• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Vladdy

Rate this topic

I will never , EVER forgive that limo driver. Stupid drunk and a druggie too. He cost Vladdy his career. Can you imagine If he had stayed in the NHL ? This would most likely have been his last year. If everything had worked out the same , we couldve had so many more cups.

He wasent a normal russian , he had so much heart , he was probably the ebst open ice hitter of that era , and He loved the game.

I miss you Vladdy , good lcuk to you and hopefully you'll recover a bit more in the enxt couple of years.

I will never , EVER forgive that limo driver. Stupid drunk and a druggie too. He cost Vladdy his career. Can you imagine If he had stayed in the NHL ? This would most likely have been his last year. If everything had worked out the same , we couldve had so many more cups.

He wasent a normal russian , he had so much heart , he was probably the ebst open ice hitter of that era , and He loved the game.

I miss you Vladdy , good lcuk to you and hopefully you'll recover a bit more in the enxt couple of years.

...just think, there are people out there that want to legalize pot, then we can have cars hitting trees all over the place!

...don't get down on me for that comment, I know, "in Amsterdam it's legal and there aren't cars hitting trees everyday."

...but, if you legalize it now in the US, it'll be just like the crime in the US. Idiots and retards will have access to it "LEGALLY" and bring harm to other people, because they would abuse it. It'll be just like drinking, you'd probably have a legal limit, and most people who choose to partake, will ALWAYS go way past the legal limit. In my opinion pot is for losers, and WHOEVER smokes it, is in fact a loser, whether I know you or not, you're a loser. I have family members that smoke it, and guess what? They're losers...

...anyway, back to Vladdy himself. I met him one time in the old Delta Airines baggage claim at DTW, back in his prime. Nicest guy in the world (of course most Hockey players are) barely spoke English, but he got his point across in our limited conversation, he was picking his wife up from CVG. Someone mentioned earlier that he only played 5 years, in those 5 short years he became one of the most feared players to play against in the NHL. Everyone hated him, unless he was on your team...

...Too bad about his fate...

Happy Birthday!

Edited by LeftWinger

I don't blame her.

Think about it..she has stood by him for ten years hoping he would get better.

One has to imagine that she has been under CONSIDERABLE strain.

You also have to remember that Vladdie likely is a markedly different person since the accident and his limited recovery. He did suffer a pretty severe head injury, you know.

It is too bad that the Illitch family and the Wings fans are more committed to Vladdy than his wife is. I cired when he came walking in at Stevie's number raising. His wife will have to answer for her actions when her time comes.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

I've gone to all of the "Toast of Hockeytowns" and spent a load of $$$ there at the auctions. A big chunk of the money goes to those guys' rehab. I would say if you are a true-blue Wings fan and want to get to see the team, eat good food, drink good wine, and (the past two years) tour the Joe, cough up the $250 admission and GO. Rehab's expensive! Plus, Vlady's been there every year except this year...not sure what the situation was this year. :rolleyes:

OH, yeah, I'm surprised somebody didn't get hired to break all of that limo driver's bones! :angry:

I

Nice backhanded compliment. It's like saying: "He wasn't a normal Newfie, he had so much brain." But I guess you just can't help being a bigot, can you? :rolleyes:

Nice backhanded compliment. It's like saying: "He wasn't a normal Newfie, he had so much brain." But I guess you just can't help being a bigot, can you? :rolleyes:

Did you even read my post ? It was a total compliment to Vladdy and how if that hadent happened we couldve won a few more cups.

Ok , so I worded it wrong. I dont have a problem with Russians , you assume I do , some of my favorite players are russian.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

...PLEASE! Ok, maybe he should have said, he was one of the greatest players to play the game, and he had so much left to give. It was a shame that a guy that had so much heart, had to have his career ended by a loser...

...give us a break dude... C'mon down off the horse...

....so easy a caveman can do it...

Did you even read my psot ? It was a total compliment to Vladdy and how if that hadent happened we couldve won a few more cups.

Although , this isnt the first time you've disagreed with one of my posts.

Yes I read your post in its whole misspelled entirety. And am not disagreeing with your post here. I am calling

you a bigot, who can't help but show his bigotry even when he is trying to be nice. It is sad, really. I do wish you'd step back and take a look at this biased view of Russians you have, then go out and try to actually meet a few Russians and see if they conform to your prejudices. If enough of them don't, perhaps you would consider abandoning that stereotype? It's a long shot, I know. :(

...PLEASE! Ok, maybe he should have said, he was one of the greatest players to play the game, and he had so much left to give. It was a shame that a guy that had so much heart, had to have his career ended by a loser...

...give us a break dude... C'mon down off the horse...

....so easy a caveman can do it...

Sorry, but Detroit #1 Fan is very consistent in his anti-Russian bigotry. If this was a first or second time, I'd give him the benefit of a doubt. But he does it consistently and repeatedly, ignoring all arguments to the contrary.

Sorry, but Detroit #1 Fan is very consistent in his anti-Russian bigotry. If this was a first or second time, I'd give him the benefit of a doubt. But he does it consistently and repeatedly, ignoring all arguments to the contrary.

Im not anti-russian. Not at all , find something that proves that I am , Like I said , Vladdy was probably my ffavorite defenceman before that accident happened.

Fedorov was also one of my favs , and of course now Malkin and Ovechkin , but just because I like them means im anti russian. :rolleyes:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Im not anti-russian. Not at all , find something that proves that I am , Like I said , Vladdy was probably my ffavorite defenceman before that accident happened.

Fedorov was also one of my favs , and of course now Malkin and Ovechkin , but just because I like them means im anti russian. :rolleyes:

So why do you like them, if they have no "heart" in your opinion? And if they all do, then explain the "He wasent a normal russian , he had so much heart" remark. And if you wish, I could go back and search for the other dozens of remarks with the same message that you've posted.

It's a shame about the divorce of the Konstantinov's.

Intially when I glanced I thought, "What a slug." But, we have absolutely no idea how difficult it must be for Vladimir in trying to live a semblance of a normal life. I'm not trying to take up slack for his ex-wife, it must have been hard for her too. Hopefully my marriage vows, if they ever come, will be more than that. We'll never know what has happened in their personal lives since the bad accident, nor should we as it's not really much of our business, so we can't really go around saying his wife is a dirty tramp or anything like that.

Now, back to the topic at hand. It's good that it looks like Konstantinov is in decent spirits and is trying to do things on his own again. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to do what he's trying to do everyday to recover. I don't even want to fathom if it happened to me.

Let's not forget Sergei Mnastikonov (spelling train wreck), the former masseur, in this whole mess as well. He also suffered injuries that will prevent him from having a normal life as well in all likelihood. I hope he's making some progression as well.

When I first saw Konstantinov holding the Cup being wheeled around after the Game 4 win in Washington in 1998, it gave me chills...

Intially when I glanced I thought, "What a slug." But, we have absolutely no idea how difficult it must be for Vladimir in trying to live a semblance of a normal life. I'm not trying to take up slack for his ex-wife, it must have been hard for her too. Hopefully my marriage vows, if they ever come, will be more than that.

We'll never know what has happened in their personal lives since the bad accident, nor should we as it's not really much of our business, so we can't really go around saying his wife is a dirty tramp or anything like that.

I think even in good marriages (if HC is right about the infidelity), it'd be very tough to stay after something like that. Honestly, people can say "Do marriage vows have no meaning anymore?" way easily, but watching someone become a very different person within the blink of an eye... that changes things. I don't care if you have the highest ideals and dreams for what matrimony ought be, it's an ordeal to lose someone like that.

The people that stay in the aftermath are rare, I think, and I believe that takes exceptional love--which, subsequently, I believe is very rare amongst people, period.

And you do lose them, in parts, greater or smaller, when an injury or disease of that magnitude comes. I think it was two years ago that I saw Vladdy with a woman and his walker in Novi at Twelve Oaks mall, and it was tough watching that. He ain't the same.

I miss Vladdy. He was such a great player. He is such an inspiration though. While he doesn't have the abilitys he used to, it shows that strong people can fight through adversity.

Happy Birthday Vladdy! Hope you have a good one!

again, what is his mind set like? Is he just slow, does he just have problems walking and talking, or is he mentall retarded from the accident. I know that he has some problems with the walking and talking aspect because of the head injury but where did that leave him on a mental level. Is he all there, or lights out, or somewhere in between?

again, what is his mind set like? Is he just slow, does he just have problems walking and talking, or is he mentall retarded from the accident. I know that he has some problems with the walking and talking aspect because of the head injury but where did that leave him on a mental level. Is he all there, or lights out, or somewhere in between?

His motor skills are damaged and not repairable to a normal level and he has physical problems with walking. I dont know the exact diagnosis but its safe to say he's not playing hockey ever again. At least he made it out of the accident alive

When I first saw Konstantinov holding the Cup being wheeled around after the Game 4 win in Washington in 1998, it gave me chills...

Ok, I'll admit it, before he even was given the cup I was crying like a baby just seeing him wheeled onto the ice. What a great moment for the organization and all us Red Wing fans!