• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

horrible timing. I guess this was not a harsh remark and Babcock did not make it a clear critique, which would be rather unsmart with such ego like Hasek.

and the fact that both Canadian media (read TSN which passionately hates Red Wings) and Mullet (another Wings "lover") blow it our of proportion does not wonder me at all. these jerks will do everything to stirr things up around the Red Wings before playoffs. most certainly if they do look as they could play Flames (TSN here) or Dives (Mullet).

I don't think it's a major issue here. let this ******* throw crap at Wings, we'll have the last laugh

#62 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(TheUltimateWingsFan @ March 22, 2007 - 02:09PM) View Post

Babcock's right but he should left it in the dressing room. No need to embarrass Dom in public.

I think Babcock tried that method the first half-dozen times Hasek has embellished contact in the crease this season and it never seemed to get through to him. I don't think he had any other recourse because the "behind closed doors" method clearly wasn't working.

#63 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ March 22, 2007 - 10:19AM) View Post

Our power play has been bad for the last two games. In the several games before that, it was roaring. I don't exactly know what you're talking about, as such. Nice attempt to massively generalize in your drive toward a black and white, negative conclusion.
In the end, Hasek isn't perfect. This is naturally true. However, he's a whole lot less imperfect than almost every other goalie out there, and that's what counts. I daresay we could say the same thing about Osgood.

Thank you. I do strive to make nice attempts - I feel I owe it to your myopia.

Lets do some math (you ready?):

Our GA is identical to last year.
Our 5 on 5 GF% is identical to last year.
Last year we avg 1.24 PPG a game - ranked 1st.
This year we avg 0.86 PPG a game - currently ranked 17th where we've languished most of the season (this could be tempered by the number of .70 PP opps less than last year)/
Our GF is .50 less than last year.

So to recap, we're scoring the same 5 on 5 this year as last, we're giving up the same amount as last year, we're scoring one -half goal less a game, and coincidentally we're scoring one-half goal less on the PP. So while you see a 'roaring' PP, I see a PP that has been our achilles heel all season long. You may interept such as a 'negative conclusion' - to me its just an observation......

#64 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ March 22, 2007 - 01:27PM) View Post

It's true only because other players are called out all the time. Dom gets called up and everyone starts whining that no one should critisize Dom for his flopping. And a whole thread is started about the outrage...when really, who cares about that one little comment.

Hasek does not suck at all, but is not above reproach...when other goalies do boneheaded things THEY get called out by the coach. In my opinion, good for Babs, if Dom got off free wouldn't it make Babs look like he was playing favroites...

This is better proof than ever that Dom is in because he's good, and is not above reproach. I like to see it. Dom will think twice before doing that again...and will, naturally still be #1...no harm done.

Well said. clap.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#65 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

I will never get over how polarized we are when it comes to goalies here.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#66 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ March 22, 2007 - 03:11PM) View Post

I will never get over how polarized we are when it comes to goalies here.

laugh.gif You ain't lying! You should of seen how it was last season! I don't think any fans of any other team in the NHL are more hard on their goalies than Red Wing fans. Nothing is ever good enough.

#67 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

Props to Babcock for calling Dom out. Calgary is a stingy defensive team, and Hasek's dumbass dive ended up costing the Wings the game. Hasek is veteran and should know better, firstly it is af****** embarrassment to the team when a player dives like that. Secondly, it was not even close to being a penalty.
I watched the game on Tuesday and Hasek's play disgusted me. Babcock is a great coach and he is just what the wings need, someone who wont stand for bulls*** no matter how many cups and trophies you have on your resume.
Whether or not Hasek helps the wings to a cup this year, i pray that disease is gone next year. Time to bring in someone else.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#68 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

Just like I said in the GDT... here is my recap of this "incident":

HASEK: Oops I goofed.
BABCOCK [To media]: Yeah, he goofed.
MEDIA: OMGNOWAIWTFBBQ!!!!11!!shift+1!!11 IPB Image
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#69 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Yzerfan1999 @ March 22, 2007 - 03:21PM) View Post

Props to Babcock for calling Dom out. Calgary is a stingy defensive team, and Hasek's dumbass dive ended up costing the Wings the game. Hasek is veteran and should know better, firstly it is af****** embarrassment to the team when a player dives like that. Secondly, it was not even close to being a penalty.
I watched the game on Tuesday and Hasek's play disgusted me. Babcock is a great coach and he is just what the wings need, someone who wont stand for bulls*** no matter how many cups and trophies you have on your resume.
Whether or not Hasek helps the wings to a cup this year, i pray that disease is gone next year. Time to bring in someone else.

rolleyes.gif

And ya'll think the Hasek supporters over-react? Puh-leeze...

PS - forgive me if you're being sarcastic yzerfan1999. Otherwise, take a pill or something. cool.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#70 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Yzerfan1999 @ March 22, 2007 - 03:21PM) View Post

His play disgusted you? Wowza. Hasek kept the Wings in the game early on with some great saves. The game isn't his fault. Mistakes happen..but that wasn't the reason they lost.

#71 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ March 22, 2007 - 03:28PM) View Post

PSYDUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif

#72 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 22, 2007 - 03:45PM) View Post

His play disgusted you? Wowza. Hasek kept the Wings in the game early on with some great saves. The game isn't his fault. Mistakes happen..but that wasn't the reason they lost.

I am especially fond of the "disease" reference, myself. Good heavens... rolleyes.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#73 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ March 22, 2007 - 04:28PM) View Post

You win the thread. laugh.gif

That's probably the best way to sum up this entire debacle.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#74 unkempt

unkempt

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Yzerfan1999 @ March 22, 2007 - 09:21PM) View Post

Yeah! Hasek's stupid play and poor offensive effort caused the Wings score only two goals in two games! Get rid of this embarrassment to the team!!!

crazy.gif
"There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them."

#75 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

Ok people, let's put down our envelope openers, step away from our computers (without the envelope openers) and realize how ridiculous this thread is and how we sound.

Babcock is the head coach and can call out anybody he chooses, good/bad. That's his job.

Hasek is not above criticism, as is any other player on the Red Wings.

Hasek made a brainfart and embilished.

Babcock called him on it, they both talked about it, they understand each other.

Hasek for better/worse will continue to take chances like that b/c he's an aggressive player, despite it maybe being annoying.

The media is not out to 'get' Hasek or print a 50-page biography on him unless he does something retarded like whip somebody in the crotch, a la Eddie Belfour.

There is nothing to read into the situation, so let's all just put a sock in this and quit overreacting from both sides of the argument and making a big deal out of nothing.

I swear, I fear what the reaction of some might be when you realize something simple in life, like how water has no color.

#76 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

http://www.mlive.com...e....xml&coll=1

“We explained to each other what we feel about it,” Hasek said. “I don’t agree with him that I embellished or whatever he said, but we were talking about it and I don’t have any problems with the coach. He called the meeting and he explained to me everything. No problems, no bad feelings from him to me or me to him.”

Babcock said after the game that Hasek embellished a bump from Calgary’s Jarome Iginla when he flopped to the ice and was out of position when Kristian Huselius scored at 17:34 of the second period. Hasek insists he wasn’t trying to draw a penalty.

“No, not at all, I was elbowed by Iginla and before I got up they scored the goal,” Hasek said. “Mike probably couldn’t see from the bench and he was frustrated as everyone was in that game . We got a lot of penalties, we didn’t score too many goals, so it was probably frustration on his side. I think the way he explained it to me was he felt sort of disappointed the way the media were taking it. So he said sorry how the media took it.”

Babcock’s comments were aired over and over on Canadian television. He felt too much was made out of it.

“It wasn’t about Dom, it was about our team,” Babcock said. “You can get mad at the officials, but don’t ref the games, play the games. That was the intent. I think what we’re doing here is making it into a one-on-one thing, that’s not how it is at all.”

Yet another situation where too much was made of a situation that should have been handled privately, but that's life, I guess. Precisely what I said when the media picked this up and made a big deal: Babcock was frustrated and took his anger out on Hasek.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever