• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

DEVILS @ MAPLE LEAFS

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well, maybe not.

The Leafs are 2 points out of the final playoff spot and desperately need a win.

For the fight fans out there lets hope Belak is dressed. Also, I think Tucker is back in the lineup and he's the one who was talking trash with Janssen on the benches. I believe he also fought Janssen before in a really good bout.

Anyway, for the fireworks to fly i'm guessing that since the Leafs need a win they won't be going broad street bully out of the gate but since the game is in Toronto, if the Devils start beating them on the scoreboard, I fully expect the Leafs to goon it up.

And for all the times I bashed the old Leafs as a bunch of thugs and hacks, I really, really would love to see a huge dustup tonight and see Janssen have to answer the bell at least twice. You can't just lay out star players like that and have nothing coming back your way. This game will tell us alot about whether the Leafs are truly a "team" and if they truly want to get into the playoffs. Do they have any heart or not?

The Leafs are nowhere near as goonish as they used to be, especially with Domi gone and Tucker/McCabe doing more scoring than fighting these days. I don't expect any major rumbles even if the score does start to tilt hard one way, but if there's one thing the Leafs are good at, it's taking bad penalties and losing their cool, so I wouldn't be surprised to see people taking ill-timed runs at Janssen and then bitching when they get called.

I'm a sucker for games like these, I've had this one marked on my calander for awhile now. As well as the 31st at the end of this month between Dallas and Nashville.

Nothing will happen. Very doubtful at this point that Belak dresses.

so I wouldn't be surprised to see people taking ill-timed runs at Janssen and then bitching when they get called.

You're assuming that Janssen will get more than 30 seconds of ice time?

Hell YES. I want to see some bouts go down. Ive been waiting for this game. Anyone know if its on CBC?

Nope, TSN Leafs Region.

EDIT: Andy Wozniewski is a gametime decision with the flu. Belak will dress if he can't play, otherwise, he'll be a scratch.

Edited by MacK_Attack

I wonder if CenterIce will have it. Might be able to pick up the Devils feed anyways.

I'm hoping Wozniewski is out tonight, so they'll put Belak in. Unless the Devils just don't play Janssen at all, something will probably happen.

From what I have seen in the media today, nothing will happen. The Leafs guys understand they are in a dog fight for a playoff spot and are not going to do anything stupid.

Edited by superstarsingh

I honestly don't believe much will happen either. Now if they still had no-neck, no-brain Dummy, er, I mean "Domi", then ya i could see the s***e hitting the fan for sure. But with the Leaf-blowers eternal belief that they have the God-given right to be in the playoffs no matter how much they've sucked all season I think they'll go for the 2pts rather than revenge this time. Unless it's a blowout for Jersey, then the fists will fly.

I'm a sucker for games like these, I've had this one marked on my calander for awhile now. As well as the 31st at the end of this month between Dallas and Nashville.

Ya THAT one I see becoming a donny-brook of epic proportions. If Ott/Barnaby are in the lineup they WILL challenge Tootoo. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few runs at Kariya or Sullivan too.

Ya THAT one I see becoming a donny-brook of epic proportions. If Ott/Barnaby are in the lineup they WILL challenge Tootoo. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few runs at Kariya or Sullivan too.

Barnaby is essentially retired.

There will not be any cheap shots done by the Leafs tonight, as there 2 points out of a playoff spot. The way to get even with the Devils, is to beat them on the scoreboard

This is an age old line that i always find comical. It holds no water at all in this case. How the heck are they even just by the Leafs winning the game? The loss of 2pts isnt exactly ruining the Devils season at this point! Violence is the only way.

Ott will get spanked by Tootoo. Barch is the only guy...that fights pretty much a toss-up.

I doubt I could explain with such brevity the entirety of my philosophical outlook on life. Well done, Lou. :P

lol, thanks :lol: Its a bumper sticker waiting to happen aint it?

but if there's one thing the Leafs are good at, it's taking bad penalties and losing their cool.

Exactly. :clap:

The Leafs are a pathetic team on a good day.

Oops, I might mean their fans & the Toronto media.

Either way, when a team talks as much smack as the Leafs have done and DON'T do something, well yeh, you gotta laugh at that. Keep you're mouths shut!

Anyways, what the hell are them & their fans worrying about Janssen for?

They should be looking to win games.

Oops, missed again - why bother? They'll miss the playoffs yet again this year. :lol:

Exactly. :clap:

The Leafs are a pathetic team on a good day.

Oops, I might mean their fans & the Toronto media.

Either way, when a team talks as much smack as the Leafs have done and DON'T do something, well yeh, you gotta laugh at that. Keep you're mouths shut!

Anyways, what the hell are them & their fans worrying about Janssen for?

They should be looking to win games.

Oops, missed again - why bother? They'll miss the playoffs yet again this year. :lol:

Do you just make things up so that it re-enforces your view of the Leafs?

They've been downplaying this meeting with the Devils and Janssen ever since the media started bringing it up. All they've talked about is getting the two points and such. Nothing at all in the least bit about getting back at Janssen or anything like that. Nothing.

If you're going to run them down, at least base it on fact. You look a little less pathetic that way.

BTW, it looks like Belak will be playing.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

BTW, it looks like Belak will be playing.

\

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!