• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elshupacabra

Red Wings Roster

Rate this topic

Since the topic of who will get sent down to GR after the Wings get healthy seems to get brought up in almost every topic of discussion, weather it be possible line combinations or what kind of cookies Danny Markov prefers, I figured that it was about time to make an official topic. As I read in another post Bootland was assigned to GR and Ellis was put on waivers, so the updated rosters are as follows:

Detroit Red Wings Roster (as of 3-22-07)

*Todd Betuzzi LW

Kyle Calder LW

Chris Chelios D

*Dan Cleary RW

Pavel Datsyuk C

Kris Draper C

Valtteri Filppula LW

Johan Franzen C

Tomas Holmstom LW

Jiri Hudler C

Niklas Kronwall D

Robert Lang C

Josh Langfeld RW

Brett Lebda D

Andreas Lija D

Kirk Maltby RW

Danny Markov D

Mikael Samuelsson RW

Mathieu Schneider LW

Chris Osgood G

Dominik Hasek G

(21)

Injured Detroit Red Wings (as of 3-22-07)

Henrik Zetterberg LW (Back)

Tomas Kopecky LW (Clavicle)

Totals For Each Position

LW = 5 (7 once we get healthy)

C= 5

RW= 4

D= 5

G=2

23-man Roster

There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

NHL.com

So...as is my interpretation of the rule is, any NHL team can have a maximum of 23 players on there roster and a minimum of 20 including 2 goaltenders so in actuality we could keep the current rosters we have now and still have Zetterberg and Kopecky come back, without having to send anyone down to GR, Right?

*= at the time this post was created there was no official releases that suggested that these players were back in the line up, it is purely speculation on my part that they will be within two games.

Edited by Elshupacabra