• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyuk_13_fan

The Avs commentator

Rate this topic

I don't live in Detroit so I am forced to watch the Avs broadcast sometimes, I can't stand the guy who does it..definetely the most annoying. I just saw this goalie fight video between Roy and Osgood and it made me laugh for 10 minutes straight!

Uppercut!!

the way that he screams on the tieing goal, it seems like they got won the stanly cup in overtime. :lol:

but who i can't stand is the buffalo broadcaster. he says score and holds it untill he is completly out of breath.

Edited by wingsfan979802

the way that he screams on the tieing goal, it seems like they got won the stanly cup in overtime. :lol:

but who i can't stand is the buffalo broadcaster. he says score and holds it untill he is completly out of breath.

yes. being in Buffalo I have to listen to him all the time. Everyone here loves him but I can't stand him

This avs guy on the roy fight went out of control though :D

Guest Crymson

I don't live in Detroit so I am forced to watch the Avs broadcast sometimes, I can't stand the guy who does it..definetely the most annoying. I just saw this goalie fight video between Roy and Osgood and it made me laugh for 10 minutes straight!

Uppercut!!

That's Mike Haynes, AKA HaynesBot. I daresay he might match the Nashville announcers for homerism. Also, while he lacks the blatant unfamiliarity with non-home-team hockey that the Pred announcers have, he makes up for it with utter and pure obnoxiousness.

Oh, I like that guy. He's got some great line, IMO--good announcer.

"There's room on the believers` bandwagon, and it's leaving this Sunday for Carolina!"

They were just making fun of his call on the goal yesterday on the Center Ice Edmonton feed.

And to think they lost one of the worst, John Kelly, to St. Louis. It didn't even make a dent, they still have the worst crew in the league. I don't understand why a team would even want that kind of homerism. It's one thing to talk up the home team and get the fans involved. That kind of homerism is fine, and appropriate. But to just be myopic monkeys like the guys Altitude hires for the Avalanche games can't even appeal to the fans. If I rooted for that team, I'd feel like my intelligence was being insulted by the organization.

Oh, and I like Rick Jeanerette. I think he's a classic.

Rick Jeanerette a.k.a Rodney Dangerfield is my all time favorite!

They were just making fun of his call on the goal yesterday on the Center Ice Edmonton feed.

And to think they lost one of the worst, John Kelly, to St. Louis. It didn't even make a dent, they still have the worst crew in the league. I don't understand why a team would even want that kind of homerism. It's one thing to talk up the home team and get the fans involved. That kind of homerism is fine, and appropriate. But to just be myopic monkeys like the guys Altitude hires for the Avalanche games can't even appeal to the fans. If I rooted for that team, I'd feel like my intelligence was being insulted by the organization.

Oh, and I like Rick Jeanerette. I think he's a classic.

You are an awesome poster. I haven't heard someone say myopic in so long. :clap:

This is my gift:

This is my gift:

Man, that initial fight is amazing, you don't see anything like these anymore. But the stuff that's wowed me the most have been Kocur's KO bouts--I can't ever get over watching him drop guys with one punch.

It's incredible always. Unlike HaynesBot doing his thing in a

showdown:

"And another right by Sakic! Another right by Sakic! Another right by Sakic! [all while Sakic is standing against the boards, fist cocked but not moving at all] He just beat up Doug Gilmour! How d'ya like them apples Gilmour!?!

I swear to god, this crap cracks me up, it's just... omg omg. Dane Cook, eat your heart out.

Man, that initial fight is amazing, you don't see anything like these anymore. But the stuff that's wowed me the most have been Kocur's KO bouts--I can't ever get over watching him drop guys with one punch.

It's incredible always. Unlike HaynesBot doing his thing in a

showdown:

"And another right by Sakic! Another right by Sakic! Another right by Sakic! [all while Sakic is standing against the boards, fist cocked but not moving at all] He just beat up Doug Gilmour! How d'ya like them apples Gilmour!?!

I swear to god, this crap cracks me up, it's just... omg omg. Dane Cook, eat your heart out.

Great video! Man that guy is kinda passionate about the Aves, eh?

Great video! Man that guy is kinda passionate about the Aves, eh?

When you're programmed to be, you can't help it! Marcus, meet the glorious model MH-7356.V1.a, the future of radio broadcasting.

Would you not like one of him in every town? Crymson sure would. Any NHL fan up to snuff knows a HaynesBot is like a Stepford wife, only better in every single way.

The Avs TV broadcasters have been terrible for years but it also extends throughout the Denver media. John Kelley was definitely the worst and I was glad when he left during the lockout year. The current play by play guy was calling the game on the radio while Kelley was in Denver, then when Kelly left the radio guy moved up to work with Peter Mcnab (spelling) who has been their color guy for years. Now the new guys is almost as bad as the old one. I have a theory that Mcnab brings them down. The real entertaining times are when Mcnab and his partner of the day start to give verbal hand jobs to Sakic, Forsburg or some other random Avs player during a game rather than actually calling the game. If there were a ratio computed for broadcasting teams for time actually spent calling the game vs. time spent blabbering on about meaningless and useless homerisms the denver team would surely have the lowest.

You should queue up the highlights of yesterday's Avs game and listen to him when Hejduk nets the OT winner... ay ay ay, he damn near wets himself.

Having moved to CO from MI at the same time the Divealanche moved from Quebec, I have been fortunate enough to have Mike Haynes in my life the last 11 years. Last nite was too funny. My whole family came into the room when the Hejduk scored that goal. Haynes had just announced the Cup clinching goal. Red Wing fans should consider themselves lucky to have or have had the likes of Bruce Martyn, Paul Woods, Ken Kal, Mickey Redmond, Dave Strader, and Ken Daniels over the years. It is truly bush league out here. Haynes has over the years openly expressed his hatred of the Red Wings, even calling the likes of Darren McCarty an evil person and meaning it.

What's absolutely mind blowing is that both Kelly and McNab (but not together) were in the booth for VS network (when it was OLN) last season, doing nationally broadcast games. I think each one even did some of the NBC games. They must have been really hard up for on-air talent to have to settle for either one of those bozos, let alone have to employ both of them at various times. I haven't seen either of them this year.

I thin k McNab's first national game was actually an Avs gane and he carried about as badly as when he's covering the local broadcast on Altitude. I haven't seen him do a national game for the Avs since...I bet he got himself a talking to from the network guys after the first game.

What's absolutely mind blowing is that both Kelly and McNab (but not together) were in the booth for VS network (when it was OLN) last season, doing nationally broadcast games. I think each one even did some of the NBC games. They must have been really hard up for on-air talent to have to settle for either one of those bozos, let alone have to employ both of them at various times. I haven't seen either of them this year.