He's the same as Maltby... Except Maltby sucks now and TT doesnt.

In all fairnes to Maltby, his career is winding down. Comparing the two over their career's, I'm sure Maltby would have been a more overall effective player. Tootoo really can only be annoying and get under opponents skin. Maltby did that, and he was able kill penalties and had enough offenisve skiil to chip in with a goal here and there.

I agree, too too is a little ***** and i hate him. that s*** against bootland was so lame, bootland didn't even get a chance to drop his gloves, too too just went after him with out warning cuz hes a ***** and he can't fight fair.

Oh yes, because Bert was tryihg to end his career.

People like you are unbelievable. I guess you've never made a mistake in your life.

Easy with the personal attacks there, chief.

If it helps you sleep better thinking Bertuzzi wasn't intending on ending a career, be my guest and think that, but don't drip your naivity into these forums. Anyone with any kind of guts (read: "MAN.") faces a problem and does what's necessary to alleviate it, not grabs a neckhole, punches a temple, and drives a skull into ice which is like concrete.

I've made quite a few mistakes in my day, as well as my days on the ice, but none of them amounted to what Mr. Bertuzzi has had to deal with. And I've steered clear of all talk regarding this debate because of the complete homerism surrounding it and it's not my place to judge anyone. I'm sure he's upset about what happened and I'm also sure that he's very sorry. The shame and guilt that he has to live with is punhisment enough, and I don't want to switch places with him at all.

"People like me" are the ones who are pointing out that if Jordin Tootoo was a Red Wing, the way that Todd Bertuzzi is now, that it'd be a different tune being sung in the forums.

Running around "trying to hurt" players doesn't have a place in the game, either. And if that's what you think Tootoo does, I'd ask that you take a closer look at him when he's on the ice. I'm a Red Wings fan. He annoys the s*** out of me. I would love to see him get leveled by a Winged Wheel, but if the tables were turned and I could have him do what he does for my team, who would say no?

The funny part to this whole thing is Tootoo had more PIM's in his first career then Maltby did with his first and second career put together. It may not be by much but its sure is funny.

the old saying goes:

Maltby

with Wings = good instigator

with any other team = f* annoying bastard

Bertuzzi

with Canucks = a thug who should be out of NHL

with Wings now = powerforward not afraid to play hard :D

Draper

with Wings = pesky PK-er

if went to any other team = goon

Tucker

with Leafs = f* goon

had he come to Wings = quality scorer able to play mean

Tootoo

with Preds = *****

had Wings shopped him = mean player able to draw penalties

get real people, please. turn the red glasses off and try see the world in real colors. Tootoo is mean like hell and you hate to play against him, but he's extremely good at what he does and any team looking for this package of skills would go for him without any hestitation

Edited by akustyk

I'd like to see a show of hands of everyone who wishes he was on our team.

Honestly, I love to hate him. Yes I think the wings could benefit from a player like this unfortunatly I think he is a pred for life. Still I hate him. He is a cheapshot, and rough. But isn't that the hockey we all b*tch about not having anymore??? :ph34r:

the old saying goes:

Maltby

Bertuzzi

Draper

with Wings = pesky PK-er

Tucker

with Leafs = f* goon

Tootoo

with Preds = *****

get real people, please. turn the red glasses off and try see the world in real colors. Tootoo is mean like hell and you hate to play against him, but he's extremely good at what he does and any team looking for this package of skills would go for him without any hestitation

I agree with everything except your assesment about Draper being a goon. What the hell are you smoking?

I agree with everything except your assesment about Draper being a goon.

yep, my bad.

although, I'm not gonna argue Craig McWhinnish would not use such term against Drapes

had his crappy team lost a game because of Kirk :)

What the hell are you smoking?

wanna try? :P

Mixed feelings about Tootoo, watching last nights game I thought that his "running" after Schnieder was great, not for the dirtiness but just because Schenider was able to retaliate for it and it was just as impressive as Tootoo's hit.

Tootoo definitly ratched up this "rivalry" a little bit more last night, and if we're forced to play these guys 8 times a year, it wouldn't bother me........as long as the games were like last nights.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Easy with the personal attacks there, chief.

If it helps you sleep better thinking Bertuzzi wasn't intending on ending a career, be my guest and think that, but don't drip your naivity into these forums. Anyone with any kind of guts (read: "MAN.") faces a problem and does what's necessary to alleviate it, not grabs a neckhole, punches a temple, and drives a skull into ice which is like concrete.

I've made quite a few mistakes in my day, as well as my days on the ice, but none of them amounted to what Mr. Bertuzzi has had to deal with. And I've steered clear of all talk regarding this debate because of the complete homerism surrounding it and it's not my place to judge anyone. I'm sure he's upset about what happened and I'm also sure that he's very sorry. The shame and guilt that he has to live with is punhisment enough, and I don't want to switch places with him at all.

"People like me" are the ones who are pointing out that if Jordin Tootoo was a Red Wing, the way that Todd Bertuzzi is now, that it'd be a different tune being sung in the forums.

Running around "trying to hurt" players doesn't have a place in the game, either. And if that's what you think Tootoo does, I'd ask that you take a closer look at him when he's on the ice. I'm a Red Wings fan. He annoys the s*** out of me. I would love to see him get leveled by a Winged Wheel, but if the tables were turned and I could have him do what he does for my team, who would say no?

You're probably right about most folks doing a flip-flop if Tootoo were on our team. I obviously wouldn't root against him if he were a wing. But I still wouldn't want him on the wings. He dives too much and he does try to hurt people with his checks. Of course that's sort of the purpose anyway but I don't like the fact that I can pull up just about any big Tootoo hit and watch him take 5, 6, 7 strides at somebody. Illegal and dirty imo.

As for Bertuzzi, i'm not a homer on this subject as i've felt that way since the whole thing happened and he was still in Vancouver. That's just my take on the whole thing.

As for being naive? Not sure where you get that from. I suppose when Bertuzzi was chasing Moore down the ice he wasn't thinking about fighting Moore instead he was thinking to himself "hmmm, how can I end this guy's career? Oh, I GOT IT!, i'll punch him in this specific spot that will assure he gets knocked out on his feet, i'll then slip on a hockey stick and fall with him to the ice, in the process i'll shove his head into the ice as hard as I can to break his neck and end his career". i'll take naive over plain, stubborn, stupidity any day.

As for being a "man" about it, its called hockey and sometimes s*** happens and it gets out of control. Tie Domi was arguably the toughest sob ever and he took all kinds of cheapshots at guys worse than what Bertuzzi did, does that mean he wasn't a man? No, it just means he lost his cool on some occassions.

Is Doug Weight not a "man" because he flew across the ice, cross checked Bryan Marchment in the face with arms and stick and started pummelling him while he was down?

Was Bob Probert not a "man" because at the end of a scrum in the '80's he sucker punched and ko'd Maguire who had fought Yzerman earlier? In case you don't know the incident i'm referring too, Maguire was on the ice on his hands and knees with a linesman laying over top of him and Probie skated in, dove to his knees and delivered a KO punch to Maguire's face. Nobody even saw it coming. Is Probie not a man for that even though he is the toughest guy to ever lace up skates?

I could go on forever. You can hate Bertuzzi all you want but at least live in reality. It was a cheapshot that had unforseen, unfortunate results for Steve Moore. It's happened a bazilion times before and it'll keep happening where guys punch an unsuspecting player in the head.

You talk about being a man and yet you don't even get it. You wanna talk about toughness, "being a man", i'm all for it Mr. Expert. Fighting in hockey and in general has been an interest of mine for a long time. If you want to match wits about the Code or hockey fights in general then please let me know. I'd love to hear what you have to say.

the old saying goes:

Maltby

Bertuzzi

Draper

with Wings = pesky PK-er

Tucker

with Leafs = f* goon

Tootoo

with Preds = *****

I totally agree, how soon people forget how much we DESPISED Chelios until Holland STOLE him from the BlackHawks.

As for Draper becoming a goon, I don't see that unless he starts taking HGH, :lol:

Why the heck would we want this guy on the Wings? He has a whopping two goals and four assists in 59 games plus a -12 rating on a supposedly "elite" Preds team.

Lets adjust this a little...

Why the heck would we want this guy on the Wings? Maltby has a whopping four goals and four assists in 70 games plus a -8 rating on a supposedly "elite" Wings team.

Lets adjust this a little...

Why the heck would we want this guy on the Wings? Maltby has a whopping four goals and four assists in 70 games plus a -8 rating on a supposedly "elite" Wings team.

I know, I'm not saying I want Maltby on the Wings either. ;) He's a mere shadow of his former self.

players like tootoo are just a coach's lil ***** and what ever a coach tells him to do hes gonna do it. tootoo is the type of player that doesn't think for himself hes just sent out on the ice to run himself into the boards but i gurantee you that one of these games hes gonna hurt himself really bad when he misses another check and knocks himself out for a couple of games going fast into the boards, its just a matter of time watch. But yes hes the type of player that i think anyone would want on their wether he would be a disgrace to the jersey or not.

My two cents: Tootoo is a bag of s***. Considering he's a pesk and I'm a fan of a rival team, that's a compliment. This thread wouldn't exist if he wasn't doing his job to the fullest extent. I hate the guy but he makes the pred games alot more fun.

If any of you have seen the "Tootoo story" that aired last year on OLN, it's actully a pretty great/sad story. As much as I hate him, I give him alot of credit for what he's gone through. His brother, a complete better hockey player, future first round draft pick, commited suicide. He wears the 22 because his brother wore 55, which flipped upside down, is kinda like 22. In the Jr. league that his older brother played in, the number 55 is retired i think league wide. It's not because of his name, which actully never occured to me, and is quite humorous. His bro was his best friend, they lived with a host family together, and heavily looked up to his brother. It's a very sad story, but also very inspirational. So, as much as Tootoo's agitator style gets to me, I respect him for what he's been through to get to and stay at this level. I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

I personally can't stand him as a player. I hate how he cheap shots anything that moves. I am sure that the type of player he is doesn't reflect the type of person he is. No one deserves to go through that. Sad.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

the old saying goes:

Maltby

Bertuzzi

Draper

with Wings = pesky PK-er

Tucker

with Leafs = f* goon

Tootoo

with Preds = *****

You forgot one thing that the old saying goes A guy who can do all that stuff and can score goals.

I personally can't stand him as a player. I hate how he cheap shots anything that moves. I am sure that the type of player he is doesn't reflect the type of person he is. No one deserves to go through that. Sad.

Well, I hate how he is takes cheap shots and I especially hate when a train whistle goes off when he goes on the ice in Nashville, but that is unbelievably sad. I'm sure he carries that around on his shoulders everyday. Like I said, I will always hate the way Tootoo plays, but having someone close to you commit suicide has to be the roughest thing in the world. No one deserves to go through something like that.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

Tootoo will be Sean Avey in two years.

Someone who is franchise leader in penalty minutes while being a mediocre skater / hockeyplayer at best.

I can't say I don't like Tootoo.

In fact, he's harmless in many ways.

Ask Schneider.

He knows !

:)

Stop comparing Tootoo to Maltby..Maltby has played on a checking line most of his career against the other teams top scorers...Does tootoo play against the other teams top scorers?? I'll bet he doesnt!!

Does toots play on the PK unit all the time??? NO!! so stop with the comparisons, Maltby is way more versatile than Tootoo will ever be!!

Edited by Lazerbeam

In fact, he's harmless in many ways.
Agreed... Other than providing an entertaining sideshow at time out there last night, Tootles was a "non-issue". I loved it every time they showed him on the bench after a shift and he had this look on his face like "Hey, they're picking on me out there!!!!!" Priceless.

Comparing Bertuzzi's one mistake to Fruitoo's everyday goonery is like comparing apples and assholes.

Bert plays hard, physical, scores goals, contributes on the PP and all of this is done by the rules; one HUGE reason why in the 02 playoffs we all hated him.

Fruitoo on the other hand takes cheap shot after cheap shot, charges other players whenever he gets the chance and, on top of all of it, has no offensive or defensive upsides. Something Maltby proved he has in THE BIGGEST 2 GAMES OF THE SEASON!!!

In conclusion, I will let algebra explain it all.

Bertuzzi > Fruitoo < Maltby