• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RainingBlood

Whats up with Maltby

Rate this topic

Malts in my oppinion is valuable to this team, but in the past few games I have seen especially against Chicago, and Nashville last nigh5t he's backed down from a few fights. I know Malts can hold his own, he has proved it before. But my question is why is be backing down.

Malts in my oppinion is valuable to this team, but in the past few games I have seen especially against Chicago, and Nashville last nigh5t he's backed down from a few fights. I know Malts can hold his own, he has proved it before. But my question is why is be backing down.

but he scored 2 goals in 2 games. not to bad. he doesn't fight because IMO he does it for the team. take no peneltys.

I'd like you to prove to me that he's proved it before. The few times he has actually fought on the Wings im not sure if he's even landed one punch yet, he just goes for the takedown immediately and thats it. Its simple, he backs down from fights because he doesnt want to fight.

yeah i saw that he didnt fight when (i dont remember the name) wanted to last night against Nashville. i thought it was strange. but i would rather him not fight so the other team wont have a power play.

Well its getting towards playoffs so he has to start scoring soon, i was very shocked when he backed away last night...

Well Malts is scoring now all we need is "Ye Old Man" Chelios to score a goal and the whole team will be on a role... with the exception on Lila.

The Wings are 4-0 when he's scored......

Well thats good news, kinda sad... but good news. Its pretty funny too!

So Maltby doesn't fight..big whoop.

The guy agitates and antagonizes the hell outta players and it's the second they drop their gloves to want to fight him in which he's done his job. He's all about getting opponents riled up, and drawing penalties towards them. He doesn't have to fight to be valuable, it's not his style.

Hes an agitator.

Plus , if you saw our game vs Florida last year when he "fought" with Gary Roberts , he tried to wrestle him , not throw punchs , but try and put him in a body lock.

Im happy he doesnt fight , tahts what we have Bootland for

Hes an agitator.

Plus , if you saw our game vs Florida last year when he "fought" with Gary Roberts , he tried to wrestle him , not throw punchs , but try and put him in a body lock.

Im happy he doesnt fight , tahts what we have Bootland for

body lock = standing turtle

I've never even seen the guy fight... let alone hold his own in a scrap. Do you have any links/ivids/stats as to his pugilistic proweress? He's a good PK guy, can throw the odd check, probably a good locker room, "glue" guy too from what I've read about him. I'm not sure I would resign him for next year though. With some of the younger/cheaper guys on the way I don't know if we have room for him on the roster.

So Maltby doesn't fight..big whoop.

The guy agitates and antagonizes the hell outta players and it's the second they drop their gloves to want to fight him in which he's done his job. He's all about getting opponents riled up, and drawing penalties towards them. He doesn't have to fight to be valuable, it's not his style.

:clap: WELL SAID.

you guys are nuts, he's one of the most valuable players on the Wings, as valuable as Draper. he may not score much but whens the last big mistake he's made? he's awesome on the penalty kill and does his job well every night, throws checks, takes checks, hes a much classier version of Avery

plus he's durable, he and Lidstrom are the only players to play every game this year, he's only missed 6 games in the last 6 years

Maltby doesn't fight because his eye is one punch away from going blind after he took a stick in it years ago. That's also why he wears a visor. It doesn't surprise me that the man values his career, not to mention his eye, more than the opinions of the kinds of hockey fans who call him a wimp.

Malts has been on LGW and he has heard of how you all trash him. He is on a mission to shut you all up.

He must like me though. I compliment him. :P

I do think the Maltby bashing is stupid though. He does his job just fine. Is there anyone that will go out and fill his role on this team right now? Don't say Bootland either, because he can't kill penaltys and is not a very good defensive forward.

Seriously, why do you get on Maltby so much just because he doesnt fight? His job IS NOT to fight. His job has NEVER been to fight. Hes an agitator and on the decline at that.

People act like hes goddamn Stu Grimson out there and still backing away from fights.

Matby doesnt fight because its not his job to do so. His job is to agitate and get under the other teams skin wihtout drawing a penalty. If he were to fight, he would LOSE and take the penalty. Whats the point of taking a penalty if your not even going to win a fight. Not to mention i think he has a problem with his eye from a previous injury. There is also the fact that last night was a big game and they needed the points. You dont want to put Nashville on a power play in a game that determines first place. I think hes smart to not fight. Like i said he would prob lose, and take a crappy penalty, instead he makes the other team take the stupid penalty.

Maltby doesn't fight because his eye is one punch away from going blind after he took a stick in it years ago. That's also why he wears a visor. It doesn't surprise me that the man values his career, not to mention his eye, more than the opinions of the kinds of hockey fans who call him a wimp.

Im not even much of a Maltby fan, but :clap:

He's had a retinal detachment and repair from that injury.If he takes a punch in the eye,he'll probably lose the sight and his career in hockey.The visor is a must,and fighting is far too risky.

Maltby always elevates his game in the playoffs when it counts.

He must like me though. I compliment him. :P

I do think the Maltby bashing is stupid though. He does his job just fine. Is there anyone that will go out and fill his role on this team right now? Don't say Bootland either, because he can't kill penaltys and is not a very good defensive forward.

Then he likes me too. I love Malts. Its true what you have said. He is a great penalty killer and he is reliable defensively. Oh and he has been around the block.

Guest Crymson

He would have drawn the instigator penalty last night. Ken and Mickey mentioned that he'd have gotten in extra trouble since he wore a visor-- I don't know what that was about.

body lock = standing turtle

You = angry at world.

Edited by Crymson

Malts isn't supposed to fight, Malts is just there to crawl under the other teams skin, and have them try and start a fight. and in the old days he'd do that, then D-mac would fight the guy >.>