• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

Who has been your biggest disappointment

Rate this topic

Lang. I wanted more goals from him. Seems to be floating more lately and a few giveaways have made me curse in the last few games.

But other than that, Kronner and Markov haven't been what I expected them to be, but injuries factor into their play.

But other than that, Kronner and Markov haven't been what I expected them to be, but injuries factor into their play.

Agreed. Obviously Lang will be a huge punching bag in this post although since the arrival of Calder the guy's been alright. Other than that I'm disappointed in Liv's play but not really the same level I suppose.

Lang, Maltby, Samuelson...............take your pick lol

I'm not disappointed in Samuelsson (or Williams for that matter) at all this season, because I knew they wouldn't amount to the hype they received after last season. Those two really scared me when I saw their contracts renewed, because I saw them as a flash-in-the-pan last year.

Why the disappointment in Maltby? I see him as producing pretty much as expected. He is having pretty much the identical season this year as last. Was the expectation that he would improve? If so, I think that would have been a very optimistic expectation.

I am not bashing Maltby, simply saying he is what he is. He is still valuable in certain ways to the team, but not sure why anyone would have any expectations of him doing more than he has done so far this year.

Why the disappointment in Maltby? I see him as producing pretty much as expected. He is having pretty much the identical season this year as last. Was the expectation that he would improve? If so, I think that would have been a very optimistic expectation.

I am not bashing Maltby, simply saying he is what he is. He is still valuable in certain ways to the team, but not sure why anyone would have any expectations of him doing more than he has done so far this year.

:thumbup:

I was sure Zata would break the 50 goal and 100 point marks this season, and while it's hard to call him a disappointment for singlehandedly earning about 14 points in the standings, getting his first hattrick, and being pretty much unstoppable, neither of those marks were gonna happen after the first 15-20 games.

It has been a huge relief to see him make up lost ground, though.

I'm very happy with Cheechoo's mediocre performance thus far (he threw away a game last night), but I'm sure San Jose-ans are disappointed.

Ovechkin. 0 Sportscenter appearances. No bone-crushing hits. I get more excited when I see semen hit the ice Semin step onto the ice.

I had to do it.

Edited by Earthhuman

I was sure Zata would break the 50 goal and 100 point marks this season, and while it's hard to call him a disappointment for singlehandedly earning about 14 points in the standings, getting his first hattrick, and being pretty much unstoppable, neither of those marks were gonna happen after the first 15-20 games.

It has been a huge relief to see him make up lost ground, though.

I'm very happy with Cheechoo's mediocre performance thus far (he threw away a game last night), but I'm sure San Jose-ans are disappointed.

Ovechkin. 0 Sportscenter appearances. No bone-crushing hits. I get more excited when I see semen hit the ice Semin step onto the ice.

I had to do it.

Getting 50 and 100 were pretty lofty expectations coming into the year though. 40 and 90 would have been more realistic. He was definately a disappointment early on, but he made up for that. Also consider that it is very likely that there will only be one 50 goal scorer this year.

You are right about Ovechkin though. He has still put up pretty good numbers (not as good as last year though), but there really hasn't been a lot of highlight reel plays from him this year.

For me it's Kronwall....and it isnt even close. If you watched him play during the summer in the World's he was amazing. This season it's almost as if he's regressed. As far as Lang, his ship has sailed. He's a washed up center who I only hope wont do too much damage to the team in his own end come April. The only people disappointed with Lang are those who wont let go of the Nashville series 3 years ago.

Totally disagree, Maltby in my mind has gone from a valuable player to the team, to a wasted roster spot for a young guy. Maltby used to be an aggitator and was very good at it, he would draw penalties left and right. But this year and last he has lost his edge, most likely due to getting older. He just doesnt play with passion like he used to and it shows, I watch him when he's out there and he just looks lost IMO.

I know I mispelled Samuelson in my last post because honestly I dont care enough to spell it correctly, he is worse than even Maltby taking soft shot after soft shot that has ZERO chance of going in.

I honestly dont know which guy I dislike most......and dont even get me started on Lang.

I also disagree with people ragging on Kronwall, was he horrible in the beginning of the season before he got cut with a skate and had to wear that cage? I have a feeling that cage is 99% of his problem.........yes I agree he has been bad the last few weeks, but once that cage comes off I bet he will snap back into form.

I'd have to agree with Maltby being my biggest disappointment. He is still an agitator and draws penalties but his stickhandling (which was bad before) is awful now, and he just seems to be getting too old.