• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

russianswede919293

What should lines be when all are back

Rate this topic

I feel SO bad saying that though, because they are both fantastic. But then again, I look at the limited ice time Huds gets and see how much he produces with that and I just think WOW imagine what he'd be like with a good amount of playing time. He can easily dominate a game. Easily!

I like Flip, and I've heard a lot of people say that Flip is better, but I honestly think Huds has been better and done more in less playing time. Also, very timely goals. Imagine what he'd do with more time. He's been very awesome.

Again, showed the same tonight...awesome.

Hopefully Flips isn't too hurt though.

I like Flip, and I've heard a lot of people say that Flip is better, but I honestly think Huds has been better and done more in less playing time. Also, very timely goals. Imagine what he'd do with more time. He's been very awesome.

I agree that Huds is a better player and it's so great to see Babs having some faith in him by putting him out there in all situations.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Hudler

Cleary - Franzen - Holmstrom

Maltby - Draper - Samuelsson

Looks real good to me. Hudler has been playing great with Calder and Lang. Keep them together and try Big Bert with Zetts and Dats!! :D

EDIT: I should add, it's the PP I can't wait to see!!

Edited by rage

If it were my choice, lines would look like this:

Dats-Zetterburg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Lang-Bertuzzi

Calder-Filppula-Cleary

Frazen-Draper-Maltby

Samuelsson

Three strong lines that can score and two that can grind (the third I see as overlapping). The big plus I see in this thread is the embarrassment of riches we have on the team if all are healthy. Basically any of the line combos suggested would be strong, and the team's recent play with so many key players out shows the true depth of the organization. I just hope we can get all or most of the team clicking this year in the playoffs.

I just hope we can get all or most of the team clicking this year in the playoffs.

I just hope we don't see the trap Game 1. :crazy:

All I know is this...Hudler better keep scoring and busting his butt, because if he cools off for an extended period down the stretch he'll be in the press box for Game 1, provided everyone is back healthy. Babcock will find any excuse to sit him.

Edited by RedRum #1

Guest Crymson

Flip and Huds are better than Sammy, and that's what it comes down to when deciding on rosters.

For all those who think Maltby is going to sit:

We will see Bin Laden in the JLA press box calling the game with Mickey before Maltby sits as a healthy scratch...

Babcock loves Maltby and he has too much experience and worth to the PK for him to just be a healthy scratch. Never gonna happen guys. Dont even waste your energy typing it...

Edited by WhiteLightning91

I posted this in another thread:

I think Babcock will end up splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Bertuzzi will be on Datsyuk's wing to create space for him when things get tighter in the playoffs. The Swede line from last year will be back together.

Samuelsson-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary/Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Hudler

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Three lines that can score. It wont put too much pressure on one line. If worse comes to worst and the Wings are in a must-score situation, put Zetterberg and Datsyuk together again with Bertuzzi or Holmstrom. These lines looking much more balanced than last year (ex. No Williams, no Draper in the top six); each line looks responsible defensively except maybe the third. However, Lang will turn it over whatever line he's on. You've got some size on each line, some great offensive talent, and guys who will bust their asses.

I'd love to see Kopecky in the lineup, that kid brings a lot of energy, goes to the corners, and lays on some hits, but with him being injured all year I wonder if he can get a spot with everyone playing so well?

My Healthy Line Up:

Dats-Z-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Malts-Drapes-Mule

Cleary-Flip-Kopecky

I do believe in the playoffs we can carry more players on our roster? Anyone know the number?

I'd love to see Kopecky in the lineup, that kid brings a lot of energy, goes to the corners, and lays on some hits, but with him being injured all year I wonder if he can get a spot with everyone playing so well?

My Healthy Line Up:

Dats-Z-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Malts-Drapes-Mule

Cleary-Flip-Kopecky

I do believe in the playoffs we can carry more players on our roster? Anyone know the number?

After the trade deadline the only roster limit is the cap.

datsyuk - zetts - homer

calder - lang - hudlum

cleary - flip - betuzzi

malts - drapes - franz

samuielson out.

Potentially 3 good scoring lines, if everyones healthy, on paper, we look dare i say stacked!

each line has playmaking, grit , and scoring ability.

These lines likely won't happen unless Maltby is injured, but it's what I would do:

1st line together:

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Hudler/Lang/Calder

Bertuzzi/Filppula/Samuelsson

Cleary/Draper/Franzen

1st line apart:

Samuelsson/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Filppula

Hudler/Lang/Calder

Cleary/Draper/Franzen

Lang has been scoring and playing a tad better lately, but he still is just lollygaging out there. He does not dig for the puck and seems to be the last person accross the blue line. Unless he starts to play like he does not want to get traded, then i would move him to a 3rd line. His passing has been shotty as of late except for a few exceptions. He coughs it up on PP too often and holds on to the puck to long.

Again I feel these are the best lines once everyone is healthy.

1. Dats / Zetterberg / Homer -> this is a no-brainer... Why break up the best line in the NHL

2. Calder / Jiri / Bert -> SEE BELOW

3. Cleary / Lang'r / Sammy -> Sammy will fill in the JW hole

4. Malts / Drapes / Flipper -> 2 Grinders and 1 puck mover. Have been playing very good together

5. Ellis / Mule / Booter or Kopecky -> Mule has just not been up to his game of late and Langfeld has had his chance.

Line 1 - We want Goals... don't we? > Breaking these guys up would be loopy

Line 2 - If Bert is up to his game, and plays hard like Calder, these 3 are going to be awesome.

Jiri and Calder have been playing great together. I have yet to see Jiri make a bad move for such a young guy

and he digs hard for the puck at 5'9. Keep giving Jiri the chance to show his skill and heart.

Lang is just not motivated enough to be playing with Calder right now. It is almost like Lang is telling us, I will let

Calder do all the work and sit back and watch him get ME the puck, I'm Robert Lang, I am not going for it.

Line 3 - Lang and Cleary had the chemistry but JW just did not dig hard enough and Sammy or maybe Mule will

Line 4 - These guys have been moving the puck together very well lately, especially with Flipper's passing

Line 5 - These young guys come out every night and play like they have a fire up their butt. Can't wait to see them put it

in the net and watch them go nuts. They deserve it for the hard work.

In plain English:

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Datsyuk

Best line in hockey, assuming Zetterberg can play. Don't break it up.

Calder - Lang - Hudler

I would not break up this 2nd line, either. There is actual chemistry developing here.

Franzen - Draper - Maltby/Samuelsson

The checking line has been terrific, and Johan Franzen has been SO good in both ends of the rink, that you could literally remove Maltby and add Sammy and make this a pesky scoring line.

Bertuzzi - Filppula - Cleary

A terrific 4th line. These guys are all injured right now, and I can't see Todd Bertuzzi playing big minutes. That being said, if the Wings roll 4 lines and make quick changes, all lines will stay fresh and these are damn good lines!

Power Play Forward Pairings

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Datsyuk (for obvious reasons)

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

I put these lines together because Bertuzzi can be in front, Calder can dig in the corners and Lang can make plays with the extra space. While this line doesn't have a great shooter on it, the ugly goals could come from Bert and Calder wreaking havoc in the corners and in front, because we know the shots from the point are going to be extremely difficult to get through.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holstrom

Bertuzzy - Lang - Calder

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Hudler - Filppula - Cleary

forget Samuelsson...overrated puck hog

Tha's my preferred lineup though I suspect that Babcock will go with Sammy over Hudler.

Bertuzzi - Filppula - Cleary

A terrific 4th line. These guys are all injured right now, and I can't see Todd Bertuzzi playing big minutes. That being said, if the Wings roll 4 lines and make quick changes, all lines will stay fresh and these are damn good lines!

:lol::lol::lol:

Just stop right there...Oh my god...Just stop..Fourth line, not playing big minutes... :hehe::hehe:

We may have ourselves a new sig...

Datsyuk-Hank-Bertuzzi

Homer-Lang- Calder

Hudler-Filpula-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Lidstrom-Markov

Schneider-Kronwall

Chelios-Lebda

Im happy as long as Liljas never sees the ice.

And wheres Bertuzzi?

7 games played this year. SEVEN.

He's gonna come back after playing in maybe a couple of games, and contribute what exactly?

Go with what got ya here. ;)

"Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Lang-Calder

Cleary-Filpulla-Sammy

Franzen-Draper-Maltby"

Mix in Tomas if he's back in time.

Edited by motorcitykid

Datsyuk-Hank-Bertuzzi

Homer-Lang- Calder

Hudler-Filpula-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Lidstrom-Markov

Schneider-Kronwall

Chelios-Lebda

Im happy as long as Liljas never sees the ice.

If Cleary's healthy there's no chance he's not playing.

He was one of our best forwards last playoffs - and that was before he showed the ability to put the puck in the net.

The two forwards that will be fighting for the last spot will be Sammy and Hudler. That's it. Of course assuming full health.

7 games played this year. SEVEN.

He's gonna come back after playing in maybe a couple of games, and contribute what exactly?

Go with what got ya here. ;)

"Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Lang-Calder

Cleary-Filpulla-Sammy

Franzen-Draper-Maltby"

Mix in Tomas if he's back in time.

We didn't trade to get Bertuzzi for next season. He's here for the playoffs. The only way he doesn't play is if he is physically incapable of doing so.

dats/zeta/homer

calder/lang/huds

maltby/draper/bert

franzen/flip/cleary

Bert was not brought here to be a checker. He was brought here to bring tough offensive production and he will be on one of the top 2 scoring lines.

datsyuk - zetts - homer

calder - lang - hudlum

cleary - flip - betuzzi

malts - drapes - franz

samuielson out.

Potentially 3 good scoring lines, if everyones healthy, on paper, we look dare i say stacked!

each line has playmaking, grit , and scoring ability.

I don't know if I agree with the line combinations, but I agree with who is in the lineup. If Samulsson isnt on the first two lines (which isn't going to be) he is useless. He can't grind it out and play physical and as of late he can't score a whole lot (so like I said, 1st or 2nd line is out of the question). In fact, I haven't even noticed him in the lineup since he scored that OT goal. So good call with sitting Sammy.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

I posted this in another thread:

I think Babcock will end up splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Bertuzzi will be on Datsyuk's wing to create space for him when things get tighter in the playoffs. The Swede line from last year will be back together.

Samuelsson-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary/Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Hudler

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Three lines that can score. It wont put too much pressure on one line. If worse comes to worst and the Wings are in a must-score situation, put Zetterberg and Datsyuk together again with Bertuzzi or Holmstrom. These lines looking much more balanced than last year (ex. No Williams, no Draper in the top six); each line looks responsible defensively except maybe the third. However, Lang will turn it over whatever line he's on. You've got some size on each line, some great offensive talent, and guys who will bust their asses.

Cleary and Bert wiht Datsyuk , No one would touch him

The lineup i expect:

Pav-Z-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Franzen-Drapes-Maltby

Filppula-Cleary-Sammy/Hudler(i'd have no problem with Hudler over Sammy, but i expect Sammy to start)

The lineup i find intriguing:

Pav-Z-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Hudler

Franzen-Drapes-Maltby

Filppula-Cleary-Homer