33 replies to this topic

#21 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:21 AM

Babcock know quality when he sees it.
He won't break up a line who has proved itself.
It would make him a very mediocre coach, IMO.

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#22 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(Louisville @ March 15, 2007 - 02:06AM) View Post

I know this is off topic, but man do I want to see a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi line for a game or two. All three of those guys have pillow soft hands around the net, they'd just be unstoppable. Not to mention Bertuzzi's size and willingness to crash the net.

Same here, that line is just mouth watering.

But I have to say that ARice's lineup looks the strongest to me. The first three lines are extremely potent offensively and then the 4th is dependable. I am all for splitting up Hank and Dats if it enables us to have more balanced lines however I highly doubt Babs will be willing to split them up as they are just too effective.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#23 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:23 AM

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Calder - Lang - Hudler
Filppula - Cleary - Holmstrom
Franzen - Draper - Maltby
Samuelson

This would be my ideal assuming that Bertuzzi and Zetterberg come back and play up to their potential. And you can't break up the Sucks and two shrimps line, they rock my socks. Also, I know Im going to get s*** for putting Homer on the third line, but really, Homer > Bertuzzi? I dont think so...

#24 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

I definitely agree that these should be the top 2 lines:

Calder - Lang - Hudler

Assuming all in the parties come back healthy, and that Bert fits in well there. Man, Calder has been so good, do you expect that Bert, no matter how well he does, will be a dissappointment?

We have such depth that it's hard to pick line numbers, true. But I bet Babs will only run about 3 lines so it's hard for me to pick which lines should be 3rd and which should be 4th

Perhaps:
Franzen - Flip - Holmstrom
Draper - Malby - Cleary

----------------

Hudler-Lang-Calder does not fail to impress, and I'm sick of the continued dogging of Lang, although I don't know how much of it is just joking.

No matter what you think of him, he's been getting the job done, and imo will be one of the ones who can continue to get it done in the playoffs. He's one of the best forwards right now.

edit:

Look who is star #1 on NHL.com

IPB Image

Edited by Offsides, 15 March 2007 - 04:52 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ March 15, 2007 - 05:23AM) View Post

Calder - Lang - Hudler
Filppula - Cleary - Holmstrom
Franzen - Draper - Maltby
Samuelson

This would be my ideal assuming that Bertuzzi and Zetterberg come back and play up to their potential. And you can't break up the Sucks and two shrimps line, they rock my socks. Also, I know Im going to get s*** for putting Homer on the third line, but really, Homer > Bertuzzi? I dont think so...

Bertuzzi is a better overall player than Homer, but that doesn't mean he would be more effective on that line.

You simply don't break up the #1 scoring line in the NHL no matter who is on it.

"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#26 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(Inultus @ March 15, 2007 - 08:40AM) View Post

Bertuzzi is a better overall player than Homer, but that doesn't mean he would be more effective on that line.

You simply don't break up the #1 scoring line in the NHL no matter who is on it.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this.

Yes, you do. And it's irrelevant probably because the line is alreadey broken up. But even when it's not, why not try new line combos to see what works. If the new combos don't work put it back. What's the harm.

Relying on one line and refusing to ever change will just put us in a world of hurt when the line stops clicking or someone is injured.

Posted Image

#27 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(Offsides @ March 15, 2007 - 08:46AM) View Post

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this.

Yes, you do. And it's irrelevant probably because the line is alreadey broken up. But even when it's not, why not try new line combos to see what works. If the new combos don't work put it back. What's the harm.

Relying on one line and refusing to ever change will just put us in a world of hurt when the line stops clicking or someone is injured.

I'm not saying don't try it now if Zetts is hurt when Bert comes back.

But to do it just to try it out would be dumb...the harm is this: Losing games.

"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#28 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Inultus @ March 15, 2007 - 08:49AM) View Post

I'm not saying don't try it now if Zetts is hurt when Bert comes back.

But to do it just to try it out would be dumb...the harm is this: Losing games.

It's still silly to not try. Especially BEFORE the playoffs if possible.

If Babs can make more effective lines he should try to do so. He will know better than us because he watches the guys in practice so he will know better who will work well together.

I can say I think Bert would be good on a line with Datsyuk, but then maybe he wouldn't be. It's just speculation on my part. I think Bert will ultimately be with Z and Pavs or with Calder and Lang. Either way, we are breaking up a huge scoring line.

Posted Image

#29 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

This obviously because Lang is the best player in the NHL

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

Hudler has gotten regular playing time starting with the Chicago game Feb 27th.

Since then, he has posted the following stats:

8GP, 7g-3a-10pt, +9, 4 PIM, 19 shots, 36.8 sh%, 16:33 TOI/G.

He has been named first star in each of the past two games, which had 'playoff-like intensity and competetiveness' and in which he posted these numbers:

2GP, 3g-1a-4pt, +5, 4 PIM, 5 shots, 60.0 sh%, 18:00 TOI/G.

Someone tell me he should get anything other than solid minutes during the playoffs.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#31 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:33 AM

I agree that these should be the top 2 lines

Zetts - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Hudler - Lang - Calder

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#32 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

I'd like to live with these:

Scoring:

Dats - Zeta - Homer
Calder - Lang - Hudler/Sammy
Cleary - Flip - Tuzzi

Checkin:

Franz - Drapes - Malts

Edited by Henkka, 15 March 2007 - 10:00 AM.

user posted imageuser posted image

#33 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(Offsides @ March 15, 2007 - 05:40AM) View Post

Look who is star #1 on NHL.com

IPB Image

Good s***, but oddly enough, look who's #2 and #3. Weird night in the NHL.

#34 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

For about the tenth time in a week I say this: MALTBY IS NOT GOING TO BE A HEALTHY SCRATCH! Just because we can come on here and play coach doesn't mean it's going to happen. For one, he's been on the team forever. Secondly, he still does his job just fine. Just because he doesn't light the lamp every shift he's out there doesn't make him worthless garbage. And it's better to have a grinding type player on a checking line then someone who doesn't play that way. Would having Samulesson on a checking line really benefit over Maltby? No, because Samulesson is not that type of player. That would be extremly weak checking line if Samulesson was sent out there to do Maltby's job.

Samulesson, as I look at it, is the more likely scratch. I'm not coming on here to start the "samulson suks trad himz 4 a bag off puks lolz!!!!!!!!!11" trend that's been going around lately, but with the way the Hudler and Filppula have been playing it seems unlikely for him to stay in. Then again, he might scratch Hudler or Filppula based solely on the fact that their still rookies. The mind of the Babcock is a very complex organism, and you never know what he might do.