• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

russianswede919293

What should lines be when all are back

Rate this topic

I really dont know. It's always good to have options though -- and we have a ton of them now that Datsyuk is producing without Hank. Right now I'm just worrried about Zetterberg being healthy for the playoffs.

When everyone is healthy I think that Babcock should leave the Hudler-Lang-Calder line together...

I think that:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Lang-Calder

Cleary-Filpulla-Sammy

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Would be a great lineup

Also, I think Franzen has earned more than a fourth line role with Drapes and Malts.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Hudler

Cleary - Franzen - Holmstrom

Maltby - Draper - Samuelsson

:thumbup: thats good but I like mine better

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

On the outside looking in is Hudler.

Which is really too bad. He was great last night.

forget Samuelsson...overrated puck hog

How is he overrated? No one calls the guy an all-star. He's a 20 goal scorer with size that can play defense.

Most people would probably like Maltby to be sat in favor of Hulder, but coming down to sheer politics that probably won't happen.

It doesn't matter to me anyways. I like Maltby still. Heck, I must be the only Maltby supporter still left on this board. :P

Though I won't be the first to admit he has lost a step over the years, he still does his job. He still draws penaltys and takes the opposing player off their game.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Lang - Calder

Bertuzzi - Filpula - Cleary

although i do like samuelsson and don't think hes overrated, i think hudler has played well enough to deserve a chance in the playoffs and there isn't anyone else we can take out of the equation right now.

I think some lines that wouldl give us depth would be.....

Flip/Z/Homer

Hudler/Dastyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franz

Sammy or Maltby/Drapes/Cleary

Dats and Hudler had great chemistry in the preseason that got Huds a hat trick, but they have not really played together sence. However, keeping Datsyuk and Z together is always a good idea too

Edited by Bluedevils_13

I think some lines that wouldl give us depth would be.....

Flip/Z/Homer

Hudler/Dastyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franz

Sammy or Maltby/Drapes/Cleary

Dats and Hudler had great chemistry in the preseason that got Huds a hat trick, but they have not really played together sence. However, keeping Datsyuk and Z together is always a good idea too

I thought about splitting up Z and Pavs too, but didn't change them in my lineup. I think they'd be powerful good centers controlling seperate lines. I didn't want to move Lang away from Huddles though, so I kept them together.

i really don't htink Z and Dats will be spilt up for the post season unless we start to struggle. I really like what calder has brought to the table and i look foward to seeing what he can do. I also think Bert's going to be on our top line before all is said and done.

Datsyuk - Hank - Homer

Huds - Langbang - The Tuzz

Cleary - Flip - Sammy

Malts - Drapes - Mule

or also like the previous poster said, flip with bert would be a good duo i think also.

Where's Calder?

We'll see how it goes with Bert and where he'll fit in. I think we can all agree that the nr 1 line is quite safe but 2-4 is much more open. I think we'll see a lot of shifting around once everybody he's healthy as Detroit tries to find the right combinations. I'd say the first line is a lock but you never know.

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

Good picks also.

A lot of people would pick Flip in the lineup. I don't think Flip's bad, really, at all...and next year I'll think he's a full time player, but honestly to pick between Flip and Huddles...I think Huds is the better player.

Huds, for his size, has a lot of tenacity, and has picked up quite a few goals and assists, etc, while not benefiting from the top line like Flip has. I'd like to see their ice times. In any case, as of late, especially the Lang line with Calder and Huds has put up VERY timely goals when no one else has.

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

That would be the line combo I would choose too.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holstrom

Bertuzzy - Lang - Calder

Hudler - Filppula - Cleary

forget Samuelsson...overrated puck hog

Signs of a spoiled fan. Hard not to be with how good we are :cool: .

I like the one mentioed above in his quote tho however should the hotline go cold in the playoff i'd like to see somthing like this.

Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Flippula(line 1a)

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Hudler (Line 1b)

Calder-Lang-Cleary

Malts-Draper-Franzen

Were so lucky that even if we have one injury we can replace it with a good defensive minded 18-23 goal scorer.

I am new to the forum but have been reading everyone's thoughts as of late. So here are my suggestions.

1. Zetterberg / Dats / Homer

2. Calder / Jiri / Bert

3. Cleary / Lang'r / Sammy

4. Maltby / Drapes / Flipper

Possible 5th

5. Ellis / Mule / Booter

Breaking up the best line before Injuries would be suicide - line 1

Jiri and Clader have been playing awesome together > Bert ... possible more tenacity than Lang'r

Cleary and Lang'r and Sammy were playing great together before injuries

Malts, Draps and Flip have been playing great together

The Mule I think will play good with Booter and Ellis

I think these 4 lines will put the most points on the boards, from watching them play together before all of the injuries

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Zetterberg (if they still have the chemistry they had before)

Calder-Lang-Hudler/Samuelsson

Cleary-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

I'd say keep the Maltby-Draper-Franzen line together for their forechecking and ability to go against the other teams top line.

If Bertuzzi comes back as an average player, I'd say keep him on the third line, but if he comes back and starts to play really well and is a force, then get him someone to pass to him.

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Calder-Lang-Hudler/Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

I think a lot depends on the team we match up against in the playoffs. If we face Anaheim with Neidermeyer and Pronger, we'll have to split up the talent across more than two lines. I think a lot depends on what kind of player Bertuzzi is when he comes back, he can fill a solid checking role with some offence, or he can be a go-to guy when paired with one of our great passers, Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Also, with the injury problems we've been having, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one forward out come playoff time.

Nonetheless, I'm liking this Wings team more and more. Lots of skill and lots of grit. Tough defense, great and clutch goalie, and an attitude to win. And Babcock may be a hardass, but he's a playoff style hockey coach. Go Wings!

Most people would probably like Maltby to be sat in favor of Hulder, but coming down to sheer politics that probably won't happen.

It doesn't matter to me anyways. I like Maltby still. Heck, I must be the only Maltby supporter still left on this board. :P

Though I won't be the first to admit he has lost a step over the years, he still does his job. He still draws penaltys and takes the opposing player off their game.

I'm a Maltby fan too. He still bring a lot to the table.

I think Filppula and Hudler will split time in the playoffs.