• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kp-Wings

Stastny for Calder?

Rate this topic

Just take a look at his current point totals and compare. He's closing in pretty fast on Malkin:

Paul Stastny

GP: 70

G: 23

A: 44

P: 67

Evgeni Malkin

GP: 66

G: 31

A: 43

P: 74

I know Malkin has more points in less games, but this really makes it a race now for the Calder trophy. Stastny is just 7 back of Malkin, and he's had quite a few multi-point games this season. This really is a better comparison for a Calder race then Don Cherry's favorite Jordan Staal, who has only about 40 points at the current time. Stastny is a pretty good player too, after watching him play a few times.

So, any thoughts? I thought this was pretty interesting, as I never knew Stastny was that close to Malkin in points. It makes it a tightly packed race like last year with Sid and Ovechkin.

I'm up for the possibility of it, especially adding in the extra glitz of Stastny's amazing point streak. But I don't see it happening. Malkin's addition to the penguins has lifted them into being far and away the most improved team this year were as the Avs aren't even going to make the playoffs despite getting nearly a point per game player who wasn't on the roster last season.

I must confess though, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were saying we should trade Calder to get Stastny!! I was like "HELL NO!" But then I realized what it was all about.... :blush:

There's no way that could happen anyways. The trade deadline has already passed. :P

I'm suprised we haven't seen that trade proposal yet though. jk :D

I must confess though, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were saying we should trade Calder to get Stastny!! I was like "HELL NO!" But then I realized what it was all about.... :blush:

HELL NO???

Why not? This would be the deal of a lifetime...about comparable to the deal that St. Louis got when we GAVE them Adam Oates for a washed-up has-been that played 1 season for us before hanging up the skates....

Stastny has been incredible. The thing with him is that he is so smart on the ice. He has hockey sense that you just cannot teach...

Leaving him off of the young-stars game at the all-star break seems to have really motivated him. Since then he has been one of the top producers in the league...

That being said, I don't see him beating out Malkin....

Yeah, Stastny has been great. I think Malkin will win though. We actually could've drafted Stastny. We took Abdelkader with the 42nd pick and Stastny went at 44.

I like the comparison, but Malkin will get it. they wont shut great pens rookies out two years in a row will they??

Ovechkin deserved last year's Calder.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

***...Nice way to word your topic title. Put the thing about Malkin in the first part. I got it now though. And no. The Calder goes to Malkin.

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

Don't know how I came up with this one. But would you trade Calder and picks to Colorado for Stastny? I would say hell yeah. Calder is the man and all. But Stastny could be a really special player. Would anyone not take this trade??

Did this seriously come up from the topic I posted?

While I certainly think Colorado's new GM this year is a dunce, especially after letting Rob Blake go and not making any moves at the deadline, I don't think we'd ever see a trade like that.

Edit: I forgot to mention whether I would except it or not, and I probably wouldn't. The Wings have enough goal scoring as it is, and Calder just brings too much that the Wings have lacked for so long. Sorry, but I'd pass.

Edited by Kp-Wings

This may be, quite possibly, the most ridiculous suggestion i have ever seen on here. Unless we're talking Calder and like 10 first rounders..then Colorado might listen!

This may be, quite possibly, the most ridiculous suggestion i have ever seen on here. Unless we're talking Calder and like 10 first rounders..then Colorado might listen!

That's the thing. It'll never happen.

WHO COMES UP WITH THESE IDEAS?!

Oh yeah?

GUYS HOW ABOUT WE TRADE LILJA FOR STASTNY

THATS A FAIR TRADE!

:D

That's the thing. It'll never happen.

WHO COMES UP WITH THESE IDEAS?!

It was a joke because of the other thread. Chill out.

More like Stastny for Calder TROPHY.

ah you beat me to it, but great point! :clap:

Don't know how I came up with this one. But would you trade Calder and picks to Colorado for Stastny? I would say hell yeah. Calder is the man and all. But Stastny could be a really special player. Would anyone not take this trade??

With as many posts as you've had on here, I would have thought you had more common sense than that.