• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grimace1970

Larry Murphy says "F*cking" during telecast!

Rate this topic

Did anybody catch during the first couple of minutes of the first period, when Larry was asking if you could read the lips of the Vancouver coach you'd know how mad he was. It was clear the guy said "blah blah f*cking something or other", which was mildly amusing. But seconds later, when talking about a sudden change in the direction of the game, Larry said "and now they find themselves f*cking for their lives!". I backed it up like three times to be sure that I heard it correctly! I am sure the intended "fighting" was modified by his previous comments accidentally. He didn't say much for a minute or so afterward. Check it if you TIVO'ed it and are really bored.

I know what moment you're talking about, and I do believe he dropped the F bomb. It was more or less an accident though. I'm sure Larry has enough morale values to not swear on purpose on TV. It was an accident.

Guest Crymson

I know what moment you're talking about, and I do believe he dropped the F bomb. It was more or less an accident though. I'm sure Larry has enough morale values to not swear on purpose on TV. It was an accident.

Swearing has nothing to do with one's 'moral values.' It's just illegal on network TV.

Nothing will come of this, almost certainly; if something does happen, it only serves to highlight how tightassed some people in this country are.

Edited by Crymson

This stuff happens....its when its malicious that it gets reviewed and action takes place.

Exactly, it was a slip up and no one got hurt. It's not unlike the newscaster who was trying to talk about the "top cop" somewhere and accidentally (repeatedly) kept talking about the, er, head rooster, if you get my drift. :P

Guest Don Corleone

Reminds me of the Bert Blyleven thing on one of the Twins pregame shows last year.

That's amazing, I wish I had seen it, kind of along the same lines...

two weeks ago I was at mass and during one of the readings the lector was like "and sh*t on the alter" I almost died laughing, especially when father looked right at me. It was so funny and you could tell that the lector knew what he said.

Her is the whole thing word for word....

Alain Vigneault can be see but not heard saying "F*cking Stupid" in response to his team being called for too many men on the ice.

Larry Murphy "Quoted word for word"

"Well 5 on 3 against Detroit and you know that's not the position you want to put himself into....and you can see right there if you can read lips.....not too happy.......turnif.........how things turn so quickly...Vancouver comes out ..plays well for the first couple minutes.....puts lots of pressure on Detroit....now they are going to be F*cking for their lives " :blink:

I have it on DVD and if this old fart knew how to get it to youtube , I would.

Alain Vigneault can be see but not heard saying "F*cking Stupid" in response to his team being called for too many men on the ice.

"Well 5 on 3 against Detroit and you know that's not the position you want to put himself into....and you can see right there if you can read lips.....not too happy.......turnif.........how things turn so quickly...Vancouver comes out ..plays well for the first couple minutes.....puts lots of pressure on Detroit....now they are going to be F*cking for their lives " :blink:

Haha that is exactly word for word! I checked my tape last night and was like WOW he really did say the f word!

However, it sounds like he meant to say "fighting" rather than "f*cking".

No biggie in my book.

Thanks for the word-for-word DR.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25