• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Oy vey

Rate this topic

Since I'm bored and feel like getting some discussion going, I'll start by saying what an odd night it was in the NHL as far as bubble playoff teams. You think with both Montreal and Toronto fighting for their lives they'd pull out a win in these important times. But no, they both lost. Now, Montreal losing to Pittsburgh really doesn't suprise me, because Montreal does, for all intents and purposes, blow, but Toronto losing to Washington (yes you heard right, Washington) really shocked me. Washington has NOBODY. This really costed the Leafs in my opinion. As if their schedule down the stretch isn't hard enough, they have a chance to get a few points and blow it. Heh, oh well.

So, any thoughts? I just thought I'd get some discussion going, since I'm bored and all. But yeah, what do you think about the East playoff race? It is certainly heating up and is getting interesting.

Guest Tunbo Batman

gee, toronto and montreal losing? how in hell can THAT happen? :D

seriously, it really looks like these teams are fighting for a NONPLAYOFF spot. god they blow. NYR also sucks. very boring to watch too.

Montreal has looked hideously bad the past couple games, especially without Huet. There's no way they're making the playoffs. The Leafs have a shot, but even if they make it they'll just go down in the first round...unless of course they play Ottawa, which doesn't look likely. Chances are it would be Buffalo.

All in all the race in the East is pretty exciting...lots of teams they rely on offense to succeed and only a few decent defensive teams. The only Cup-worthy team from the east is Buffalo, but they have ridiculous amounts of injuries so unless they get healthy by playoff time they'll be in trouble.

Let me rephrase that:

Washington has NOBODY beyond Ovechkin, Semin and Kolzig.

Happy now? :P

yes, thank you. Ovechkin is kind of a big deal. not fair to call him nobody.

i know what you mean though. montreal and toronto didn't really play like they wanted it very much. i saw the end of the montreal game. they played awful.

Montreal really, to me, seems like the team that wouldn't make it.

I have to ask why they are playing this Jaroslav Halak guy anyways. They brought up Yann Danis who got a shutout in his first ever career game. I really figured they should have given Danis a chance. Tonight they played Aebischer though, and he did't look good from what I seen of the game.

I still think Toronto has a chance. They just got Kyle Wellwood back, and before tonight they've been playing pretty good. Combine that with the suprisingly good play on home ice (where they've been bad all season) and they still stand a chance. Probably better than Montreal or the NY Rangers.

Guest Tunbo Batman

if the hockey gods do exist, the habs will be out.

GOD THEY BLOW.

I think they have the 27th-"best" record of the NHL since dec 23rd.

They have no captain, no identity, no chemistry, no leaders, no scorers, no core, no coach, AND NO SUPPORT. The only reason the media follows tha Habs around these days is to harass them with the teams history. And fans? Can you say BANDWAGON? The minute they lose two in a row, everyone rips their jerseys and sports bars are empty. They make Oilers and Flames fans from 2006 and 2003 look mature and sober by comparison. Screw them.

Id really like to see Toronto in because A) that means Carolinas out and B) the NHL NEEDS teams like Toronto in the playoffs. No matter how much anyone on here hates the leafs, you should still recognize this league would be in terrible shape without the support/income of teams like the leafs and with the league parity nowadays, small-market teams would probably be deeper in the red because of it.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I didn't see much of the Toronto/Washington game. Mostly watched the Tampa/Buffalo game then the Pens/Montreal game...

It's not that Montreal blows, they actually didn't play that bad. It's just that Pittsburgh was awesome tonight. As they have been lately. 6-0-1 in their last 7. They outskates, outshot, outcycled, and simply outworked Montreal. The Pens have 4 lines that play hockey, they don't rely on Crosby and Malikin. Of the last 26 goals the Pens have scored, those two only combine for 7 of them.

I have seen Montreal play worse, they gave good effort, just the Pens outlplayed them in every way.

But this loss and Toronto's loss really does hurt each team. Montreal and Toronto will have uphill battle. They are only a few points behind, but for them to catch up, the other teams will have to start losing.

I would have liked to see every Canadian team make the playoffs this year. Doesn't look like it will happen though.

Guest Tunbo Batman

the "canadian teams" and "original six teams" gimmicks are overrated and outdated anyway. give us some good teams that play great hockey period dammit. who gives a f*** about edmonton's fluke run right now? not many people i tell ya. who gives a hoot about the last time the cup went to a canadian team? iiiiiiiiii (flatline sound).

the "canadian teams" and "original six teams" gimmicks are overrated and outdated anyway. give us some good teams that play great hockey period dammit. who gives a f*** about edmonton's fluke run right now? not many people i tell ya. who gives a hoot about the last time the cup went to a canadian team? iiiiiiiiii (flatline sound).

I am Canadian, but I will agree in part. It pisses me off even more now seeing how s***ty Edmonton really is. Goes to show what a joke last season was. I know the playoffs are a whole new game, but it just doesn't seem right when these teams get a horse shoe shoved so far up their asses they are able to get through competition far better than them, only to lose, then s*** that shoe out the next season. Carolina 02', Anahiem 03', Edmonton 06;.

But as far as Canadian teams, well ... its just one of those facts of life. Hockey is life up here. And you can believe every game will be sold out to capacity. Not sure on the exact statistic, but a HUGE portion of the leagues entire revenue comes from the 6 Canadian teams.

Personally though, I'm a Red Wing fan, sooo, sure a Canadian team can make it to the West Conference final, as long as we advance to Win the Cup.

I still think Toronto has a chance. They just got Kyle Wellwood back, and before tonight they've been playing pretty good. Combine that with the suprisingly good play on home ice (where they've been bad all season) and they still stand a chance. Probably better than Montreal or the NY Rangers.

Wellwood didn't play last night due to "soreness", so we'll see if he plays tonight. Colaiacovo sat out, too. Word on the street is that Kaberle may play Tuesday against the Devils.

I will say this....I guarantee that Toronto or Montreal will win tonight :P How's that for a bold prediction?!?

gee, toronto and montreal losing? how in hell can THAT happen? :D

seriously, it really looks like these teams are fighting for a NONPLAYOFF spot. god they blow. NYR also sucks. very boring to watch too.

i honestly think the team playing the more boring hockey in the east has to be New Jersey. All they do is put 1 or 2 in the net and let broduer save them by saving a rainstorm of pucks.

Most explosive its pittsburgh...they are incredibly fun to watch

If you ask me... Toronto, Montreal, Rangers and Islanders should all make it ;) But it won't happen.

Personally I enjoy watching Leafs games, dunno if it's because they play like totally without composure and order... makes it actionpacked. Too bad for the Leafs it also means they lose their fair share of games by simply being disorganized.

Habs also play rather entertaining, but also there with the other team leaving the rink with a 2 pts smile.

Rangers are not very intriguing... and now they seem to play D first, or at least try avoid choking away leads. And that's when they score at all.

Isles are the complete package. Blazing skaters, good goalie (until DiPi got hurt), characters a la Witt n Park, Ryan Smyth, cheap shots, fights, Ted Nolan.

Canes are a puzzle. A 100+ pts season team loses Aaron Ward and Matt Cullen and suddenly find themselves in POs jeopardy.

If you ask me... Toronto, Montreal, Rangers and Islanders should all make it ;) But it won't happen.

Personally I enjoy watching Leafs games, dunno if it's because they play like totally without composure and order... makes it actionpacked. Too bad for the Leafs it also means they lose their fair share of games by simply being disorganized.

Habs also play rather entertaining, but also there with the other team leaving the rink with a 2 pts smile.

Rangers are not very intriguing... and now they seem to play D first, or at least try avoid choking away leads. And that's when they score at all.

Isles are the complete package. Blazing skaters, good goalie (until DiPi got hurt), characters a la Witt n Park, Ryan Smyth, cheap shots, fights, Ted Nolan.

Canes are a puzzle. A 100+ pts season team loses Aaron Ward and Matt Cullen and suddenly find themselves in POs jeopardy.

Good post.

I like how you emphesized "cheap shots" on the Islanders. :P But I wonder though. If the Isles do make it to the Finals, and Simons 25 game suspension is up, will he play again?

As far as Carolina goes, I don't know if Ward and Cullen were the difference makers. They both went to the NY Rangers this season (Ward actually was traded too) and it didn't seem to propel them to 100 point season. I think Cam Ward is one of the problems. He hasn't really played consistantly all season. He's come into form a little bit lately, but still is a ways off from the way he played in the playoffs last year. It's hard to say "sophmore slump" considering he was basically the backup to Martin Gerber last year until the playoffs.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I want Bruins to make the playoffs. with them winning and Leafs, Habs and Rags losing yesterday this looks fair. they still need some bad luck from Canes, but Bruins crept their way to the verge of playoff spot, and I'd most certainly like them to have a shot

I want Bruins to make the playoffs. with them winning and Leafs, Habs and Rags losing yesterday this looks fair. they still need some bad luck from Canes, but Bruins crept their way to the verge of playoff spot, and I'd most certainly like them to have a shot

Mowers will lead them there.