• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Samuelsson Fruitless Shot Count

Rate this topic

We're currently sitting at 20 SOG without finding the net after tonight's game. :thumbup: Anyone willing to predict what the count will get up to? I'm going to say 33.

He is also pointless in 5 games and has 2 points in his last 11 games.

We're currently sitting at 20 SOG without finding the net after tonight's game. :thumbup: Anyone willing to predict what the count will get up to? I'm going to say 33.

He is also pointless in 5 games and has 2 points in his last 11 games.

I'm surprised he didn't wind up and shoot from the blueline during the shootout.

Seriously....he shoots from everywhere. In the game, he shot at least 5 times from a crazy sharp angle. He's gotta learn to pass.

I wouldn't neccessarily mind the bad angle shots, if he would shoot the puck faster than 5mph. Those stupid wristers will be lucky to go in 1 out of 50 tries.

If I got a dollar for every time Sammy took a shot, that'd be a damn good investment! :lol:

Seriously, I'm not too worried about him. Assuming everybody comes back healthy his ice time will be reduced.

It's frustrating sometimes, but a blind squirrel finds the back of the net every now and then, hopefully he'll peak when the playoffs start and a puck/two goes in.

I wouldn't neccessarily mind the bad angle shots, if he would shoot the puck faster than 5mph. Those stupid wristers will be lucky to go in 1 out of 50 tries.

He is by far the worst player on the Wings. He shoots from everywhere, runs on his skates and cant shoot a puck to save his life. The Wings are going to run into a problem when Zetterberg comes back. How can you sit either Hudler or Filppula in place of Samuelsson? He's a joke.

He is by far the worst player on the Wings. He shoots from everywhere, runs on his skates and cant shoot a puck to save his life. The Wings are going to run into a problem when Zetterberg comes back. How can you sit either Hudler or Filppula in place of Samuelsson? He's a joke.

Very true. Although Lang is a very close second for worst player. I will say, at least samuelsson works his ass off and isn't horrible on defense (like Lang).

Take this anyway you want... he shooting percent is 7.2%

Ya it's funny because when he was skating in for his shootout attempt, I said to my friends " hes gonna go for the chest".Than BAM he shoots right at his chest. Sammy has a terrible shot, and he has to have one of the worst shooting % in the league.

i know, sammy just showed no effort out there, it's sickening....and don't forget about shneider hitting the post 2x in a row...how dare he....(insert sarcasm)...instead of whining about sammy's shots on goal, how about the lack of scoring from all our other players....quit using him as a scapegoat....there are plenty of others that can be put in this thread...

Samuelsson = a giant gaping *****... even if he can put up respectable stats playing with Dats and Z, someone who'd rather fire a 60 foot wrister than come within 10 feet of a defenseman will never be useful in NHL playoff hockey. Hate this wimp, he's nothing but detrimental to our team.

Ya it's funny because when he was skating in for his shootout attempt, I said to my friends " hes gonna go for the chest".Than BAM he shoots right at his chest. Sammy has a terrible shot, and he has to have one of the worst shooting % in the league.

His slapshot is probably the second third best on this Wings team though.

Edited by GuloGulo

Guest LivingtheDream

His slapshot is probably the second third best on this Wings team though.

And....? If it doesn't score, so what?

Samulesson was a real putz last night. Generally I've tried to support him and convince people he's not that bad, but if he's going to play in the playoffs like he did last night then I just assume sit him. He really shows very little effort, which is why his shots are from such strange places. I don't know if it's the injury or what, but he can be a major puss sometimes when he sees someone coming at him.

Currently stands at 22. Will he add to the tally tonight, or will he finally find the net? :P

Yeah but the sad thing about those 22 SOG is how many more shots were not on goal? He has to have missed the net atleast 10-15 times, so that would be 32-37 shot attempts.