Never_Retire_Steve

What city deserves an NHL team

Rate this topic

NO SOUTHERN CITIES!!!!

My preference falls with:

Winnipeg

Milwaukee

Seattle

As I stated before, Winnipeg lost its team for a reason, and as much as I would kill for a team in Milwaukee, they couldn't support a team. It kills me to say, but a pro team in Milwaukee wouldn't last.

But the thought of driving just under 2 hours to see my beloved Wings sure sounds appealing. :D

i think that we have plenty teams right now. I would much rathers see some teams go away for ever.

if i had to pick a city i think that it would be in Canada. Maybe London (probably not big enough)

Seattle -- all the way.

Seattle and Washington have a great hockey history and should have had a team already. I live near Vancouver and get the local American TV affiliates out of Seattle and Bellingham. They mention the Canucks in their sports broadacasts and even their local junior games.

If no financial considerations need apply, then there must be an NHL team in Novosibirsk, Russia. My hometown has the best fans in Russia. The 7,400 seat old "Sibir" arena is sold out every night to 110% of capacity. The local RSL team made the second round of playofffs this year, for the first time in its 60 year history. Not in the small degree because of the "7th skater" making the home arena a really tough place to play for the opposition.

Considered the unofficial capital of Siberia, Novosibirsk is home for over 1.5 mil.people, and if the weather should be a criteria for placing an NHL team, I can guarantee you that Novosibirsk is colder than any NHLcity,with the possible competition from Edmonton. :P

Go "Sibir Bears" Go!!!

Why? There are plenty of Hockey Fans in the South.

My vote would be Austin, TX, as well, Or maybe New Orleans.

Why? Because look at Nashville, Florida, TB, Atlanta.... Nashville especially because they are one of the best teams in the league and can't even sell out unless the wings come to town. These teams are struggling to get fans in the seats. Put a team in a city where people will be climbing over eachother to get tickets to the game.

I don't know how to determine if a partiular city deserves an NHL franchise, but Green Bay & Anchorage sound good in the US.

Really though, there probably should be more Canadian teams.

Why? Because look at Nashville, Florida, TB, Atlanta.... Nashville especially because they are one of the best teams in the league and can't even sell out unless the wings come to town. These teams are struggling to get fans in the seats. Put a team in a city where people will be climbing over eachother to get tickets to the game.

You mean the same Tampa Bay that has the third highest average attendance in the league and a 100.4% sell out rate?

Please tell me you are kidding.

There's a reason these three lost their teams.

"I'm not talking about expansion here.......... but if you could put an NHL team in any city without having to worry about any financial reasons or whatever where would you put a team?"

Just answering the question as worded.

You mean the same Tampa Bay that has the third highest average attendance in the league and a 100.4% sell out rate?

OK, Nashville, Florida, and Atlanta then... hmm they are all in the south arent they?