• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/22 GDT: Blue Jackets @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Chris did "deserve" a win last night, HC... the guys even said they wished they could have pulled it off for him (Bertuzzi said it, at least).

I honestly don't think the Wings play differently in front of Dom because of anything Dom says or does, and the same for Ozzie. They seem to like both guys equally. It's possible that they looked a bit worse because several of the few games Ozzie has gotten this season due to scheduling and injury were back to backs. Not an excuse, but I suppose the Wings could have been tired or distracted on the second game night. I don't know...

I have seen them play like crap in front of Dom, too... the turnovers are about the same, the deflection goals have happened to both goalies, they've kicked or redirected (Cheli, Lang) goals in on Dom often enough that I've actually noticed it as a mini-trend this season -- and I am sure it's all just coincidence. Dom's had to play his *** off in more than one game, where the Wings let him down, too (most recently, Vancouver game - 1 goal? 18 SOG in the first period alone?). It's just expected of him.

The Wings don't "protect" Hasek because he wants them to -- he says he hates the low shot games, and they're actually harder to win than the rare games where he's gotten more than 30 shots. Hasek loves that kind of work, crazy nut that he is. Ozzie would probably say the same about sub-20 SOG games. Big numbers are just numbers, especially when it's the Red Wings and their billions of squishy perimeter shots on the other team. I know there are nights when Dom and Ozzie wish they could get a game like that, where the other team throws marshmallows at them to jack their sv%s up! :D

As for the commentators, they are likely to say just about anything. The sad part is, right or wrong, people latch onto stuff they say, and quote it for truth. It's just their opinion, they happen to get paid for saying it, that's the only difference.

EDIT: PS - I read today that Babs has scheduled out the last 8 games and decided who gets which one. They didn't say who gets which one, but I sense the schedule is split between Dom and Oz. If so, we have a very small representative sample within which to judge if the Wings are biased against Ozzie or not.

I've seen them play horrible in front of Dom too and him playing great despite that. I guess I'm saying that my whole reasoning for saying what I said was not to make Osgood look better, nor to bring Dom down. I've just always noticed the Wings playing better in front of Manny, Dom, etc..than in front of Ozzie and Joey Mac when he was here.

That's good about the split in the next 8 games but I don't think that should determine or would be a good time to judge towards being bias towards the two. LOL because I feel it's been happening all season, but we shall see anyway.

Anyways..I'm done with the debate. We have two great goalies so we all should be happy! I just REALLY wanted Ozzie to win last night, thats why I got so mad.

I'm not going to get deep in this but Osgood was the number 2 star last night for a reason, and you can sure as hell bet he would have flip-flopped with the number 1 had the Wings won the shootout.

Sidenote: I don't understand why its so difficult for people to be objective. There's so many of you that have blind hatred for some select players, and can't seem to critique a players actual play without being unbiased. No offense, but its really sad.

Guest Crymson

The way you call out some of us on here is rude. Can't you just post without being a complete ass?

Excuse me for thinking Ozzie deserved to freaking win last night for his brilliant play. Me stating that the Wings play like crap compared to the way they play in front of Dom isn't dissing him, btw. It's the way I see it and if someone has a problem with that then oh well! Am I not suppose to get pissed when I see the Wings half assing it out there and Osgood playing stellar? I don't care what anyone tells me I'm not gonna change my mind. I don't even care that they SUPPOSEDLY face the around the same shots on average. They play different in front of different goalies and thats something that absolutely boggles my mind. When you have freaking Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond AND a few Wings awhile back saying the same thing what does that tell you? I guess the 'Ozzie clique', commentators and a few Wings are all delusional and morons then.

I'm perfectly capable of doing this. However, this kind of thing with Ozzie happens again.. and again.. and again.. I don't know exactly why it bothers me, but it does.

Whatever you may think, the stats say otherwise. I've given you a list of Osgood's last 8 games. Those span almost to the beginning of 2007. I think you remember all of those games. Against Nashville all three times, in both games against Chicago, and against Dallas, the Wings played either quite decently or VERY well. Meanwhile, the games which the Wings lost whilst Ozzie was in net saw Ozzie let in softies, ESPECIALLY against Colorado and in the OT loss against Nashville. Want examples? Okay. You want to say that the Wings played badly in front of Osgood against Colorado? In the 3rd period, they'd hit the Avs with something like 12 straight shots, and then Arnason came by and poked in a pillow-soft goal through Ozzie's five-hole from maybe 6 feet away with no screen. Perhaps the Wings didn't play a stellar game that day, but Osgood was probably the worst on the ice. In the OT loss against Nashville, we all know that Osgood let in some real softies. Meanwhile, Homer scored a hat trick and the rest of the team wasn't playing half bad. The team, including Osgood, played very well in both wins against Nashville. I don't know how you can act otherwise. In both games against Chicago, we annihilated the opposition. How, pray tell, is that considered playing badly?

In the list I've presented, every game we've lost--excepting last night's--has been the same story; the other team's goalie has stolen the show, keeping their team in the game in the face of outrageous pressure from the Wings` offense, while on the other end Osgood has let in goals that really shouldn't have gotten through.

All of this excepts last night's game; and the Wings played hideously in front of Hasek against Calgary and Vancouver as well as last night, with Hasek facing far more shots against Vancouver than Ozzie saw last night. This makes your point even more moot, and insultingly skewed.

Now, mind you, I do like Osgood. I think he's a good goalie, and last night he was certainly very solid. I like you, too. But honestly, there's no need for this sort of persecution-complex behavior, especially when the facts are utterly in the opposite direction.

I haven't heard anything of the sort from Ken, Mickey, or any Wings players. I watch every game, and I read pretty much every news piece on the Wings that comes up.

The way you call out some of us on here is rude. Can't you just post without being a complete ass?

The answer is no. But it's not your fault, he/she just hates women.

The Wings lost because we had 4 pucks that went off a crossbar or post. It's that simple. Ozzie played great.

The Wings lost because we had 4 pucks that went off a crossbar or post. It's that simple. Ozzie played great.

Ozzy played well last night.. It would also help that other Wings score some goals once an awhile, other than Dats all the time :P

Guest Crymson

Gee, that hurts.. I bet you draw this conception because I "condone" homosexuality ("condone" because you seem to see it as a crime)? Whoops. Good one, chump.

Edited by Crymson

I'm perfectly capable of doing this. However, this kind of thing with Ozzie happens again.. and again.. and again.. I don't know exactly why it bothers me, but it does.

Whatever you may think, the stats say otherwise. I've given you a list of Osgood's last 8 games. Those span almost to the beginning of 2007. I think you remember all of those games. Against Nashville all three times, in both games against Chicago, and against Dallas, the Wings played either quite decently or VERY well. Meanwhile, the games which the Wings lost whilst Ozzie was in net saw Ozzie let in softies, ESPECIALLY against Colorado and in the OT loss against Nashville. Want examples? Okay. You want to say that the Wings played badly in front of Osgood against Colorado? In the 3rd period, they'd hit the Avs with something like 12 straight shots, and then Arnason came by and poked in a pillow-soft goal through Ozzie's five-hole from maybe 6 feet away with no screen. Perhaps the Wings didn't play a stellar game that day, but Osgood was probably the worst on the ice. In the OT loss against Nashville, we all know that Osgood let in some real softies. Meanwhile, Homer scored a hat trick and the rest of the team wasn't playing half bad. The team, including Osgood, played very well in both wins against Nashville. I don't know how you can act otherwise. In both games against Chicago, we annihilated the opposition. How, pray tell, is that considered playing badly?

In the list I've presented, every game we've lost--excepting last night's--has been the same story; the other team's goalie has stolen the show, keeping their team in the game in the face of outrageous pressure from the Wings` offense, while on the other end Osgood has let in goals that really shouldn't have gotten through.

All of this excepts last night's game; and the Wings played hideously in front of Hasek against Calgary and Vancouver as well as last night, with Hasek facing far more shots against Vancouver than Ozzie saw last night. This makes your point even more moot, and insultingly skewed.

Now, mind you, I do like Osgood. I think he's a good goalie, and last night he was certainly very solid. I like you, too. But honestly, there's no need for this sort of persecution-complex behavior, especially when the facts are utterly in the opposite direction.

I haven't heard anything of the sort from Ken, Mickey, or any Wings players. I watch every game, and I read pretty much every news piece on the Wings that comes up.

I never once said that the Wings play horrible in front of Ozzie in EVERY game he plays, but more times than not I see a difference.

Of course they are going to also have games where they play poorly in front of Dom as well..but once again more times than not I see a difference.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree? I just won't bring this up anymore during games because everyone knows where I stand.

Now, mind you, I do like Osgood. I think he's a good goalie, and last night he was certainly very solid. I like you, too.

Same here which is why I got kinda mad with the way you called me out. I've always thought you were one of the better ones on this board..especially when someone bashes the team and you are there to shut em up and be positive. :P

I've seen them play horrible in front of Dom too and him playing great despite that. I guess I'm saying that my whole reasoning for saying what I said was not to make Osgood look better, nor to bring Dom down. I've just always noticed the Wings playing better in front of Manny, Dom, etc..than in front of Ozzie and Joey Mac when he was here.

That's good about the split in the next 8 games but I don't think that should determine or would be a good time to judge towards being bias towards the two. LOL because I feel it's been happening all season, but we shall see anyway.

I honest to goodness think it just appears that they play differently in front of Ozzie vs. Dom. I do believe there are reasons why they might be sloppier on D (tired, back to back, etc.) but I don't think they intentionally do anything different. There haven't been that many games for Ozzie this season to make a decent regular season sample, either, but as Crymson pointed out, statistically the games were not skewed against Ozzie in any significant manner. They played well in front of Ozzie, too.

I am much more worried about Zetterberg-Addiction at this point, since everyone seized up and stopped scoring except Datsyuk, without Hank in the room. It seems to be getting worse, although I don't know exactly how 1 goal per game can get much worse. Wait, yes I do. :crazy:

No scoring means no Cup, IMO. This has been an issue all season, 2 goals per game, with an occasional burst of 4-6 or a blowout where the other goalie was not Vezina material for a change. Even a shutout every night won't help, since there are no shootouts in the playoffs. So, someone is going to have to put the puck in the net at least twice a game, or it won't matter who's in goal. Maybe Ozzie and Dom can work on that, eh? ;)

Oops! I'm very sorry I assumed you were the guy

I was very impressed with your shooting, great job!

Thats so funny! She was practicing on me before she went out there.... Damn near got every puck dead center agains the wall. I knew she would be fine! After me doing score-o 3 years ago or so, I thought this would be perfect for her to do it.

This first pic is the Jeep offsides is sitting in. Had i been able to use the flash, I would of shown her IN the car (she was on the left side) :)

IPB Image

This is a pic of offsides getting :siren: #2. My Camera doesn't zoom that far :lol:

IPB Image

Well, it brings up a very good point.

The reason we lose in the playoffs if NOT because of goaltending, it's because they don't score when it counts. They score all year and then it gets warm and no one can score.

Well, it brings up a very good point.

The reason we lose in the playoffs if NOT because of goaltending, it's because they don't score when it counts. They score all year and then it gets warm and no one can score.

That was the case during the 2003 and 2004 playoffs. But not last year. While I don't think the Wings were going to win the Cup, they could have certainly got past Edmonton if Legace would not have gave up so many soft goals. Roloson wasn't that good. Though the Oilers trap counter-attack didn't help either, since that did make Roloson look a lot better than he really was.

Legace wasn't that good. No one was.

Only Zetterberg. We wouldn't have gotten past Edmonton unless someone could actually scored. It was totally different from the regular season. All season we scored a ton of goals and that's how we won, how did we not think that's what we had to do in the playoffs?

Legace wasn't that good. No one was.

Only Zetterberg. We wouldn't have gotten past Edmonton unless someone could actually scored. It was totally different from the regular season. All season we scored a ton of goals and that's how we won, how did we not think that's what we had to do in the playoffs?

Zetterberg and Yzerman were our best players IMO. 4 assists and lots of scoring chances , I miss him :( .

Zetterberg and Yzerman were our best players IMO. 4 assists and lots of scoring chances , I miss him :( .

You know who I miss the most now... Fedorov and Kozlov... Damn could they produce in the Post Season when we needed them too.

Dats will be the closest we have to Kozzie (including number ;) ) so long as he doesn't take a vacation starting April 9th.

You know who I miss the most now... Fedorov and Kozlov... Damn could they produce in the Post Season when we needed them too.

Dats will be the closest we have to Kozzie (including number ;) ) so long as he doesn't take a vacation starting April 9th.

If he could produce like Kozlov used to ( and probably still will with Atlanta this season) , Then he'd be a complete player IMO.

Guest Crymson

Don't forget Hull and Yzerman... and Shanahan.