No registered users viewing this page.

up2here

Bertuzzi to return tomorrow night

Rate this topic

Browsing some of the Detroit media:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../703210413/1053

There's a consensus that a Saturday night debut is (edit) not out of the question.

So not necessarily Thursday for Bert.

Edited by rick zombo

Browsing some of the Detroit media:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1

There's a consensus that a Saturday night debut is (edit) not out of the question.

So not necessarily Thursday for Bert.

I saw those too,but the TSN report is from Darren Dregor who is a very trusted source.

Either one, we need him. We're having trouble in Western Canada.

Funny, but your post should read:

Either one, we need him. We're not a playoff team.

Funny, but your post should read:

Either one, we need him. We're not a playoff team.

We get it O ye of little faith. Do you really have to say it in every thread? :zzz: I bet you'll be the first one rubbing it in the other teams face when the Wings beat them in a series.

With a healthy lineup and a contributing Bertuzzi, I dare say that the Red Wings stand a chance of making a push for game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Their chances might be slim and there are a lot of things that need to go right, but they're no worse than the other teams that have made it happen through the years. Hasek needs to be great, Zetterberg needs to be sharp, Datsyuk needs to produce and Bertuzzi needs to provide physical play in front of the goal, but with Babcock's system they have a chance.

does anybody have any pictures of Bertuzzi in the Wings jersey yet? Or the Practice jersey?

Nope, but I have seen video of Bertuzzi in a practice jersey on Channel 4 news, side note: How many Bertuzzi jerseys do they sell at the Joe this weekend ??

There is still no word on when Henrik Zetterberg will begin skating. Zetterberg, who hasn’t been on the ice since Feb. 26 due to an inflamed disc in his back, has started some light off-ice conditioning.

“Trainers feel he gets better a little bit each day, but I’m not sure when he’s going to skate,†Holland said.

...The Wings have been penalized more than their opponents in each of their last five games, including Tuesday’s 2-1 loss in Calgary.

“It destroys you, it’s ridiculous,†Babcock said. “You can’t take penalties, you can’t be undisciplined, especially when you don’t have everybody back (from injuries).â€Â

It’s not about officiating, he said.

“You can complain all you want, but it’s not about refereeing,†Babcock said. “You got to take responsibility for yourself and that’s been our approach all year. We’re the (sixth)-least penalized team, we usually do a good job with it, but on this trip for whatever reason we weren’t able to.â€Â

The part about Zetterberg scares the hell out of me. We are cutting it real close to the playoffs now.

As for the part about the officiating, I'm with Babcock on this one. Despite some questionable non-calls, you can't say the Wings have played very disciplined the last five games.

SWEET!

Offides and I are taking her sister for her first ever hockey game! should be a blast, ESPECIALLY seeing big Berts first game!

No big deal as long as it isn't more hooking penalties.

Lang? Oh Lang... are you listening?? Move your feet and keep your stick on the ice. I can't wait till the season's over just so we can dump this worthless sack of lazyness and replace him with someone who knows the meaning of "effort". Lilja was just as bad last night too... when he gets the puck in our end it mysteriously finds the other team's sticks ALL the time. He handles it like it was a hand grenade with the pin pulled or something.

Lang? Oh Lang... are you listening?? Move your feet and keep your stick on the ice. I can't wait till the season's over just so we can dump this worthless sack of lazyness and replace him with someone who knows the meaning of "effort". Lilja was just as bad last night too... when he gets the puck in our end it mysteriously finds the other team's sticks ALL the time. He handles it like it was a hand grenade with the pin pulled or something.

If the effort is there in the playoffs, it's all that matters. Lang knows this. Lilja on the other hand is a hopeless case. He's bound to make at least one huge mistake in every game. The hand granade reference is actually very good. :thumbup:

Berts Ice time will be limited, but boy oh boy is it going to be great to see him in the lineup. Imagine him and homer in front of the net on a powerplay.. thats got to be down right scary for goalies lol

Ah, I can see it now... "Bert, you screen the left side of the net, Homer you screen the right side of the net, Hank I want you to get to every loose puck on BOTH sides of the ice and dig it out for a pass up to Lids and Schneids... they'll think twice before taking that next holding penalty I tell you!!" /Babcock

In retrospect I assume you meant on subsequent rather than concurrant shifts? :P