• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/17 GDT: Red Wings @ Canucks

Rate this topic

Part of the Western Canada thing is that these teams are typically floating around the middle of the standings while the Wings come in near the top. They get up big time for Detroit, like it's a statement game, while the Wings don't really reciprocate the effort. The Canucks attacked from the opening faceoff like this was a playoff game. The Wings were badly outshot and committed a ton of stupid penalties.

Frankly, I expect the same thing in Calgary.

Guest DetroitBoy313

Ever since the 02' playoffs Vancouver plays us really well in the regular season.I think along with Edmonton they are one of the teams that have our number in the regular season.We are 6-10 against Vancouver starting with the 02-03 season.

Edited by DetroitBoy313

I went to the game and that's what a real sellout looks like. That was a great game to watch aside from the refs calling too many penalties and breaking up the flow, and of the course the outcome.

Datsyuk was the best player on the ice--what else is new. Calder sucked--two penalties in the first and he missed an open net. Hasek needs to stay in his net--that gaffe was the turning point. I would say it's time for Kronnic to lose the cage--he had Sammy wide open a coupla times and didn't see him. Luongo made some amazing stops, especially the one on Lebda's perfect shot after coming from behind the net. The game was a lot closer than the score would indicate. I came away thinking that when Zetterberg and Bertuzzi and Franzen return, Luongo won't be able to save them against us.

edit: Oh yeah I was quite impressed with Hudler...he's looker faster out there

Edited by dicksmack

Part of the Western Canada thing is that these teams are typically floating around the middle of the standings while the Wings come in near the top. They get up big time for Detroit, like it's a statement game, while the Wings don't really reciprocate the effort. The Canucks attacked from the opening faceoff like this was a playoff game. The Wings were badly outshot and committed a ton of stupid penalties.

Frankly, I expect the same thing in Calgary.

But the Canucks are really in the exact same situation as the Red Wings. Both teams are in dogfights for their repsective division titles, and both teams will fall lower in the standings if they don't win it. It's not as if the Red Wings didn't have motivation to win last night. They just simply become a different team when they play in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Anaheim and San Jose. Four of those five teams will make the playoffs, which makes it virtually impossible for us to not play at least one of them if we want to make any sort of Stanley Cup run. Whatever the problem is, it needs to be figured out fast.

I was at the game last night and essentially the problem is that we are a 3 line hockey team right now. Only one guy on our 4th line played over 2 minutes which tells you that Babcock doesn't have a lot of faith in them!! Its tough to go out west on a road trip and play with 3 lines against teams like the Canucks and the Flames who will roll 4 lines for good portions of the game!! Anyways we played bad...they played good...we lost...onto the next game.

The thing is, though, I think it's more psychological than anything else. It's as if they go into a city like Vancouver and expect to lose. Which, obviously, is the wrong approach to things. They haven't played well in Western Canada or in California for years and years now, so it's not an isolated incident by any means. Through different coaches and different players, nothing changes. It's really strange.

Alright i was at the game so here's a little recap...

The refs were soo bad tonight i couldn't believe it, let them play hockey

Lou was amazing in net, you really need to see him live to see what he can really do

Hasek was alright, but needs to stay in his net as that was the gwg caused by coming out of the paint

Smokes goal was awful a weak wrap around

Dats and Flips had a great chance on the pk but dats hit the post, it would of been 2-0 and a different game that's forsure..

We just didn't really skate that well, and we hit the post's instead of putting the puck in the net

Dats and Flips were our best players out there

Oh well we will in Cal

and i got to party with the wings which is always great.. and oh yeah Canuck fans are classless

Sorry for the delay was still out of town

Alright i was at the game so here's a little recap...

The refs were soo bad tonight i couldn't believe it, let them play hockey

A friend of mine said that we were called on something like 17 penalties: I went back and checked NHL.com's boxscore, they report twelve, but damn! Was it really that bad? It's crazy to deal with that.

"It's hard to generate (offense) playing four against five, or five against six, we were short-handed all night," coach Mike Babcock said.

I can't quite tell if Babs means what I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's a nice way of saying "yeah thanks McCreary" with a super powerful concoction of invisible sarcasm.

A friend of mine said that we were called on something like 17 penalties: I went back and checked NHL.com's boxscore, they report twelve, but damn! Was it really that bad? It's crazy to deal with that.

"It's hard to generate (offense) playing four against five, or five against six, we were short-handed all night," coach Mike Babcock said.

I can't quite tell if Babs means what I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's a nice way of saying "yeah thanks McCreary" with a super powerful concoction of invisible sarcasm.

It was really that bad, it seemed like everytime the Wings touched the puck the whistle was blowing and us wings fans were going now WHAT... And McCreary is in my books one of the worst refs in the NHL, please McCreary put the whistle away and let them play hockey already.. It was a long game too because of all the stops due to the calls.. And i would agree with Babs that it's hard to get something going when your on the pk throughout the whole game