• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

News on Pavs

Rate this topic

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

"Pavel Datsyuk is trying to re-sign with the Detroit Red Wings.

Spector's Note: To do so Datsyuk will have to come down from his earlier asking prices, believed around the $6.85 million mark."

6.8 million seems a little much...ok way to much...for Pavs... I hope he comes down :(

More News:

DATSYUK LAUGHS OFF INTERNET RUMOUR.

DETROIT NEWS: Ted Kulfan reports Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk "laughed off an Internet rumor he was planning on signing with Washington this summer to team with Alexander Ovechkin .

Datsyuk can become an unrestricted free agent this summer, and his agent Gary Greenstin and the Wings have made mild progress on a new deal."

Spector's Note: It's possible Datsyuk could re-sign with the Wings, and they'd like to retain him, but his salary demands (which were rumoured earlier this season to be over $6 million per season) will have to be more reasonable. If not, he could become a UFA, but it remains to be seen if he'd sign with the Capitals, who may have their sights set on more consistent regular and post-season performers like Daniel Briere, Chris Drury or Scott Gomez.

Is it possible that Dtasyuk is an LGW viewer? There was a post on this subject within th elast few days...It is reassuring that it is only a rumor about him to Washington.

Is it possible that Dtasyuk is an LGW viewer? There was a post on this subject within th elast few days...It is reassuring that it is only a rumor about him to Washington.

It's a rumor that's likely gone around, so it isn't LGW-exclusive.

I say Z needs to cold clock Dats and put some sense into his head. "Look, buddy, my friend, compadre, mi amigo, igor, it looks like somebody missed snacktime. Here's a McD's snackwrap. Ready to negotiate with your head out of the clouds? Let's be a fearsome duo next season too."

I want Dats to re-sign, but at this point $6.85 is too high......especially with Lids making $7.8 (which by the way, he deserves every penny of). I would be more than willing to sign Dats long term for $5 mil, and even $5.5-$5.9 if he performs stongly in the playoffs since the cap is rumored to be around $47-$48 mil.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Guest Crymson

I don't understand how things go between people here and the duo of Spectors and Eklund:

I'll go over the average progression (with some posters)

Eklund/Spectors rumor type 1: Somebody GOOD is rumored to be coming to the Wings!!!

LGW Poster: Oh, that's just BS.. they're never right.

Eklund/Spectors rumor type 2: Somebody GOOD is going to a Red Wings rival/a Red Wings player is demanding an enormous contract!

LGW Poster: Uh oh, we're in trouble.

................the point? They're always wrong. Both ways.

Edited by Crymson

6 million is way too much and Detroit shouldnt sweat it either. Drury can replace Datsyuk. Hes not as pretty with his moves, but hes got different skills that are just as valuable.

Id like to see 5-5.5M at most.

On a long term contract.

After he performs in the playoffs.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

i'd like to see holland lock up datsyuk long term for under $6 million. dats and z are amazing together and i'd hate to see that broken up.

I see Datsyuk getting 5 Mill and another .8 Mill in Playoff Bounus for 5 years

Edited by Zburg40

I want Dats to re-sign, but at this point $6.85 is too high......especially with Lids making $7.8 (which by the way, he deserves every penny of). I would be more than willing to sign Dats long term for $5 mil, and even $5.5-$5.9 if he performs stongly in the playoffs since the cap is rumored to be around $47-$48 mil.

Edit: Spelling

It's gonna take at least 6mil to sign him - no if ands or buts. Holland may be able to get creative with incentives (like playoff performance) - but don't count on it. Datsyuk holds most of the cards because of market demand.

I don't understand how things go between people here and the duo of Spectors and Eklund:

I'll go over the average progression (with some posters)

Eklund/Spectors rumor type 1: Somebody GOOD is rumored to be coming to the Wings!!!

LGW Poster: Oh, that's just BS.. they're never right.

Eklund/Spectors rumor type 2: Somebody GOOD is going to a Red Wings rival/a Red Wings player is demanding an enormous contract!

LGW Poster: Uh oh, we're in trouble.

................the point? They're always wrong. Both ways.

i don't know if Eklund and Spector should be in the same category. Eklund and his "people" post random rumours that people have heard with nothing backing it up. All spector does is post comments about rumours that are in either in actual news papers or some people listening to sport talk radio in various markets.

I would believe something coming out of Spectors mouth before something coming out of Eklunds

I have a suggestion: Wait until after the playoffs.

And I'd like to ask once again: Why is everyone so afraid he'll go to Washington? The Capitals haven't signed a big priced free agent since Jagr, and he was such a bust there that GM George McPhee has stated NUMEROUS times that the Capitals were going to stricly re-build through the draft. More than likely Datsyuk will not sign with Washington. Just because Eklund can pull out these rumors from the far corners of his ass doesn't make them true.

Guest LivingtheDream

This team can't exist without Pavel in the regular season. He is currently #15 in the NHL in scoring. He has a psychic connection with Zetterberg and was a key part of the best line in the NHL this winter. In addition, he is known all over the league for his insane skills and jaw dropping plays. Sign him for 6 point whatever or this team is toast and he will go on to greatness somewhere else and we can sit here and whine about how we don't have him any more.

He is worth keeping but at a lesser price, I think playoff ncentives are a must for a contract..

Playoff incentives are not an option for a player with his tenure. He has to be in the league longer for that. I learned that right here on LGW. So now what?