• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

hottest line for the wings

Rate this topic

Both Franzen and Rex have performed admirably on this line. This tells me that Lang and Calder should no be split; they do well together. Bert ought to get a shot at the second line. If it doesn't work out (won't have a lot of time to waste) him playing with Flip and Franzen doesn't sound terrible either.

I think bert can play with either calder and lang or franzen and flip. Preferably with calder and lang, but the way they are producing with hudler, i dont know if they are going to split them up. But i imagine bert and franzen could make some room for flip and that line could shine as well. We have such a good team that its not even fair to label our lines 1 2 3 4 because they are all fantastic

Edited by My GF Wishes I Was Hank

Yeah, it really makes you wonder where Bertuzzi will end up. I think Babcock will end up splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Bertuzzi will be on Datsyuk's wing to create space for him when things get tighter in the playoffs. The Swede line from last year will be back together.

Samuelsson-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary/Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Hudler

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Three lines that can score. It wont put too much pressure on one line. If worse comes to worst and the Wings are in a must-score situation, put Zetterberg and Datsyuk together again with Bertuzzi or Holmstrom.

We have such a good team that its not even fair to label our lines 1 2 3 4 because they are all fantastic

This will only be true when Maltby does not dress for the game! LOL

In all honesty though I really feel good about how jumbled the lines are and yet everyone seems to just keep on producing even without so many of the big boys in the lineup. It does make you feel as though no matter the line combonations we will be just fine(and just fine in the playoffs when injuries always always happen).

These lines looking much more balanced than last year (ex. No Williams, no Draper in the top six); each line looks responsible defensively except maybe the third. However, Lang will turn it over whatever line he's on.

Edit: I was talking about my above post.

Edited by ARice89

Hudler played 19:30 tonight and 17:30 last night, which was more than samuelsson and homer. Maybe its a sign that hudler will stay in the lineup when its stocked and loaded, and perhaps samuelsson could be the odd man out.

Yeah, it really makes you wonder where Bertuzzi will end up. I think Babcock will end up splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Bertuzzi will be on Datsyuk's wing to create space for him when things get tighter in the playoffs. The Swede line from last year will be back together.

Samuelsson-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary/Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Hudler

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Three lines that can score. It wont put too much pressure on one line. If worse comes to worst and the Wings are in a must-score situation, put Zetterberg and Datsyuk together again with Bertuzzi or Holmstrom.

That'd be stupid. I personally don't see it coming. That line was the most productive line in the entire NHL, and it's not like we're lacking for a 2nd scoring line now - not only because of the addition of Bertuzzi but the strong play of Calder and stronger play of Lang.

It's great to see the 2nd line finally producing, but if you have to break up one line(either the 1st or 2nd), you break up the 2nd. The 2nd line is hot right now but still ain't even close in terms of what the 1st line was doing. There were stretches of games where the 1st line amounted for 100% of this team's goals scored.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Filppula-Cleary-Sammy(and i personally have no problem with Hudler in his place)

That's how i start the playoffs if health allows us too, and that's fully what i expect.

That'd be stupid. I personally don't see it coming. That line was the most productive line in the entire NHL, and it's not like we're lacking for a 2nd scoring line now - not only because of the addition of Bertuzzi but the strong play of Calder and stronger play of Lang.

It's great to see the 2nd line finally producing, but if you have to break up one line(either the 1st or 2nd), you break up the 2nd. The 2nd line is hot right now but still ain't even close in terms of what the 1st line was doing. There were stretches of games where the 1st line amounted for 100% of this team's goals scored.

No, what's stupid is putting Hudler in the press box when he's just starting to get hot. Sure the first line was great and I'm not opposed to keeping it together but the Wings need to be able to roll four lines in the playoffs. The lines I listed above give the team a very balanced attack that will keep the oppostion's defense on its heels. Datsyuk can produce without Zetterberg and Zetterberg can produce without Datsyuk. Why put all your eggs in one basket? If you need to score, put them out together. If not, roll three capable scoring lines without scratching Hudler.

Edited by ARice89

what a great feeling to have too much talent for one lineup!! i personally hope it's sammy or maltby that sits. i think there's no chance in hell it'll be malts, so hopefully sammy

Why would you want Maltby to sit?? You can never have too much gritty, defensive experience on your team. Maltby should get the nod before Sammy easy. Dare I say even Cleary.

Why would you want Maltby to sit?? You can never have too much gritty, defensive experience on your team. Maltby should get the nod before Sammy easy. Dare I say even Cleary.

Cleary brings everything Maltby brings plus 20 goals but without the playoff experience. Either way, neither of them are going to be scratched. It will be Filppula, Hudler, or Samuelsson.

No, what's stupid is putting Hudler in the press box when he's just starting to get hot. Sure the first line was great and I'm not opposed to keeping it together but the Wings need to be able to roll four lines in the playoffs. The lines I listed above give the team a very balanced attack that will keep the oppostion's defense on its heels. Datsyuk can produce without Zetterberg and Zetterberg can produce without Datsyuk. Why put all your eggs in one basket? If you need to score, put them out together. If not, roll three capable scoring lines without scratching Hudler.

Its not really about having set lines so much as it is figuring out who plays well with who. Right now, the only line that is for sure is Calder-Lang-Hudler and I wouldnt be surprised to see Hudler taken off either since Franzen did well on that line too which may lead Babs to experiment with the Right Wing. Im thinking in the last few games of the season Babs will experiment with the lines and whoever seems to click best will roll into the playoffs together.

And as you can see i said i have no problem with playing Hudler over Sammy. What i do have a problem with though is breaking up Zetterberg and Datsyuk to keep Hudler/Lang/Calder together.

You want to treat it like we have 3 equal scoring lines. That's not how it works. Yes, you want all of your lines to be able to contribute, but you aren't going to treat them as equal. Hudler isn't going to sniff nearly the ice time that Zetterberg, for example is going to see - and i'm just talking even strength.

2 good/great scoring lines + 1 checking line + 1 energy line > 3 average/good scoring lines + 1 checking line

By the way, Filppula and Cleary will both be in the lineup easily before Hudler - no matter how nice of a scoring streak he is currently on.

I love Calder :wub:

He has totally been impressive and has helped spark Lang to not be completely lazy and sucky.... I personally think that Samuelsson should be scratched before Maltby, Cleary, Hudler, or Filpulla. He brings nothing to the Wings that one of them couldn't bring (except wussy wristers). :unsure:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

That is a definite no to Cleary sitting. Maltby deserves to go first, than Sammy. If Huddles continues to play like this he cannot sit, I agree but benching Cleary isn't a good solution--anyways, the Hank injury sounds very serious, so we could be having this conversation for no reason. Cleary was playing the best hockey of his career before he got hurt and I can hardly imagine Babs scratching him out of the lineup and Cleary is another player the wings need to be hot for the playoffs. If you can never have too much defensive experience, they why bench Cleary because he clearly fits under that description-- Sammy sounds like a good candidate for me. But hey, isn't it wonderful that we can be having this conversation deciding what good player should be sitting--that we have that many options?

i know i'm gonna get some heated reponses for this but in my opinion just based on our frequent inability to score in the playoffs hudler > samuelson

he's lights out when he's alone and can flat out shoot and surprise surprise it's not 30 feet away either!

I know this is off topic, but man do I want to see a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi line for a game or two. All three of those guys have pillow soft hands around the net, they'd just be unstoppable. Not to mention Bertuzzi's size and willingness to crash the net.

I know this is off topic, but man do I want to see a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi line for a game or two. All three of those guys have pillow soft hands around the net, they'd just be unstoppable. Not to mention Bertuzzi's size and willingness to crash the net.

Same here, that line is just mouth watering.

But I have to say that ARice's lineup looks the strongest to me. The first three lines are extremely potent offensively and then the 4th is dependable. I am all for splitting up Hank and Dats if it enables us to have more balanced lines however I highly doubt Babs will be willing to split them up as they are just too effective.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Hudler

Filppula - Cleary - Holmstrom

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Samuelson

This would be my ideal assuming that Bertuzzi and Zetterberg come back and play up to their potential. And you can't break up the Sucks and two shrimps line, they rock my socks. Also, I know Im going to get s*** for putting Homer on the third line, but really, Homer > Bertuzzi? I dont think so...

I definitely agree that these should be the top 2 lines:

Calder - Lang - Hudler

Assuming all in the parties come back healthy, and that Bert fits in well there. Man, Calder has been so good, do you expect that Bert, no matter how well he does, will be a dissappointment?

We have such depth that it's hard to pick line numbers, true. But I bet Babs will only run about 3 lines so it's hard for me to pick which lines should be 3rd and which should be 4th

Perhaps:

Franzen - Flip - Holmstrom

Draper - Malby - Cleary

----------------

Hudler-Lang-Calder does not fail to impress, and I'm sick of the continued dogging of Lang, although I don't know how much of it is just joking.

No matter what you think of him, he's been getting the job done, and imo will be one of the ones who can continue to get it done in the playoffs. He's one of the best forwards right now.

edit:

Look who is star #1 on NHL.com

IPB Image

Edited by Offsides

Calder - Lang - Hudler

Filppula - Cleary - Holmstrom

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Samuelson

This would be my ideal assuming that Bertuzzi and Zetterberg come back and play up to their potential. And you can't break up the Sucks and two shrimps line, they rock my socks. Also, I know Im going to get s*** for putting Homer on the third line, but really, Homer > Bertuzzi? I dont think so...

Bertuzzi is a better overall player than Homer, but that doesn't mean he would be more effective on that line.

You simply don't break up the #1 scoring line in the NHL no matter who is on it.