• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JPriceless101

JOHN TAVARES

Rate this topic

Ken Holland and the Wings should keep this kid on their radar.

Below is an article from ESPN.com - John Tavares

----

A Wayne Gretzky record has fallen. No, not his NHL-record 894 goals or 2,856 career points. The Great One's mark of most goals in a season in the Ontario Hockey League by a 16-year-old is now finished.

Oshawa Generals player John Tavares broke Gretzky's record with two goals Friday night against the Ottawa 67's to give him 71 on the season, breaking Gretzky's record of 70.

''It was pretty excited when I saw the puck go in. It was nice to finally get it,'' Tavares told the Canadian Press.

''It takes a bit of pressure off myself. I've been holding my stick a little tight the last couple games. Now I'm going to enjoy this with my teammates and my family.''

Tavares could increase his total since the Generals still have two games left in their season.

----

Below is an article from ESPN.com - John Tavares

----

A Wayne Gretzky record has fallen. No, not his NHL-record 894 goals or 2,856 career points. The Great One's mark of most goals in a season in the Ontario Hockey League by a 16-year-old is now finished.

Oshawa Generals player John Tavares broke Gretzky's record with two goals Friday night against the Ottawa 67's to give him 71 on the season, breaking Gretzky's record of 70.

''It was pretty excited when I saw the puck go in. It was nice to finally get it,'' Tavares told the Canadian Press.

''It takes a bit of pressure off myself. I've been holding my stick a little tight the last couple games. Now I'm going to enjoy this with my teammates and my family.''

Tavares could increase his total since the Generals still have two games left in their season.

----

Ahaha...keep him on their radar? He's on everybody's radar. Tavares crashed through the radar. I wouldn't be suprised to see multiple teams attempt to tank the '08-'09 season just to have a chance at him.

no they shouldn't. he needs to focus on players we have a shot at drafting.

edit: spelling

Edited by HomeNugget

I'm pretty sure when he was allowed to play in the OHL a year early, everyone noticed.

EDIT: forgot to mention, i went to an oshawa generals game i think it was 2 years ago now. i think it was his 2nd year in the O and he looked big compared to most guys out there, and he was working the puck very well on PP. With that being said, he's obviously not as good as Crosby was and he will never be as good as Crosby is (I guess its up to debate, seeing as JT has never played a game in the NHL) but he isnt as dominant. and as for the Dailge comment, i highly doubt this kid will fail in the NHL.

(I make the Crosby comparison because he is the next up-and-coming star since Sid in Canada.)

Edited by #1redwingfan

alexander Daigle broke mario's junior records how'd that work out of the senators when the drafted him?

Is this the comparable now? Every future 1st overall draft pick is going to turn out like Daigle? Come on, be serious here.

I don't know about Tavares' attitude towards playing, but Daigle didn't even like the sport of hockey. It's true. He confirmed it in an interview after his first retirement in 2000. That's what surprised me so much when he said he's actually making a comeback.

Edited by Kp-Wings