• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shadow47

Playoff Predictions

Rate this topic

Just as the title would suggest...what will the final four teams left standing be and who will take the ultimate prize?

After mulling it over a bit here is my prediction:

Eastern: Pittsburgh over Atlanta

Western: San Jose over Anaheim

Cup: Pittsburgh over San Jose

It just seems like no one can touch San and An in pure skill and overall depth...all these teams have ? goaltending but I don't think it's going to matter. I'd like to think Detroit can win it, but realistically at this point this is what I see happening. No one can match the Sharks scoring, and their goaltenders/defense have put up 5 shutouts in 7 games or something ridiculous. The Ducks are the best team in the conference overall IMO. Nashville doesn't have the CLUTCH goaltending and Vancouver doesn't have anything else. In the East, you have to think that a SouthEast team three years running would make sense, right? The Thrashers are a mercurial bunch but I believe they will elevate their games enough to come out of the scrum to the final 4. The Penguins maybe haven't deserved to win lately but they have been. This is a team that has been finding ways and that is the kind of team that excels in the playoffs. If Thibault starts this team will go the distance.

Just as the title would suggest...what will the final four teams left standing be and who will take the ultimate prize?

After mulling it over a bit here is my prediction:

Eastern: Pittsburgh over Atlanta

Western: San Jose over Anaheim

Cup: Pittsburgh over San Jose

It just seems like no one can touch San and An in pure skill and overall depth...all these teams have ? goaltending but I don't think it's going to matter. I'd like to think Detroit can win it, but realistically at this point this is what I see happening. No one can match the Sharks scoring, and their goaltenders/defense have put up 5 shutouts in 7 games or something ridiculous. The Ducks are the best team in the conference overall IMO. Nashville doesn't have the CLUTCH goaltending and Vancouver doesn't have anything else. In the East, you have to think that a SouthEast team three years running would make sense, right? The Thrashers are a mercurial bunch but I believe they will elevate their games enough to come out of the scrum to the final 4. The Penguins maybe haven't deserved to win lately but they have been. This is a team that has been finding ways and that is the kind of team that excels in the playoffs. If Thibault starts this team will go the distance.

No way is Pitt going to make the finals, they are way too young and inexperienced.

New Jersey over Buffalo

Detroit Over Anaheim

Detroit over Jersey

No way is Pitt going to make the finals, they are way too young and inexperienced.

New Jersey over Buffalo

Detroit Over Anaheim

Detroit over Jersey

In my ideal, dream world, Detroit beats NJ in the finals in overtime of Game 7, Todd Bertuzzi knocking in a loose puck for the win after NJ misses an empty net at the other end (just to hear Mike Emrick's stupid reaction...oooohh! Squibbed one, oh no my beloved Devils). I had to go with my gut feeling on this...no one thought Edmonton, Carolina, or Calgary would make it either. Pittsburgh...it's happening :hehe:

Edited by shadow47

Buffalo over Pittsburg, (In a miraculus 8-7 game 7 which strangely looks like an NBA game)

Detroit over Vancouver

Detroit plays D in the SCF and wins in 5.

When Pittsburg picks up on the D end they will have their time.

East Finals: New Jersey vs. Buffalo

New Jersey in 7 games

West Finals: Detroit vs. San Jose

Detroit in 7 games

Stanely Cup: Detroit vs. New Jersey

Detroit in 6 games

2nd Scenario:

East Finals: Atlanta vs. New Jersey

New Jersey in 6 games

West Finals: San Jose vs. Anaheim

Anaheim in 6 games

Stanley Cup: New Jersey vs. Anaheim

New Jersey in 5 games

Whyy people..WHY?

Ugh..my poor poor eyes having read this. LOL

oy, I agree... it makes my tummy hurt to think about this right now. That's said, I would love to see Buffalo/Detroit SCF. What a ride that would be! :hehe:

oy, I agree... it makes my tummy hurt to think about this right now. That's said, I would love to see Buffalo/Detroit SCF. What a ride that would be! :hehe:

If that was the case, Buffalo and Detroit for the Stanley Cup Finals that would be crazy for Hasek, playing his former team for Lord Stanley's Cup, even though several faces that he played with are now gone.

Im not going to make a prediction but i hope Detroit wins. But then again what Red Wings fan doesn't hope Detroit wins. Wow, this is going t be one tough playoff run. I'm going to go crazy! :yowza::yowza::yowza:

If Vancouver can get their act together with their Power Play, they will push far in the playoffs. I think Vancouver can get all the way to the West Conf. Finals and play against Detroit. Whoever has home ice in that series will win it and then win the Cup, no matter who they face in the east.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Philly over Washington in 6

Phoenix over Columbus in 7

Philly over Phoenix in the SCF's.

MVP: Wayne Gretzky's Coaching

Come on! Be real here!

LA over Chicago in 6.

Philly over Florida in 5.

Philly goes the distance on LA in 7 to win the SCF's. Dan Cloutier wins MVP though, for his specatular goaltending that got LA to the finals.

:D

Guest DetroitBoy313

I really truly believe Vancouver is going to come out of the west.I think it's Luongo's year this year.I don't know if they'll win the cup but they are playing with a BOAT LOAD of confidence right now with Luongo in net.

I really truly believe Vancouver is going to come out of the west.I think it's Luongo's year this year.I don't know if they'll win the cup but they are playing with a BOAT LOAD of confidence right now with Luongo in net.

it would be cool to see luongo vs. brodeur

Still believe Buffalo has the guns and Jersey has the D to be in the East Final.

Gotta like Nashville and Detroit in the West too.

Wings over Jersey in a '94 rematch. (We'll get our revenge over Brodeur)