• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Stars president 'sick' of Predators' overall attitude

Rate this topic

Well there is no rule about being classy in the NHL - they should have made the announcement the same as if a player hit goal # 500 etc - then the fans can cheer or boo if they want - they're just ignorant.

The above point is why I don't like them, however. The Predators should receive not one penny more in revenue than the team generates itself. Why must we have communism in the NHL for crying out loud???? They *might* have a great team, but if they cannot support themselves through ticket sales and merchandise - they should fold just like any other business - it makes me sick. I no longer want to buy Red Wings merchandise if part of the $$ goes to support un-franchise-worthy teams.... :angry:

C'mon. Corporate welfare goes on all the time in any industrialized country.Why should NHL be any different? At least they don't get to use taxpayers money..., oh wait, just about every hockey arena in the US had some public funds in it. The Joe specifically included. :)

It'd be nice to know what the Preds organization has to say about this.

Pretty much a one-sided article IMO.

In any case, if the Preds people in the arena didn't acknowledge it in someway then yeah that's pretty classless IMO.

Nashville just doesn't understand hockey. lol

i agree even tho they are not on the same team. it would be nice for every one to show some respect. if he had scored 502 and 503 goalsin detroit, detroit would have anouced it in a heart beat thats just class and respect

Of course, given that Modano is from Westland MI gives them a little more incentive to do so...

i agree even tho they are not on the same team. it would be nice for every one to show some respect. if he had scored 502 and 503 goalsin detroit, detroit would have anouced it in a heart beat thats just class and respect

Actually it's really too bad it wasn't done here, seeing as Modano is from Livonia, I imagine he would have gotten one hell of an ovation!

Or is it westland? I can never remember...

Edited by Winged Scooter

While I think its a little crybabyish for the Lites to come out and say that crap, it is hard for me to like Nashville knowing they're the biggest welfare recipient in the league AND they voted against changing this horrible schedule.

And there should have at least been an announcement about Modano's goal.

Agreed.

But to boo him? To chant things at him? All this against a player who represents your own country, and has set a standard for future American hockey players to look up to. What kind of hockey fan does that?

:crazy: Chelios? The guy is pretty much universally hated by fans across the league- I cant imagine him recieving any 'good sport' treatment from any American franchises or their fans

Also, has it been mentioned that during the lockout, Modano came out publically and said that he felt Nashville shouldnt be in the league? He championed the idea of contracting Nashville.

Its no wonder that the organization and fans dont like the guy

Edited by Mark THS

Considering how little attention this has gotten on NHL.com, why aren't more people complaing about Bettman? Hockey fans love to bash Bettman.

NHL.com is very PC. They didn't even have the Chris Simon incident on the front page the day after the incident. It was all over TSN and ESPN.com.

This is from a Nashville fan on another board........

The record breaker occurred during the penalties on Tootoo (double minor for roughing) and Robitas (charging). Lost in all this was fact that Modano whacked Tootoo across the back with his stick. Interpret it as you will. Here's the video. as will be obvious, these are the preds commentator. The analyst is Terry Crisp who was one of the broad street bullies and coached Calgary to Stanley Cup. If they had announced the record breaker at that heated moment, the chorus of boos would have been loud. Further, no one in Nashville cares what the Stars' President thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWw_VrQiSMU

Valid point alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I understand it's a competitive situation, but we're also working together to sell the game," Lites told the paper. "They get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

I agree with Lites on this one.

HERE...is the real point worth taking note of.

:clap:

This is from a Nashville fan on another board........

The record breaker occurred during the penalties on Tootoo (double minor for roughing) and Robitas (charging). Lost in all this was fact that Modano whacked Tootoo across the back with his stick. Interpret it as you will. Here's the video. as will be obvious, these are the preds commentator. The analyst is Terry Crisp who was one of the broad street bullies and coached Calgary to Stanley Cup. If they had announced the record breaker at that heated moment, the chorus of boos would have been loud. Further, no one in Nashville cares what the Stars' President thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWw_VrQiSMU

...funny, noone in Nashville cares what the rest of the hockey world thinks either. That is why it will NEVER be a true NHL city, never. The only real fans down there are the tarnsplanted Northerners who go to watch the visiting teams...

...Knowledge is power, it's obvious Nashville fans have none...

...funny, after watching that video, how in the hell did Robitas get a charging call? In this day and agae of Bettman wanting to clean up the NHL, TuTu should have been given a game misconduct for intent to injure. That was blatant. Another thing I didn't like is TuTu should have never been ablr to finish the game healthy. He should have been taken out, legally or illegally. That is what's gonna clean up our game to get these suckers out of here!

Edited by LeftWinger

Modano just became the greatest American Born goalscorer in the history of the NHL and you don't see what the fuss is about?

How many did Y score? :sly:

:hehe:

Jussst kidding, we all know Modano can sit in Y's golf cart any night of the offseason!

Another thing I didn't like is TuTu should have never been ablr to finish the game healthy. He should have been taken out, legally or illegally. That is what's gonna clean up our game to get these suckers out of here!

:lol::lol::lol:

did you read that before you posted it?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Whether or not they want to is up to them, theres no requirement. But to come out and whine about it is rather crybaby-ish. Making a big to do about Modano being a reason theres hockey in Nashville? Please..

He's got a point Lou. It may not be a quantifiable thing as in how much impact did Modano have personally in a team being brought to Nashville but Modano and the Stars relocation and subsequent success did help push hockey into the southern states. You can't disprove this either way so he's as entitled as you to make his claim. Furthermore, he's correct in that Nashville is one of the teams that benefits the most from revenue sharing and the success of franchises like Dallas and Detroit. Actually, instead of Predator, Parasite would've been a more fitting name for the way that franchise has been allowed to operate.

:lol::lol::lol:

did you read that before you posted it?

Ahhh Legionnaire? That's why I'd take you over many of our posters any day. You're intelligent and articulate. I mean sure you're a Preds fan, but I can forgive you that one sin. :sly:

Actually it's really too bad it wasn't done here, seeing as Modano is from Livonia, I imagine he would have gotten one hell of an ovation!

Or is it westland? I can never remember...

aaaaaHA! So the secret's out- Modano is a Canadian in hiding. We reserve the right to claim all players coming from a state bordering us. Just like you guys can have Rick Nash for keeps. Canadians all agree that basketball is lame anyway.

Ahhh Legionnaire? That's why I'd take you over many of our posters any day. You're intelligent and articulate. I mean sure you're a Preds fan, but I can forgive you that one sin. :sly:

aaaaaHA! So the secret's out- Modano is a Canadian in hiding. We reserve the right to claim all players coming from a state bordering us. Just like you guys can have Rick Nash for keeps. Canadians all agree that basketball is lame anyway.

Which NBA teamdoes Rick Nash play for? The same one as Steve Nash, or different one? :)

no compliments please. it inevitably starts the countdown to someone from LGW going over to the preds boards and finding me there, then coming back and telling everyone that I said mean things about the wings and my avatar says "red wings suck"... to which I will have to respond by saying "well yeah... i'm a preds fan, duh" and then explaining that the red wings do indeed suck and of course no one will understand it.

...can ya tell that i've been here a while??

I haven't read the three pages of posts, so I apologize for re-hashing anything that's been mentioned already, but here goes...

1. It would've been nice for the Preds PA to announce Modano's accomplishment.

2. It's not the job of the Predators organization to constantly keep track of records, especially those of opposing teams. Hell, I didn't know about this feat until Modano accomplished it after the fact.

3. The Dallas organization needs to quit whining.

4. Everybody needs to get along in a time where the NHL, while not on life support by any stretch of the imagination, needs as much positive pub and good business relationships as it can get. This won't really affect much in the grand scheme of things, but you get the idea...

no compliments please. it inevitably starts the countdown to someone from LGW going over to the preds boards and finding me there, then coming back and telling everyone that I said mean things about the wings and my avatar says "red wings suck"... to which I will have to respond by saying "well yeah... i'm a preds fan, duh" and then explaining that the red wings do indeed suck and of course no one will understand it.

...can ya tell that i've been here a while??

Cookie??? :P

...funny, noone in Nashville cares what the rest of the hockey world thinks either. That is why it will NEVER be a true NHL city, never. The only real fans down there are the tarnsplanted Northerners who go to watch the visiting teams...

...Knowledge is power, it's obvious Nashville fans have none...

...funny, after watching that video, how in the hell did Robitas get a charging call? In this day and agae of Bettman wanting to clean up the NHL, TuTu should have been given a game misconduct for intent to injure. That was blatant. Another thing I didn't like is TuTu should have never been ablr to finish the game healthy. He should have been taken out, legally or illegally. That is what's gonna clean up our game to get these suckers out of here!

I think you managed to rehash most trite complaints about the NHL from the last ten years and misspell two players' names. Right on, Mr. True Fan.

Edited by krudmonk v2.0

Guest Tunbo Batman

wow, talk about a story about nothing. you'd swear the journal of montreal published this :unsure: