• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

I came across this link and found it pretty interesting. It's based on stats so obviously something like this can't be fully accurate because there are a ton of intangibles in the game. However, the Wings have four players in the top 20:

4. Lidstrom
7. Zetterberg
18. Hasek
19. Datsyuk

I just thought it's pretty cool. Anyone know how the ratings are determined? Here's to Zetterberg being healthy for the playoffs.

Lidstrom is ranked as the first defenseman, Datsyuk the fifth center, Zetterberg the fourth winger (TSN lists him as a LW), and Hasek the third goalie. Hudler also is ranked as the sixteenth rookie.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#2 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

Its sweet to see guys in the top 20 like that. We have pretty much only had Nick there for the longest time. I think it takes into account everything ...as you would probably guess. Takes salary and compares it to points, time on ice, penalty mins, +/-, ... stuff like that. Because it believe it is there "fantasy value" for online pools etc. Just a guess, but I'm pretty sure thats how it goes.
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#3 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Five players in the top 10 (Hasek, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Schneider) if you don't count Hudler in the rookie category. Schneider is listed 4th amongst Dmen, by the way.

No wonder no one likes us. tongue.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#4 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

individual awards are nice, but its the team achievemetns that matter most.