• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Herr Hockey

Only a dream?

Rate this topic

Does anyone else happen to remember Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond saying that Osgood was going to be getting a new mask? I thought they said this 2-3 months ago, and I haven't heard much about it since. I think they said that it was going to be a hasek-style mask. It's not that big of a deal, I just want to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

It was talked about a couple months ago because Ozzie only has his current helmet left and they aren't making his kind anymore. He was saying that if something happened to his he'd wear the type of helmet Hasek has.

I really can't see him in any other helmet. It's not him. Ozzie is the only goalie in the league that wears that bird cage styled mask and I absolutely love it. It's one of a kind.

Yeah, thats cool. I love his current mask too, I was just wondering what ever happened to him getting the new one. I'm suprised most goalies don't take the Hasek-Ozzie path when it comes to masks. Nothing was more annoying than watching Manny bob his head back and forth trying to adjust the other kind, they just look like they move around too much.

when/if cloutier plays, he still has the ozzie style, last i remember

Cloutier doesn't wear that style anymore. He's changed it to a regular one ever since the start of the season.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Cloutier doesn't wear that style anymore. He's changed it to a regular one ever since the start of the season.

thanks for clearing that up... the last i remember he had the ozzie mask... is there a link between that mask and goals from center ice? :P

Not that it has anything to do with Osgood, but is Jimmy Howard still rocking this mask?

IPB Image

I really like that design, but I think I like Joey MacDonald's old mask even more:

IPB Image

I seem to remember Cloutier going back to his old style helmet this year after he was sucking it up during the early goings of the season. I may be mistaken about this, but I believe he switched back to the sk-2000.

Not that it has anything to do with Osgood, but is Jimmy Howard still rocking this mask?

IPB Image

I really like that design, but I think I like Joey MacDonald's old mask even more:

IPB Image

Wow, Howard's mask is sick. I especially like the big D in the throat area.

There's an article about this in the latest Inside Hockeytown. It said Ozzy has wanted to paint his mask in the past but his helmet material doesn't mesh well with the paint. The new helmet is Hasek-style. It says "Red Wings" across the front and "Ozzy" and his two daughters' names on the back. The sides have likenesses of Sawchuk and Crozier. Ozzy says we should see it soon. It was a great article on the history of goalie-helmet-painting.

Personally, I like the plain red helmet for Ozzy.

edit: P.S. I was surprised by the article when they said he spelled his nickname with the "y" instead of "ie".

Edited by hockeyh

there is a an article about his mask and Bishop in general in the march/april issue of inside hockeytown. He basically said he had to get the padding right so it fits him and it's comfortable before he will actually use it. It has a Sawchuck on one side and Crozier on the other.

His name is sandwiched between his daughters names in the back with the Wings logo as the O in Ozzie. It's still kinda plain, but it is cool that he honors those two players.

I know that Ozzie has always had a couple of the new style masks for years in his locker. about 10 years ago I got a tour of the locker room with Paul Coffey. During the tour we got see one of Ozzie’s Itech style masks. It was one of the coolest masks i have ever seen. The equipment manager at the time told he would never wear it because he has been wearing the particular bird cage mask ever since he started playing hockey. He said that he is very superstitious and didn't want to change.

Ozzie is just keeping it real.

thanks for clearing that up... the last i remember he had the ozzie mask... is there a link between that mask and goals from center ice? :P

Ouch, you just hurt Ozzie's feelings. :P You might be in for some bashing by the Ozzie faithful.

Ouch, you just hurt Ozzie's feelings. :P You might be in for some bashing by the Ozzie faithful.

Of course not.

As it says in the bible: ...forgive them; for they know not what they do... (or say in this case...)

:)

There's an article about this in the latest Inside Hockeytown. It said Ozzy has wanted to paint his mask in the past but his helmet material doesn't mesh well with the paint. The new helmet is Hasek-style. It says "Red Wings" across the front and "Ozzy" and his two daughters' names on the back. The sides have likenesses of Sawchuk and Crozier. Ozzy says we should see it soon. It was a great article on the history of goalie-helmet-painting.

Personally, I like the plain red helmet for Ozzy.

edit: P.S. I was surprised by the article when they said he spelled his nickname with the "y" instead of "ie".

I can't wait to see this new mask of his. Nothing too extreme, but a little bit of design. Too bad they didn't have any pictures of it, or did they?