• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

Who has been your biggest disappointment

Rate this topic

Hes pretty good actaully , 34 or 35 wins

that doesnt prove anything though, he is on basically the best defensive team in the league. Put him in goal for the Rangers or a team without a good defense and he would be just another "eh" goalie

Maltby is -10 and he would be -12 without that last empty net goal. He has the worst +/- on the team (not counting Calder's #s with Chicago).

Draper is also a penalty killer and he is +3. When I said Maltby's stickhandling sucks I didn't mean that he should be scoring, I mean that he shouldn't be fumbling the puck and turning it over, which is part of the reason he is -10.

He sucks. I used to like him, but there's no way that any NHL player should only have 5 goals in 72 games, regardless of your role on the team, unless it's being a goalie.

in that case we should dump half the defensemen because they dont have 5 goals....think about what you say...then say it!

Lebda - 4 goals

Markov - 3 goals

Kronwall - 1 goal

Chelios - 0

Lilja - 0

Granted, none of these guys have played 72 games, so maybe they are okay :P

Come to think of it, looking at those stats makes me think Schneider is a little more important to this team than I originally thought. If he is gone in the offseason, his production will need to be replaced by someone.

Everyone you listed is defense, I wouldn't expect them to have many goals. Shoot, Lidstrom, the best defenseman in the NHL has 13. I stand by what I said, Maltby sucks. Also, I agree about Schneider, he brings a few things (mental and physical toughness, experience) that we would sorely miss if he's gone.

Well I think Babs is pretty much the only person who pegged Calder for a resurgence after the break :blush:

And thanks for the backup Crym! You're officially my homeslice! :D

Here's to hoping that Bertuzzi won't be a disappointment either, but I think the name you were looking for is Holland and not Babcock.

Everyone you listed is defense, I wouldn't expect them to have many goals. Shoot, Lidstrom, the best defenseman in the NHL has 13. I stand by what I said, Maltby sucks. Also, I agree about Schneider, he brings a few things (mental and physical toughness, experience) that we would sorely miss if he's gone.

Your words..

no way that any NHL player should only have 5 goals in 72 games, regardless of your role on the team, unless it's being a goalie.

Didn't saying anything about defensemen.

Lang will have 20+ goals again this year that is about all anyone could expect from him.

Yes, that's not what I meant. I just hinted that Lang has quite a few ugly turnovers to his name too. :P And of course there's the ever present lazyass play. He has not been a $3.9 million player but playoff redemption is always possible.

For some non-Wings, how about Martin Gerber and Rob Blake:

Blake signed in the offseason for 2-years, with a no trade clause, and $12 million dollars

Here are Blake's stats for this year:

GP G A PTS +/- PIM

66 12 20 32 -24 74

Yes, you read that right, he is a minus 24!

The Senators signed Gerber for 3-years and $11.1 million dollars

Gerber's has gone 12-9 with a 2.88 GAA and has lost the starting job in Ottawa. Not only that, but he is completely untradable because of his contract. Thank god we lost that sweepstakes.

Your words..

no way that any NHL player should only have 5 goals in 72 games, regardless of your role on the team, unless it's being a goalie.

Didn't saying anything about defensemen.

Yeah, I should have said, unless you are on defense. Anyway, I can see why people are disappointed in Kronwall, because even though he is defense he has played a lot of games and only has 1 goal. However, he does have a lot of assists.

People only seem to remember who scores goals, and there were people saying Dats sucked while he was leading the team in assists (and most likely overall points as well).

Maltby simply sucks at goals, assists and defense. IMO the only thing he can do is draw penalties. At least Kronwall can play a little defense, hit people and get some assists. Look at the stats people!

It's hard to hear... like if Rab said Z was lazy! :blink:

It's hard to hear... like if Rab said Z was lazy! :blink:

Hahaha- doubleposted for truth! :hehe:

HEY! I NEVER SAW THIS! HofH...I'm sorry you had to post what you did. Marcus! Would I ever say Z was lazy? I mean, I'd be real about it and honest...but it would KILL me. (I'm sure I'm so delayed with this post.)

That's pretty much equal to Gandhi beating up his kids. :ph34r:

:lol: Good analogy!!! :lol: