• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Agalloch

Lebda and Kronwall...

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

I know that Kronwall is much more highly touted, but Lebda has really impressed me with his speed, and overall smart defensive play. However, I don't understand why Kronwall gets so much hate around here. He was playing great before he got the cage on his face, and he's still rather young as well, so it's not like he's fully developed. With that said, both of these are locked up long term, and are both around the same age... which do you think is better now, and which do you think will be better in the future?

For Now : Definately Lebda , Kronwall needs to lose that mask , its ruined his game.

Future : Both will be equally good

rest easy, he has retired the mask as of last game

I know that Kronwall is much more highly touted, but Lebda has really impressed me with his speed, and overall smart defensive play. However, I don't understand why Kronwall gets so much hate around here. He was playing great before he got the cage on his face, and he's still rather young as well, so it's not like he's fully developed. With that said, both of these are locked up long term, and are both around the same age... which do you think is better now, and which do you think will be better in the future?

You pretty much answered your own question...the reason Kronwall gets hate is because he had a sensational year during the lockout and people expected him to make a big impact immediately, whereas this undrafted nobody named Lebda made the team out of nowhere and is developing faster than Kronwall. It's all relative, if Kronwall had made the team as an undrafted nobody people would be impressed with him right now, but expectations for him are much higher than for Lebda.

I dunno, Lebda's speed just impresses me so much. he brings so much to the game with his defensive presence, and the threat of taking the puck coast to coast at anytime is just an awesome weapon to have. Hes even throwing his weight around some what. I would have to say hes the better "all around" player over Kronwal. But in the future they will both improve and will both put up some pretty good offensive numbers as well as keep a strong blue line....

Guest LivingtheDream

You pretty much answered your own question...the reason Kronwall gets hate is because he had a sensational year during the lockout and people expected him to make a big impact immediately, whereas this undrafted nobody named Lebda made the team out of nowhere and is developing faster than Kronwall. It's all relative, if Kronwall had made the team as an undrafted nobody people would be impressed with him right now, but expectations for him are much higher than for Lebda.

Your logic fails. So why aren't we all impressed with Lilja? Wait, I guess we would be if he didn't suck. Never mind! :-)

Lebda's looked better in the short-term, Kronwall has more long-term potential in terms of overall 'production' for the way both guys play IMO. That doesn't mean that Lebda has hit any peak and can't play anymore by any stretch of the imagination. Both are going to be important to the Wings for years to come.

Lebda's looked better in the short-term, Kronwall has more long-term potential in terms of overall 'production' for the way both guys play IMO. That doesn't mean that Lebda has hit any peak and can't play anymore by any stretch of the imagination. Both are going to be important to the Wings for years to come.

I think that is exactly it.

I personally don't think Lebda has peaked at all and fully expect him to keep improving to a considerable degree. With the kind of defensive mentors on this team, it could make up for any previous shortcomings. Speed alone is a valuable asset nowadays.

The management certainly has high hopes for Kronwall judging by that contract alone, I can just hope that his deal turns out to be a good one for the Wings!

And Lebda has been stellar, especially for a guy basically coming out of nowhere. Boy can he skate.

Both of them will only get better and hopefully stay with this team for the long term.

Edited by FinWing

The management thinks highly of both of them or else they wouldn't be getting a lot of playing time as young Ds. Personally I like Kronwall's style of hockey since I was like that, but Lebda has the golden star right now.

Lebda has shown development - Kronwall seems to have stalled. Where is all this offensive skills that has been raved about? I want him to be great but Kronner just seems to have taken a few steps back; where Lebda has shown improvement especially when he rushes the puck with his great speed.

where Lebda has shown improvement especially when he rushes the puck with his great speed.

This isn't a comparison between the two players, but besides that, Lebda is the same Lebda as last year. Not great defensively, not great offensively, a speedy defensemen fast defensemen who can make up for his mistakes by his footspeed.

Thinking they both will be good. If Kronner stays healthy for a full year and settles down. He has had his full share of injuries over the years already. I call it the Wings defenseman curse. We have a top D-man go down every year for long stretches at a time for the last six years. Lebda is like "wow". When was the last time you seen a defenseman take it from end to end. Learning from Cheli doesn't hurt either.