• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HUETforLIFE

Formula One

Rate this topic

I'm a fan of auto racing in general, not just NA$CAR, so I've tried to give F1 a fair shake. I've tried to become a fan, but I just can't get into it. There's just nothing there to grab my interest. Typically whoever makes it to turn 1 first wins...the rest is normally just follow the leader. I used to watch a lot more F1 races, but now I typically just catch the US race and also Monaco, since it's such a sweet historic track.

F1 is more competitive than it was in the Schumacher era, but it's still nowhere near as competitive as NA$CAR or the IRL.

I watched Schumacher since his days in Benetton, and then (Mind you i'm still fairly young when he goes to Ferrari) That Real Sharp-lookin, red and white Ferrari car. I mean, it looked like it was doing 180 MPH standing still. and I've been hooked since. And now that Schu's gone, I'll find someone new to support. Maybe check out these Ferrari Drivers...I knew Raikkonen had Talent, and for the past few years, McLaren's been on a downward turn...Then came Alonso and Renault to provide a 3rd team to step up on McLaren-Mercedes and Ferrari.

Oh, and don't forget the 1st turn wrecks, and the squeeze turns at places such as GP Monaco and GP USA..And In INdianapolis when they pull through the standard turn 1. COMING DOWN THE FRONT STRETCH AT 230 MPH!!!!!

F1 drivers are farmore talented than NASCAR drivers.

Tougher courses, faster cars, and less wrecking.

And Sting; Monaco is about the ONLY course where getting to Turn 1 puts you in the lead all race. Pretty much every other course is set up for passing opportunities. Monaco, because it's a street course, can't have that setup. Much like when the US Grand Prix was in Detroit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Circuit_Detroit.png

Much like when the US Grand Prix was in Detroit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Circuit_Detroit.png

Yup. Very true. I miss having the Detroit Grand Prix.

I see.

How come American drivers like Michael Andretti can't do squat when they go to F1 then.

Andretti is not that great of a driver. Never was in the top 3 in F1 and only won a cart championship in 91. Juan Pablo Montoya was a successful driver in both the US cart league and F1. Granted he hasn't been with NASCAR that long but he will be the measuring stick to see how drivers compare.

Keep in mind F1 lovers, that I am not bashing your sport. Racing is tough on all levels from tough road courses to dirt track racing. I am just saying that the best drivers are on and will continue to jump to NASCAR because of this reason: MONEY!!!! NASCAR has the most fans hence the money is there. F1 has to be drooling over the amount of fans NASCAR has and continues to draw every weekend.

To me personally, NASCAR is far more exciting because with F1 and US indy racing...you get a big lead early...your less likely to blow that lead. NASCAR can change on a dime with incidents on the track and pit stops. Also I can picture me driving a NASCAR model car in real life in that I can actually go to a car dealership and purchase a Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion, Dodge Charger, or Toyota Camry. Kind of a big time to me.

Edited by timothy1997

Yup. Very true. I miss having the Detroit Grand Prix.

Andretti is not that great of a driver. Never was in the top 3 in F1 and only won a cart championship in 91. Juan Pablo Montoya was a successful driver in both the US cart league and F1. Granted he hasn't been with NASCAR that long but he will be the measuring stick to see how drivers compare.

Keep in mind F1 lovers, that I am not bashing your sport. Racing is tough on all levels from tough road courses to dirt track racing. I am just saying that the best drivers are on and will continue to jump to NASCAR because of this reason: MONEY!!!! NASCAR has the most fans hence the money is there. F1 has to be drooling over the amount of fans NASCAR has and continues to draw every weekend.

To me personally, NASCAR is far more exciting because with F1 and US indy racing...you get a big lead early...your less likely to blow that lead. NASCAR can change on a dime with incidents on the track and pit stops. Also I can picture me driving a NASCAR model car in real life in that I can actually go to a car dealership and purchase a Chevy Impala, Ford Fusion, Dodge Charger, or Toyota Camry. Kind of a big time to me.

I'm not sure about the big led thing, especially european course's add some rain and the s*** hits the fan. :crazy: anyways the cars are so sensative that they breakdown at the slightest thing or is that just my team favourite team mclaren. :lol::(:angry:

Michael Schumacher made twice in salary what Nascar drivers made, and was the highest paid athlete in the world in ANY sport.

You do realize that a NASCAR car is a tube frame racing machine that bears NO mechanical resemblance to the car whose facade it simulates? A NASCAR car is far more similar to a F1 racer than a producton model.

As far as Montoya is concerned...just a couple weeks ago he DOMINATED a NASCAR race, and this is while still getting familiar with the courses and cars.

I'm not sure about the big led thing, especially european course's add some rain and the s*** hits the fan. :crazy: anyways the cars are so sensative that they breakdown at the slightest thing or is that just my team favourite team mclaren. :lol::(:angry:

It's just McLaren. Like a few years ago when Hakkinen's car erupted ina plume of smoke on the final turn and Schumacher passed him for the win.

Go Ferrari!

Are you including endorsements??

Shumacher was reportedly on between 23 and 30 million pounds a year a few seasons back when he first signed for farrari , don't know if it includes endorsements or not tho.This season i've read that kimi raikkonen is on around 18 million, but again these are just rumours.

Shumacher was reportedly on between 23 and 30 million pounds a year a few seasons back when he first signed for farrari , don't know if it includes endorsements or not tho.This season i've read that kimi raikkonen is on around 18 million, but again these are just rumours.

i think i read on wikipedia that schumacher was making $250 million just from endorsements.

i think its absurd to suggest that nascar pays more than anyone else. countries other than the U.S. have money too.

i think i read on wikipedia that schumacher was making $250 million just from endorsements.

i think its absurd to suggest that nascar pays more than anyone else. countries other than the U.S. have money too.

:yowza: Damn! Mickey Schumacher is one rich S.O.B. :P

I'm a racing NUT!!! :D I'll watch anything. I've watched about all of the NASCAR races from the top three series (Nextel Cup, Busch, and Craftsman Trucks), the first two F1 races (Australia and Malaysia), the IRL races, the CCWS Las Vegas GP, the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, the ALMS 12 Hours of Sebring and the St Pete race. I would have caught the Bahrain GP if I remembered it was on, the Long Beach CCWS race if WDIV would have shown it, and the Long Beach ALMS race if I remembered it. In the past, I've watched GP2 (a feeder series to F1), WRC (World Rally Championship) stages, NHRA races, MotoGP, sprint cars, a NASCAR Modified race, dirt bikes, and even a lawnmower race LOL. Heck, I've even seen boat races. If it has an engine, I'll watch it :D

I'm pretty partial to Kimi Raikkonen in F1. He seems like a humble guy. I'm also a fan of Scott Speed, the only American in F1 right now.

As you can see, I'm quite a racing fanatic :)

I'm a racing NUT!!! :D I'll watch anything. I've watched about all of the NASCAR races from the top three series (Nextel Cup, Busch, and Craftsman Trucks), the first two F1 races (Australia and Malaysia), the IRL races, the CCWS Las Vegas GP, the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, the ALMS 12 Hours of Sebring and the St Pete race. I would have caught the Bahrain GP if I remembered it was on, the Long Beach CCWS race if WDIV would have shown it, and the Long Beach ALMS race if I remembered it. In the past, I've watched GP2 (a feeder series to F1), WRC (World Rally Championship) stages, NHRA races, MotoGP, sprint cars, a NASCAR Modified race, dirt bikes, and even a lawnmower race LOL. Heck, I've even seen boat races. If it has an engine, I'll watch it :D

I'm pretty partial to Kimi Raikkonen in F1. He seems like a humble guy. I'm also a fan of Scott Speed, the only American in F1 right now.

As you can see, I'm quite a racing fanatic :)

I used to be a big Kimi fan when he drove for McLaren ,I was gutted for him a couple of season's ago when he should have won the world championship's. I would go as far to say that he is by far the fastest driver on the F1 grid. But now he drive's for Farrari he's the enemy. :P

I used to follow all forms of motor racing too. But since Dale Earnhardt died , Alex Zanardi had his accident and Richard Burns died , I kinda lost intrest in the other top motorsports. I still follow The Le Mans 24 Hours race tho , I love trying to stay up for 24 hours straight to watch the whole race. :D

Quite possibly. If not this season then next.

How 'bout those Saubers? If they continue at this rate they'll be contenders next season.

Yeah , they've been awsome since Bmw became their major backer. Frank Williams will be beating himself up about loosing them. On the other hand Peter Sauber will be giving himself a pat on the back. great piece of buisness from him in turning a mid table team to a potential title contender. :clap::thumbup: