• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Kopecky signs 2-year, $900K extension

Rate this topic

You're right,he deserves another chance after this seasons bad luck.

But remember people,this deal doesn't give him an automatic roster spot.

There's always good old waiver draft.

He still has to prove himself,we've got more youngsters coming up (ok,maybe not next season but after that) and possible UFA's Kenny will sign etc.

There's no waiver draft anymore.

There were a couple nights Kopecky was the team's best player. And that combined with the fact that I was pretty much alone on this board in wanting to keep the guy over Nate Robinson a couple years back, I think I might be the only person on here who even had enough expectations of him to BE disappointed with Tomas.

My expectation of him just came from stuff i read on the board. I was expecting more of an in your face aggressive player who hit often, and yes occasionally, would throw down. Just wasnt the type of player i thought he was i guess...i blame the board ;)

i can relate. i always fall asleep during history

how can you fall asleep during history??? It is fascinating! I am a history major and there is no way that I could ever fall asleep during a history class! Shame on you all!

My expectation of him just came from stuff i read on the board. I was expecting more of an in your face aggressive player who hit often, and yes occasionally, would throw down. Just wasnt the type of player i thought he was i guess...i blame the board ;)

I think he's been right on track for where I figured him in...

Peak potential: Gritty support scoring, versatile, solid all-around player with no remarkable strengths or weaknesses. Comparable player projection: Gerard Gallant or Trevor Linden.

Kopecky will likely never be the core player of an NHL team, but he has all the tools to succeed in any role, which makes him a valuable piece to have.

Who really gave him the perception of being a Todd Fedoruk (which is really what your description was)? I never seen anyone come on here and say Kopecky would drop the gloves at a heads turn. He is physical, maybe not overly so, but I still like his style of play.

But if someone did make him out to be Todd Fedoruk, then by all means blame the board. :P

I like the deal with Kopecky because when he was playing I love his energy. He reminded me of a younger Maltby when he would go around and cause a raucousm, I'm not saying he still doesn't do it, but that Kopecky looks like a younger a version of him. He really impressed me with the energy he brought to each game.

how can you fall asleep during history??? It is fascinating! I am a history major and there is no way that I could ever fall asleep during a history class! Shame on you all!

history is the s***. Amen brother :clap::clap:

Who really gave him the perception of being a Todd Fedoruk (which is really what your description was)? I never seen anyone come on here and say Kopecky would drop the gloves at a heads turn. He is physical, maybe not overly so, but I still like his style of play.

But if someone did make him out to be Todd Fedoruk, then by all means blame the board. :P

Not at all! I never thought that. I was thinking more along the lines of a Jarko Ruutu-ish player. I saw none of that...no bite to him at all.

I think he's been right on track for where I figured him in...

Peak potential: Gritty support scoring, versatile, solid all-around player with no remarkable strengths or weaknesses. Comparable player projection: Gerard Gallant or Trevor Linden.

Kopecky will likely never be the core player of an NHL team, but he has all the tools to succeed in any role, which makes him a valuable piece to have.

Right on track? Youve been hyping him up and he gets 1 pt in 28 games? If you say thats what you expected...i dont buy it.

Edited by Lou_Siffer