• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Kopecky signs 2-year, $900K extension

Rate this topic

Kopecky was a disappointment imo, not sure what he did to warrant this. Didnt play all that physical, and had 1 point.

There was no reason to just let him walk.

he sold me when he was running Phenauff and pretty much leveled him, my roomate an Av's fan was even amazed because this was while we were playing like *****'s and Kopecky was hitting anything that moved, like a fair Tootoo that night

Kopecky was a disappointment imo, not sure what he did to warrant this. Didnt play all that physical, and had 1 point.

You didnt find him physical ? Thats all I noticed about him , obviosly he wasent Phanuef or Chara physical , but he still threw some hits.

You didnt find him physical ? Thats all I noticed about him , obviosly he wasent Phanuef or Chara physical , but he still threw some hits.

You must understand Lou's perception of physical is more like Todd Fedoruk style playing.

Am I right or am I right? :D

Great news. I hope he does make it back with Z for the playoffs. Always good to have options in case Sammy or Cleary reinjure themselves.

Are MCL injuries prone to re-aggrivation like ankle problems can be? It's amazing how crappy the knee is in terms of human joints... it's literally the worst, with the shoulder following as a close second.

You must understand Lou's perception of physical is more like Todd Fedoruk style playing.

I always assumed Lou played with lots of trains as a kid. And smashed the locomotives together screaming "BANG SMASH BOOM BRING THA PAIN" :lol:

:clap: :clap:

My future favorite player on the team if he brings that scoring touch and physical aspect to his game to the NHL level. It was really nice to see him play in GR last year and he really made me think we actually had a legit physical presence in our system that also had a great shot.

The Wings have re-signed forward Tomas Kopecky to a 2-year deal worth $900,000.

Kopecky will make $475,000 next season and $525,000 in 2008-2009.

Should say 1million I guess.

Edited by Heaton

I always assumed Lou played with lots of trains as a kid. And smashed the locomotives together screaming "BANG SMASH BOOM BRING THA PAIN" :lol:

You're on the right track :lol: . No trains, but one of my favorite hobbies as a kid was violently smashing my toy cars together. Any cars that kept flipping over i wouldnt play with it anymore....i only played with the cars that had toughness.

You're on the right track :lol: . No trains, but one of my favorite hobbies as a kid was violently smashing my toy cars together. Any cars that kept flipping over i wouldnt play with it anymore....i only played with the cars that had toughness.

Hahahahaha. :lol:

Not entirely! Ok granted, Kopecky may have looked physical comparing him to the rest of the Wings. But I compare him to the rest of the league. I guess i just expected more is all, so he was a letdown.

Not entirely! Ok granted, Kopecky may have looked physical comparing him to the rest of the Wings. But I compare him to the rest of the league. I guess i just expected more is all, so he was a letdown.

There were a couple nights Kopecky was the team's best player. And that combined with the fact that I was pretty much alone on this board in wanting to keep the guy over Nate Robinson a couple years back, I think I might be the only person on here who even had enough expectations of him to BE disappointed with Tomas.

There were a couple nights Kopecky was the team's best player. And that combined with the fact that I was pretty much alone on this board in wanting to keep the guy over Nate Robinson a couple years back, I think I might be the only person on here who even had enough expectations of him to BE disappointed with Tomas.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Nate Robinson, what ever happend to him?

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Nate Robinson, what ever happend to him?

He played in only a handful of games for us a couple seasons ago but never materialized in our system. He was later picked up by Boston and nothing worked out there really...Last I read he was playing over in Germany somewhere. Doesn't look like he is going to be coming back to bite us in the ass...

There was no reason to just let him walk.

You're right,he deserves another chance after this seasons bad luck.

But remember people,this deal doesn't give him an automatic roster spot.

There's always good old waiver draft.

He still has to prove himself,we've got more youngsters coming up (ok,maybe not next season but after that) and possible UFA's Kenny will sign etc.

And that combined with the fact that I was pretty much alone on this board in wanting to keep the guy over Nate Robinson a couple years back, I think I might be the only person on here who even had enough expectations of him to BE disappointed with Tomas.

:clap::clap::clap: I just about fell outta the chair when you brough up Robinson. Remember his one spin move that he thought fooled everybody? :lol: