• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tunbo Batman

Why are the refs so against us?

Rate this topic

reguardless. We still beat them twice. We beat them worse than we did at home. Let the refs make crap calls, but as I see it, we still put Nashville in their place... Sometimes the great teams have to take on the other team and the refs, but it's when they win that makes them even more great

:clap::thumbup:

I remember a few games ago when three Red Wings caught a high stick and not one of them was called.

I'm of the opinion that refs don't consciously favor one team or another and make equally bad calls between the teams. Sometimes it favors us but it seems most of the time it favors the other team... I chalk the difference up to me being a little more obsessive about the Wings :D

As a baseball umpire, I know that I have never consciously favored one team over another. Sure, I have bad games. Sure, sometimes it seems like I'm favoring one team. But honestly, I'm not. I could care less who won the game. In my bad games, I can tell you that I know I'm equally as bad for both teams.

And no, a good ref will never make make-up calls.

On a side note: Is Bill McCreary (sp?) still calling games?

The thing I am truly amazed by is the extra punches/slashes/trips/face-washes that happen to Homer after a play... Why is this allowed? Is it all reputation? Someone needs to pound these guys for the abuse Homer takes before and after the whistle... mostly after.

The thing I am truly amazed by is the extra punches/slashes/trips/face-washes that happen to Homer after a play... Why is this allowed? Is it all reputation? Someone needs to pound these guys for the abuse Homer takes before and after the whistle... mostly after.

I don't think he's a dirty player. I'm not sure what you mean on his reputation. The only thing I can figure the refs think that since he crashes the net, he should be prepared to just get mauled. I wish the refs would call a roughing penalty whether its our Tomas or their very marketable play Sid the kid getting hit.