• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Vancouver Wings Fan

Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

I am no Canucks fan....I am trapped here as a Wings fan watching these guys claw their way up the standings.

They are only 3 points from Detroit and 4 from the lead in the conference - they have the best record in hockey since Christmas.

They are not a dynamic team - really 1 solid line and a stellar goalie - but they do not lose!! I have been telling people back home to watch out for these guys but people think I'm nuts.

I don't think the Wings could take these guys in a 7 game series. Am I crazy!!?? :scared:

They seemed to creep up on me too. On paper, they are a pretty s***ty team. At season's start I had them out of the playoffs. But a dynamite workhorse goalie can turn around a team quick. They sort of remind me of Buffalo when Hasek took them deep into the playoffs. I think they are a very scary team. The only x-factor is Luongo's playoff experience. He could pull a Turco and cave under pressure. Someting tells me he won't. If the Wings get passed the first round, then I see them meetong Vanouver in the conference finals.

They're hot right now, but lots of teams take turns looking invincible. It was Anaheim for a while, Nashville had their turn, San Jose, etc.

Anaheim and San Jose are the teams to beat in the conference. The rest of the teams are a step below them. Vancouver could win the West the same way any other playoff team could win it: Anything can happen.

I don't think the Wings could take these guys in a 7 game series. Am I crazy!!?? :scared:

I have to agree with the LCS Hockey guys. I think the best matchup Detroit could get in the playoffs is Vancouver. Don't let the head to head games between them this year fool you. The Red Wings would cause massive matchup problems for the Canucks.

Of course, for that to happen, the Wings have to get out of the first round. Calgary, San Jose, those are bigger problems for the Wings.

Not to mention that we are still not 100% healthy and Dom let in a weak goal. Add in those factors into a PLAYOFF series and I think Dom doesn't take that dive and V's defense has more problems because they have to shut down 2 scoring lines.

EDIT: Dom let in the soft goal vs. Calgary. But the logic is the same, he won't take stupid risks like that in the playoffs against any team.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Let's "hope" for this

1. Nashville

2. Anaheim

3. Vancouver

4. Detroit

5. Dallas

6. San Jose

7. Minnesota

8. Calgary

So:

Nashville vs Calgary - Calgary in 7 (extremely physical series - lots of long overtimes)

Anaheim vs Minnesota - Wild in 7 (extremely physical series - lots of long overtimes)

Vancouver vs San Jose - Canucks in 7 (extremely physical series -lots of long overtimes

Detroit vs Dallas - Detroit in 6 (moderately physical series - no overtimes

So yeah, let San Jose fall victim to Luongo and the hot Canucks

Then Detroit would get Minny in round 2, and Vancouver and Calgary could proceed to destroy one and other.

Soung good?

it's the typical misconception of any hockey fan from the east who thinks the Canucks are doing so great all because of Luongo.

if you have actually followed the Canucks closely since Christmas you would know their consistent success is not ALL due to Luongo.

they play smart, they don't make mistakes, and they follow their system to a T. they also have one of the most underrated, deep defensive core in the league. and their special teams are solid.

basically, the Canucks are the New Jersey Devils of the West.

Yes the nucks scare me for once... There a very good team at shutting down great teams, like last sat, and just last night... they have a great goalie.. The only thing though is that Lou has never been to the playoffs, so if he doesn't start resting soon i think he'll be tired and s*** the bed come playoffs.. The playoffs is a different type of hockey thats all im saying

I am no Canucks fan....I am trapped here as a Wings fan watching these guys claw their way up the standings.

They are only 3 points from Detroit and 4 from the lead in the conference - they have the best record in hockey since Christmas.

They are not a dynamic team - really 1 solid line and a stellar goalie - but they do not lose!! I have been telling people back home to watch out for these guys but people think I'm nuts.

I don't think the Wings could take them in 5 game series. I think the only two teams the Wings have a shot against are San Jose and Dallas. And even then, Dallas is probably the best bet.

If Detroit faces Vancouver, Minnesota or Calgary in the 1st round, they are finished.

Vancouver plays very similar to how Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton played them the last 3 playoffs. And we all know how those series' turned out.

Yes the nucks scare me for once... There a very good team at shutting down great teams, like last sat, and just last night... they have a great goalie.. The only thing though is that Lou has never been to the playoffs, so if he doesn't start resting soon i think he'll be tired and s*** the bed come playoffs.. The playoffs is a different type of hockey thats all im saying

The crazy thing about Luongo is...he doesnt WANT rest. He plays his best when he is playing the most. I wouldn't be surprised if Sabourin only sees one more game the rest of this season. Louie is a workhorse.

I don't think the Wings could take them in 5 game series. I think the only two teams the Wings have a shot against are San Jose and Dallas. And even then, Dallas is probably the best bet.

If Detroit faces Vancouver, Minnesota or Calgary in the 1st round, they are finished.

Vancouver plays very similar to how Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton played them the last 3 playoffs. And we all know how those series' turned out.

You are earning the reputation of "one of the most pessimistic members of LGW" :P

Seriosuly though, were this year's playoff team last year's playoff team, Detroit would have advanced over Edmonton.

Yeah but we have Bertuzzi and Calder, two players who are more than willing to chase the puck into the corner after dumping it in, and often times can come out of the corners with it. I don't think the trap will be as effective this year as it has in the past. We have more grit to our team, and thats going to go a long way.

Edited by Echolalia

Yeah but we have Bertuzzi and Calder, two players who are more than willing to chase the puck into the corner after dumping it in, and often times can come out of the corners with it. I don't think the trap will be as effective this year as it has in the past. We have more grit to our team, and thats going to go a long way.

As much as I hope Bertuzzi turns out well for you guys, I just don't think many of you realize that one of the main reasons he sucked in Vancouver last year, aside from all the media attention, is that he never used his body like he did before the incident. He never got in front of the net and fought like Holmstrom does. I would hardly call him grit and a power forward until we see him play a few games and PROVE to us that he has regained his old form of 02-03. Please prove me wrong Bert.

As much as I hope Bertuzzi turns out well for you guys, I just don't think many of you realize that one of the main reasons he sucked in Vancouver last year, aside from all the media attention, is that he never used his body like he did before the incident. He never got in front of the net and fought like Holmstrom does. I would hardly call him grit and a power forward until we see him play a few games and PROVE to us that he has regained his old form of 02-03. Please prove me wrong Bert.

His grit is the main reason we got him. I'm sure he knows whats expected of him and what role he should be playing. My main worry is how long it will take for him to get his game back from missing 60 games

CrazyCanuck is right, though. Bertuzzi played different after the Moore incident. He wasn't as physical and reckless. The Wings have to bank on him returning to form with the help of a change of scenery. It could go either way.

...but thats all thats expected of him. Hes not here to make pretty plays. Hes not here to score all the goals. That was his role on Vancouver. Hes not a primary scorer on Detroit - thats reserved for Dats, Hank, Schneider, and Lids. His job will now be secondary scoring, but more importantly playing physical.

Back on topic, Vancouver has looked unstoppable lately, but so has Anaheim, Detroit, Nashville, San Jose, Dallas, Minnesota, Ottawa, Pittsburg, Buffalo, and New Jersey at varying points. (And I still feel like Im missing some.) Those were teams throughout the season that for a long stretch were considered unbeatable, dominant, rolling all four lines, sick chemistry, etc.

Hell, even St. Louis had a mini-series version of being unbeatable.

Edited by YoungGuns1340