• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kozac

ESPN insider

Rate this topic

My friend has access, and gave me his password so I can get access. I lost his password, so I just texted him asking him to give it to me again. When I get it, I'll see what I can do about posting.

My friend has access, and gave me his password so I can get access. I lost his password, so I just texted him asking him to give it to me again. When I get it, I'll see what I can do about posting.

:thumbup: Thanks!!

Pavel Datsyuk

What's the deal with Datsyuk?

Mar 15 - Pavel Datsyuk's agent, according to the Detroit Free Press, will talk with Red Wings GM Ken Holland before the end of March, when he returns from Russia.

That doesn't leave much time to hammer out a contract extension because Holland has set a tentative cutoff date of April 1 for contract talks, unless a deal is near completion, the Free Press reports.

Gary Greenstin, Datsyuk's agent, has been asking for $7M per year, but the Red Wings can't go higher than $6M per year, according to the Free Press.

Datsyuk, who will make $3.9M this season, can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Todd Bertuzzi

Wings hopeful for Bertuzzi to play

Mar 15 - Although F Todd Bertuzzi won't join the Red Wings on their two-game road trip that begins Saturday in Vancouver, the newly acquired forward is closer to playing his first game for Detroit, the Detroit Free Press reports.

"He'll definitely play somewhere during that home stand," Wings GM Ken Holland told the Free Press about a three-game stretch that begins March 22 against Columbus.

While the Wings are on the road until Tuesday's game in Calgary, Bertuzzi will be practicing with the club's AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids, Mich, according to the Free Press.

Bertuzzi, who was acquired from Florida just before the Feb. 27 trade deadline, is still recovering from back surgery and has played just seven games this season.

If Bertuzzi remains on target for a return during Detroit's next homestand, he could play seven to nine games before the playoffs start.

Henrik Zetterberg

Zetterberg still sidelined

Mar 15 - Red Wings F Henrik Zetterberg also will not be traveling with the team to Vancouver and Calgary because of an inflamed disk, and the team hasn't set a target date for his return, according to the Detroit Free Press.

"We're optimistic he can get back before the end of the schedule because over three weeks remain," Red Wings GM Ken Holland told the Free Press.

Part of the Insider information is "local" content, but as you said, it is just links to the local articles. The other parts of Insider are mostly articles and information from ESPN personalities. A lot of NFL Draft information is Insider Only. It isn't the greatest, but you see something interesting every now and then.