• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ashenden

Fedorov a D-Man?

Rate this topic

TSN Ice Chips is reporting that Fedorov could play the rest of the season on D in Columbus. Did anyone happen to catch the last BJ's game and see his performance? I know that he played some D under Bowman, but I never saw it. It's pretty impressive that he can play both, and do both pretty well.

TSN Ice Chips is reporting that Fedorov could play the rest of the season on D in Columbus. Did anyone happen to catch the last BJ's game and see his performance? I know that he played some D under Bowman, but I never saw it. It's pretty impressive that he can play both, and do both pretty well.

wow that is very interesting

I remember how he spoke out in the media (through his father) about hating it when Bowman had to place him back there due to injuries. I wonder how long this will last.

Edited by tubaguy

When he was on D for Bowman, he was the most exciting Dman in the league. You could count omn at least one end-to-end rush per game that was a legitimate scoring chance.

That's why I like Lebda, cause he has that power. First Red Wing since Sergei that could go goal to goal and score.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

He's still a great asset to have on any team...you hardly ever see players who combine skill and versatility like he can.

I agree. And with the supporting cast he had in Detroit he was unreal. Any player that can play forward and defenseman is quite impressive in my book. And the recognition of it by Scotty is pure genius. Sometimes I really miss the good old days.

EDIT: Can you imagine a Dats-Hank-Feds line?!?!? *DROOL*

Edited by HenrikRules40

On the wonderful night of March 26, 1997, Fedorov was playing on the blueline - alongside Larry Murhpy.

The goal Fedorov scored(the first Wings goal in the beginning of the 2nd period), was a 2-on-1 created by Fedorov jumping up in the play and Murph hitting him in stride.

I agree. And with the supporting cast he had in Detroit he was unreal. Any player that can play forward and defenseman is quite impressive in my book. And the recognition of it by Scotty is pure genius. Sometimes I really miss the good old days.

...you could still see that in the near future. I am still counting on Fedorov finishing his career in Detroit. I believe as soon as he becomes UFA again, he will sign with Detroit, for mere pennies just to get back to winning and competing for the Cup. Then again...

I admit, I was one who was devistated to see Fed's leave and I will always miss him. And as good a line as Dats-Hank-Feds would be, I htink that line is perfect with Homer. Perhaps with a more skilled guy, Dats or Z could be up among the top 5-10 in scoring, but I just think with the assets that those three bring to the line, they are perfect together.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Back in the russian 5 days. We used Feds for defense quite a bit. And with that slapper he has, it wasnt too bad of a move. He's a very versitile player. Just not a very loyal player.

Actually Fedorov has been impressing me lately. Not by offense of course, which he has very little of anymore, but he has been solid playing on the blueline. I was watching a few Columbus games on CenterIce (mostly because they were playing other teams that I was going to watch) and Fedorov did look pretty good.

As far as bringing him back here though... It would have to be for a major discount. Peanuts if you will. He is an ok player, but not worth the 6 million he makes now. If he came for cheaper though, I'd welcome him back.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I don't know, there are a lot of burned bridges on both sides after he left. Would the Wings be willing to keep a guy like Emmerton from making his NHL debut for a 38-year old Sergei? Unlikely, IMO.

Look at the thread title. Who would you rather have on the blueline, Fedorov or Schneider?

I vote for the Russian.

Look at the thread title. Who would you rather have on the blueline, Fedorov or Schneider?

I vote for the Russian.

I vote for Jakob Kindl and Kyle Quincey.

As much as I loved Feds back in the day, I would ony take him if we had limited options with UFA's and for peanuts compared to what he makes now.

I vote for Jakob Kindl and Kyle Quincey.

As much as I loved Feds back in the day, I would ony take him if we had limited options with UFA's and for peanuts compared to what he makes now.

I know. I just want Fedorov's career to end how it's supposed to end. In a Red Wing sweater.

Guest LivingtheDream

Surely he regrets leaving

He absolutely has to. How couldn't he? He was misguided in thinking he could be the big star somewhere - he was a big star here because of his talent AND his team mates. Let's hope Pavel is looking at this as a potential future for himself and getting his smarmy agent to back down.

He absolutely has to. How couldn't he? He was misguided in thinking he could be the big star somewhere - he was a big star here because of his talent AND his team mates. Let's hope Pavel is looking at this as a potential future for himself and getting his smarmy agent to back down.

If Pavel ends up in Washington that would not be a problem