• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dats

Datsyuk proving he can score without Zetterberg

Rate this topic

I couldn't agree more. It seems like Russian players are only motivated by "money", they really don't play with any real intensity, unless there is $$$'s involved. That being said, I believe Rats will have a good playoffs. Why? Because he is an UFA come summer, this is purely the $$$ motivator. I seriously doubt the Redwings will resign him, he will want to much, and off he goes (ala Sergei Fedorov).

Color RATS gone, come summer. ;)

Racism! IPB Image

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Everybody on both extremes, cool it, it's getting really old, really fast. We all know he's a talented player who's got it going currently, we all know he needs to bring that current momentum into the postseason. So quit wasting keystrokes griping back at each other please.

Amen to that brother. Regardless of how you feel about Dats, there's one thing that we all should share: The hope that he has a great Playoffs and that THE TEAM does well. If you think Dats is God then good for you, just like if you think he sucks, then that's up to you. Neither party will change the others minds, and the only way that the argument will get resolved is if Datsyuk scores in this years Playoffs. There's not much that anyone can do that will alter the situation until the Playoffs start, so lets just keep hoping that Datsyuk (and everyone else) does whatever is needed for the team to win.

I couldn't agree more. It seems like Russian players are only motivated by "money", they really don't play with any real intensity, unless there is $$$'s involved. That being said, I believe Rats will have a good playoffs. Why? Because he is an UFA come summer, this is purely the $$$ motivator. I seriously doubt the Redwings will resign him, he will want to much, and off he goes (ala Sergei Fedorov).

Color RATS gone, come summer. ;)

Yeah, because all Russians are greedy bastards right? :rolleyes:

Why do people make retarded posts?

Guest LivingtheDream

Yeah, because all Russians are greedy bastards right? :rolleyes:

Why do people make retarded posts?

Perhaps because they are retarded?

For the life of me I can't understand why people don't put Datsyuk's playoff performances in context (clutch and grab, horrible playoff coaching, line mates who lay back...), because the way Dats has stepped up this year shows what kind of a playoff player he can and I think will be. Quite honestly I am much more worried about his supporting cast of late - they have done nothing while he continues to score and play his a$$ off all over the place.

This topic is absurd. I'm one of Datsyuk's biggest critics, and not ever have I suggested Datsyuk couldn't produce in the regular season. I have objected to the suggestion that Zetterberg need Datsyuk more than the other way around though, but that is a totally different thing. The question is the same as always, can Datsyuk produce in the playoffs?!

russian isn't a race.

Makes no difference, people love to accuse others of being racist. Makes them feel morally superior or something.

I'm really hoping that Datsyuk can break out of his "playoff slump" this year. He SHOULD end up 90 points or more this year which bodes well for him in contract negotiations ( possibly not so well for the Wings ), the one thing that cracks me up looking at Red Wings stats is that unless Zetterberg comes back before the playoffs, Homer has a realistic shot at leading the team in goals this year! :crazy:

russian isn't a race.

A.) Whatever. B.) Wrong.

Makes no difference, people love to accuse others of being racist. Makes them feel morally superior or something.

What exactly is it that you call this, then, Barnsey?

"It seems like Russian players are only motivated by 'money', they really don't play with any real intensity, unless there is $$$'s involved."

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

A.) Whatever. B.) Wrong.

What exactly is it that you call this, then, Barnsey?

"It seems like Russian players are only motivated by 'money', they really don't play with any real intensity, unless there is $$$'s involved."

An opinion? A prejudiced one perhaps, but sorry I don't see racism.

It's prejudiced, but not racism? :rolleyes:

I think there's a huge difference. I don't think you can label just about any opinion as being racist simply because it is prejudice. Racism is more complex than so. For the record, I didn't say it WAS prejudiced, I said PERHAPS it was. I'm not sure what the comment is based on. Could be that the poster has a ground for his comment.

I think there's a huge difference. I don't think you can label just about any opinion as being racist simply because it is prejudice. Racism is more complex than so. For the record, I didn't say it WAS prejudiced, I said PERHAPS it was. I'm not sure what the comment is based on. Could be that the poster has a ground for his comment.

If your racist or predjudice, then I guess you'd think he'd have some ground for that comment.

I think there's a huge difference. I don't think you can label just about any opinion as being racist simply because it is prejudice.

I need not explain it, but the very idea of racism is based on prejudice towards (get this!) a specific race.

It doesn't need to be, "I hate Russians." Simply taking a characteristic like greed, as northstar has done, and attaching it to a certain race of people is more than enough to qualify.

Racism is more complex than so.

Explain.

Datsyuk scored in a hardcore playoff-like game last night, with below average linemates nonetheless and on Mikka Kiprusoff.

If you ask me, hes a more mature player than he ever was and his role as a leader has grown a lot. He still had 3pts in 5 games last year coming in cold right off an injury.

I think Pavs lights it up this playoff season.

As long as Datsyuk stays on a line with Zetterberg and Holmstrom, I honestly don' t think it will matter much whether he scores or not. That line was arguably one of (if not the most) productive lines this year, and opponents in the playoffs will defenetly have their best defensemen keeping an eye on them. That leaves a better chance for 2nd and 3rd line scoring, especially now with net-crash-happy Calder and Bertuzzi on the team.

But even so, as long as Homer stays on the line and is causing distress in front of the net, it will give Datsyuk more room to play around (and hopefully score). Holmstrom has an uncanny ability to attract defensemen.

I need not explain it, but the very idea of racism is based on prejudice towards (get this!) a specific race.

It doesn't need to be, "I hate Russians." Simply taking a characteristic like greed, as northstar has done, and attaching it to a certain race of people is more than enough to qualify.

Explain.

Don't worry, I got it the first time. I still think there's a huge difference. Maybe it's because I'm not American, but to me racism is more thought out than a single comment like this. It's more of an ideology, similar to the Nazi's.

We are way off topic now guys, forget all the sterotypes, Plain and simple the Datsyuk fans such as myself are always going to stick up for Pavel, and I'm sure thier will always be the jealous people who have to come in and rain on our prade of talking about how well Datsyuk has been doing.

Don't even bother giving the guys making all the negative comments the satisfaction of replying to his stupid post. He obviously has a personal problem with not only Datsyuk but Russian players in general, Who knows why he is so bitter? Maybe a Russian guy stole his girlfriend from him or something I don't really care.

Lets get back to the topic in general though guys please, Back to talking about how well Datsyuk has been playing under adversity. The whole point of this post is to discuss how Datsyuk has continued to elevate and play his game even with the absense of Zetterberg. Pavel has been bringing his game every night but the past two games noone else has been able to step up as well. Loved the goal last night, keep up the good work Pasha,

once again, no need to argue Pavel's play speaks for itsself.

As far as I'm concerned, everything Datsyuk does up unitl April is irrelevant

How could you even say that? Almost everything Datsyuk has done up until April is the reason why we are so high in the points race.

im gonna agree with this i think this is his year

I'll second that notion because Datysuk has ben producing a lot even with out Zetterberg. The fact he doesn't need another player of his caliber to produce is something to make you believe he will turn it up in the playoffs.