Nashville Team Leaders

1. Paul Kariya -(71 PTS)

2. Steve Sullivan -(60 PTS)

3. Jean-Pierre Dumont -(59 PTS)

Canuck Team Leaders

1. Daniel Sedin -(73 PTS)

2. Henrik Sedin -(70 PTS)

3. Markus Naslund -(54 PTS)

Vancouver - Needs to find the answer to their powerplay troubles.

Nashville - Defenceman Marek Zidlicky could see time as a forward over the next few games for Nashville.

The Predators won't call up a player to replace the suspended Jordin Tootoo. Forsberg is dressing.

Nashville Injuries

Sullivan out until at least March 27 vs. Edmonton along with:

Scott Hartnell

Scott Nichol

Martin Erat

Jordin Tootoo

Vancouver Injuries

Willie Mitchell

Sami Salo

Ryan Kesler

This game has a huge impact on the Red Wings believe it or not, and that is the only reason I am posting a thread like this on this forum. Who would the Wings rather have win? If the Canucks win in regulation, they are only 4 points back from being tops in the league. :D

IPB Image

Likely Starters

Nashville - Unsure

Vancouver - Roberto Luongo

Nashville Team Leaders

1. Paul Kariya -(71 PTS)

2. Steve Sullivan -(60 PTS)

3. Jean-Pierre Dumont -(59 PTS)

Canuck Team Leaders

1. Daniel Sedin -(73 PTS)

2. Henrik Sedin -(70 PTS)

3. Markus Naslund -(54 PTS)

Vancouver - Needs to find the answer to their powerplay troubles.

Nashville - Defenceman Marek Zidlicky could see time as a forward over the next few games for Nashville.

The Predators won't call up a player to replace the suspended Jordin Tootoo. Forsberg is dressing.

Nashville Injuries

Sullivan out until at least March 27 vs. Edmonton along with:

Scott Hartnell

Scott Nichol

Martin Erat

Jordin Tootoo

Vancouver Injuries

Willie Mitchell

Sami Salo

Ryan Kesler

This game has a huge impact on the Red Wings believe it or not, and that is the only reason I am posting a thread like this on this forum. Who would the Wings rather have win? If the Canucks win in regulation, they are only 4 points back from being tops in the league. :D

I'd rather see Vancouver win the game. I hate Nashville with a passion, and do not want them to win. Hopefully the Preds will have as many penalties called against them as the Wings did, that way it's almost a sure bet that they lose.

I expect it to be a good close game, but with our 2 best defencemen out, it will be dicey. Mitchell has been a defensive monster this year, and Salo's been good on defense and excellent at putting the puck in the net in clutch situations. The guys lower down on the scale will really have to step it up tonight. If Salo and Mitchell were playing, I would predict a regulation win for the Canucks; but tonight I predict an OT/SO that Luongo wins for us.

Sorry mate, God never has bad nights.

Carrying a mediocre team for an entire season on your back doesn't make you a god it makes you a potential successor to Brodeur. Also, and I know this is just being anal, it's only a capital g on god when you're talking about Christian or Jewish theology.

Carrying a mediocre team for an entire season on your back doesn't make you a god it makes you a potential successor to Brodeur. Also, and I know this is just being anal, it's only a capital g on god when you're talking about Christian or Jewish theology.

Oh f***in' please.

Since Christmas the Canucks offensive output is in the top 10 in the league. Hovering around 7th. The defense is also very very good.

How well did Luongo elevate Florida?

Canucks are my second favourite team next to buffalo so I naturally want them to win. The fact that they will be closer to taking the pres trophy and 1st in the league doesn't bother me but I don't think it will happen. It will be between Nash and Det. Go Canucks!

Edited by poxer

Canucks are my second favourite team next to buffalo so I naturally want them to win. The fact that they will be closer to taking the pres trophy and 1st in the league doesn't bother me but I don't think it will happen. It will be between Nash and Det. Go Canucks!

I don't think it will happen either. It would mean that the Canucks have to win about 90 percent of their remaining games and a couple very good teams would have to tank.

You know, there is a reason he just won the Messier Leadership Award and it is being presented to him tonight right before the game. With his spectacular play and stellar teamwork by the rest of the squad, the Canucks are arguably the best team in the NHL right now.

You know, there is a reason he just won the Messier Leadership Award and it is being presented to him tonight right before the game. With his spectacular play and stellar teamwork by the rest of the squad, the Canucks are arguably the best team in the NHL right now.

No way Vancouver is the best team right now... It has to be Edmonton!!!! :rolleyes:

Hey I think we should be cheering for the Preds in this one guys. Do any of us REALLY believe the Wings have a better chance against Calgary in the first round that we do against the Wild? Myself, I'm pulling for a 4th place finish this year. Let the Flames pound the Preds in a seven game series. It doesn't matter who wins it, the winner is gonna come out of it banged up and likely with a couple injured players too. The way I would like it to see it go down is like so;

Round 1 - Wings vs. Wild (Wings in 5)

Round 2 - Wings vs. Anaheim (Wings in 6)

Round 3 - Wings vs. Preds (Wings in 7)

Stanley Cup Final - Wings vs. Jersey (Wings in 6)

Bingo Bango Bongo I think the Preds will light up Roberto Luongo :(

That's gold! :lol:

I swear, I've heard Tommy call games a few times, and he really get's overexited. Not to mention he is the biggest homer since Bob Cole calling a Leafs game.

Doesn't really matter to me though. Every broadcaster has their share of homerism. Besides, Tommy does make the game interesting. :P