• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Token

Calder Trophy Winner?

Rate this topic

Dont forget Kopitar.

I dont care how many shorties Staal's got or how many points in a row Stastny has, it should be Malkin. 30 goals, most points, fewest games of all 3. 5 GWG, 1 OT.

Yeah Staal's got 28 goals, but hes got a lousy 10 assists.

Ultimately, I bet one of the Canadians win. Malkin is been so underrated this year its frickin sick. Hes tearing it up with nearly 80 points and all you hear about are the Canadians.

Malkin is the hands down winner, probably the easiest Calder win in a while.

Not a knock to obvious runner ups Stastny and Staal who are and will be amazing, but Malkin gets my unanimous pick.

Malkin will win it, with Stastny and Malkin as runners up.

No way Staal wins it. 28 goals yet only 10 assists? Those are probably numbers you'd expect from Jason Blake, who wouldn't pass the puck if it was on fire.

I'll be amazed if someone other than Malkin takes the cake, although Stastny has emerged as a dark horse thanks to his hot points streak.

What about defensemen, are there any legit contenders? Matt Carle?

Stall plays 5 minutes less than Malkin and sees no power play time, also Stall is a +17 and Malkin was a minus most of the year so an argument CAN be made for Staal. (Plus he's Canadian which always helps)

I'd say he doesn't have a chance.

AO & Sid > Phaneuf = Malkin & Stastny > Carle

A little mathematics :D

That's how it probably is, just trying not to discriminate those poor little defensemen on the basis of scoring. ;) Being that all of AO, Sid and Malkin are exceptional players, not much chance for others to get the same kind of credit.