• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Kopecky signs 2-year, $900K extension

Rate this topic

Babs: "That's a playoff guy for me."

Makes for an interesting competition, although it's hard to believe he'll get to play after missing the majority of the season, whereas Huds and Flip have impressed.

Good to see him retained nonetheless, he's a big body and is willing to use it.

I honestly can't imagine where Kopecky would fit in the plans for this years playoffs. Unless Babcock is gonna rotate him, Hudler, and Filppula for each game, I do not see how Kopecky can get in the lineup.

And for that matter will he be able to play at the top of his game? He's been gone for 4 months now with an injury that has the potential to end someones career. It really makes me wonder how he'll be able to play come playoff time.

Beside all that, it is good Kopecky was re-signed. If he can get his game back, he is good to use as a third or fourth liner, as he has decent physical abilitie.

I honestly can't imagine where Kopecky would fit in the plans for this years playoffs. Unless Babcock is gonna rotate him, Hudler, and Filppula for each game, I do not see how Kopecky can get in the lineup.

I think needless rotation would only hurt our chances. :thumbdown:

Edited by FinWing

Funny story: I was dozing off in my history class about an hour ago and I don't know if it was a dream or what but I saw a flash of something saying we'd signed someone for two years. I just figured it was Pavs.

Good for Kopay. I hope he earns it. :thumbup:

I think needless rotation would only hurt our chances. :thumbdown:

That's probably the only way he'd get in the lineup though. Think about it. Do you really think Babcock will bench a more expierenced player (Maltby for example, since everyone likes to use his name) for a fairly inexpierenced player in Kopecky? Most likely no.

That's probably the only way he'd get in the lineup though. Think about it. Do you really think Babcock will bench a more expierenced player (Maltby for example, since everyone likes to use his name) for a fairly inexpierenced player in Kopecky? Most likely no.

I don't, I seriously doubt his chances over anyone since the other kids have done well and experienced guys probably won't be dropped. I'm just saying it's interesting that Babs calls him a playoff guy but that probably doesn't mean jack.

Good to hear. He brings a lot of grit to the team. I don't see him playing at all though..come post season.

Ditto.

Agreed, with Calder and Bert added to the lineup, and Hudler playing great, and Filppula's solid play all season, there isn't any room for Kopecky this season........unless Babs wants to bench Sammy! :D

Even still, one more player would have to be benched for Kopecky to get back in the lineup.

Agreed, with Calder and Bert added to the lineup, and Hudler playing great, and Filppula's solid play all season, there isn't any room for Kopecky this season........unless Babs wants to bench Sammy! :D

Even still, one more player would have to be benched for Kopecky to get back in the lineup.

I guess it would have to depend on Sammys play this postseason , If hes gritty and chips in with soemthing he should stay in the line-up , but if he doesnt do much in the way of hitting or scoring , I could see him benched

Funny story: I was dozing off in my history class about an hour ago and I don't know if it was a dream or what but I saw a flash of something saying we'd signed someone for two years. I just figured it was Pavs.

Oooh you had a premonition! :thumbup:

I guess it would have to depend on Sammys play this postseason , If hes gritty and chips in with soemthing he should stay in the line-up , but if he doesnt do much in the way of hitting or scoring , I could see him benched

Unfortunately, its not always as simple as that.

There are a lot of other factors that contribute to whether a player gets benched than the two things you listed.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

This has interesting implications for next season. If they re-sign Calder (and I hope they do) and Dats, roster spots for next years team will be getting thin. Quick look at projected line-up with the two mentioned re-signings:

Dats-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Calder-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Franzen

Samuelsson-Kopecky-? (Grigs, Maltby, Free Agent)

Now we can debate the composition of those lines (particularly who would center the fourth), but I have to believe all those spots would be taken, leaving at most one available on the team. This is without considering re-signing Bert, Lang, or Maltby. Frankly if I had a choice, that roster makeup would be ideal; it contains at least three gritty player (Calder, Frazen, and Kopecky), a ton of youth, and some experience.

All in all things look good for the Winged Wheel.

This has interesting implications for next season. If they re-sign Calder (and I hope they do) and Dats, roster spots for next years team will be getting thin. Quick look at projected line-up with the two mentioned re-signings:

Dats-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Calder-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Franzen

Samuelsson-Kopecky-? (Grigs, Maltby, Free Agent)

Now we can debate the composition of those lines (particularly who would center the fourth), but I have to believe all those spots would be taken, leaving at most one available on the team. This is without considering re-signing Bert, Lang, or Maltby. Frankly if I had a choice, that roster makeup would be ideal; it contains at least three gritty player (Calder, Frazen, and Kopecky), a ton of youth, and some experience.

All in all things look good for the Winged Wheel.

They will more then liekly re-sign Bertuzzi

good for you.