• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Flip-check

Okay, so this is like... whatever..?

Rate this topic

Yeah, sorry, this ain't Hank, peeps. It's Lundqvist.

"Henrik Lundqvist was so good last year in his rookie season that he earned the moniker 'King Henrik of Sweden' in the New York newspapers. King Henrik discovered instant stardom and it wasn't uncommon to hear his name chanted at Madison Square Garden as he played a major role in getting the Rangers back to the Stanley Cup Playoffs."

--Evan Grossman

Why in the world would NY papers dub him "King of Sweden"? If anyone has a clue-by-four, lay it on me.

I even wikipedia'd "kings of sweden" to make sure that there wasn't some recent monarch named Henrik for the nickname writer's connection... but there isn't even that, so I'm baffled how they came up with that one. I think it's time for the D-town Swedish crew to go in and show 'em how "heavy lies the crown." =p

What You Didn't Know: Carl XVI Gustaf is the current reigning monarch of Sweden.

What Would Be Better?: Homer I the Red!

You can already imagine him getting through the throne ascension speech... ;)

Yeah, sorry, this ain't Hank, peeps. It's Lundqvist.

"Henrik Lundqvist was so good last year in his rookie season that he earned the moniker 'King Henrik of Sweden' in the New York newspapers. King Henrik discovered instant stardom and it wasn't uncommon to hear his name chanted at Madison Square Garden as he played a major role in getting the Rangers back to the Stanley Cup Playoffs."

--Evan Grossman

Why in the world would NY papers dub him "King of Sweden"? If anyone has a clue-by-four, lay it on me.

I even wikipedia'd "kings of sweden" to make sure that there wasn't some recent monarch named Henrik for the nickname writer's connection... but there isn't even that, so I'm baffled how they came up with that one. I think it's time for the D-town Swedish crew to go in and show 'em how "heavy lies the crown." =p

What You Didn't Know: Carl XVI Gustaf is the current reigning monarch of Sweden.

What Would Be Better?: Homer I the Red!

You can already imagine him getting through the throne ascension speech... ;)

Meh I think it's just a media thing. He was pretty good so why not. And considering his play in the last couple of months they might pick it up again. Esp if he shows up strong in the play-offs.

The uncrowned king of Swedish hockey right now is Lidström, hands down. Sorry to all Z supporters but Lidas is just amazing. If he doesn't win the Norris this year it'll be a travesty.

Both, basically. I mean, it's cool and all, but I don't get it.

I guess I expect a stronger reason than "he's dern good" for the king connection. =p I like nicknames to really have some kind of meaning, you know? The evolution of "Rex" sounds better to me, just for the story behind it alone.

The only king of Sweden with the first name Henrik has the last name ZETTERBERG!!! :thumbup:

Will you be bidding against me for Z's red Eastons if they have a Wings equipment sale, Rabia? I gotta warn you: I like Z, I like red Easton gloves, and I am a tenacious paddle waver in auctions. Tenacious, I say!

Lundqvist has been pretty bad for the most part this year. He has picked it up a little lately, but for the majority of the season he has been bad. It might just be the famous "sophmore slump", so we'll wait and see what the future holds for him.

Will you be bidding against me for Z's red Eastons if they have a Wings equipment sale, Rabia? I gotta warn you: I like Z, I like red Easton gloves, and I am a tenacious paddle waver in auctions. Tenacious, I say!

BRING IT! :boxing:

Well Rab is cuter AND a doctor. :cool: