• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kovatsyuk

Alex Kovalev may retire...

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=200082&hubname=

He has vertigo and it might be career threathening.

One hell of a bad season for him. Played with a knee injury for most of the year as well as an elbow injury since Christmas, was forced to stay out of the lineup for 3 weeks but came back one week earlier to try and help the struggling canadiens. Played with 3rd liners all year long (guys liike Plekanec and Latendresse) and never complained.

I know this stuff cuz I follow Kovalev closely.

It just wouldnt be right if a guy like Kovalev retired before getting 1000 points. He needs 13 to get to 800 and I was looking forward to him getting it this year.

He's still only 34 years old.

Too bad I guess.

i guess thats what playing for the habs does to you, they keep up this environment, no one is gonna wanna play for them, and theyre gonna hit the slumps bad, so bad that even a team that takes such amount of pride in itself will feel the pain

i guess thats what playing for the habs does to you, they keep up this environment, no one is gonna wanna play for them, and theyre gonna hit the slumps bad, so bad that even a team that takes such amount of pride in itself will feel the pain

You think this is funny?

You think this is funny?

did you even read my post. I was a jab at the habs organization of how they run things, many players have felt the pressures and unhappiness of playing for them, namely their goalies, samsonov, etc... in no way did i poke fun at kovalev retiring...read someones post before jabbing it, my post wasnt even long.

Poor guy. He's had a hard season.

If he does play again, he needs to get out of Montreal. Their killing him up there. If he gets out, he'll have a career resurrection and be a very good player again.

Guest Tunbo Batman

Dear Alexei,

The door is that way.

You and your 13 goals and your 4M$ salary and your prima donna attitude can leave anytime.

Dear Alexei,

The door is that way.

You and your 13 goals and your 4M$ salary and your prima donna attitude can leave anytime.

Dear Tunbo,

What if this happened to you? Would you appreciate it if someone said a similar thing regarding you?

I don't think your attitude is necessary. It's a shame to see such a good player go down with something even modern medicine doesn't completely understand.

Dear Alexei,

The door is that way.

What ignorance. Kovalev's career should not be cut short because of something like this. He is still one of the most skilled players in the league.

Vertigo is such a strange thing.

I remember my friend had it and when he drank he would get woozy real fast and sometimes become incoherent.

Too bad for Alex, he's had a hard season but he got incredible skills.

Are you sure he wasn`t drunk? :rolleyes: just kiddin` :P

Edited by Zetter is Better

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Dang the good Russian retire young. (besides some losers who played for the wings called Igor and Slava or some s*** like that)

Bure, Kovalev, and I have a feeling Samsonov will be playing in russia next year.

All were very exciting to watch.

Dang the good Russian retire young. (besides some losers who played for the wings called Igor and Slava or some s*** like that)

you aren't serious, are you?

That sucks. I saw him play in Russia and he is FUN to watch. Very talented although I think he is one of those guys like Federov who could be the best in the league but doesnt seem to show up every night.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

you aren't serious, are you?

Sarcasm is hard to transmitt through text :blink:

Guest Tunbo Batman

sigh. im not wishing him any harm, im just saying his contributions to his teams were neglectable.

Guest Tunbo Batman

well, he sure didnt "tear much s*** up" in the last several years. anyone can say "wow he's so good when he brings it" but if he doesn't, then he's not a factor. this guy is overrated.