• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Samuelsson Fruitless Shot Count

Rate this topic

We're currently sitting at 20 SOG without finding the net after tonight's game. :thumbup: Anyone willing to predict what the count will get up to? I'm going to say 33.

He is also pointless in 5 games and has 2 points in his last 11 games.

I'm going to go with 31 and then another drought of 37.

I'm going to go with 31 and then another drought of 37.

I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. Other than Lilja the pylon, there isn't another player who is on our roster that I dislike more. I've never liked his style of play, and played above his head because of his linemates last year. I think this squirrel found his nut with the contract Holland offered him last off season.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt before he got a 3 year extension without ever having played a playoff game and then was TERRIBLE when he saw some action.

Any Seinfeld fans? In addition to being a wimp, Samuelsson's also a chucker. :D

his shots might pay off in the playoffs though .. but for right now he needs to ssssllllloooowww down and think bout maybe making a play or two .. or possibly move to cali and become E.T.'s stunt double for the sequel cuz hes a funny lookin fellow .. almost got a stewie head

Well your not going to score any goals if you don't shoot and since he in kinda a slump right now, he's doing what he needs to do to get out of it...Just give him time a few will go in eventually

If he showed any willingness to work and go to the net, those shots might not all be from ridiculous angles.

sammy should be the guy who sits the games in the play-offs.

his shot selections make me wanna go nuts :crazy:

flip and rex offer up way more for the play-off run than him.

sammy should be the guy who sits the games in the play-offs.

his shot selections make me wanna go nuts :crazy:

flip and rex offer up way more for the play-off run than him.

I agree with you. Samuelsson is terrible this year. I wouldn't mind keeping him if he played like last year. At least he was decent.

This year though bench him. :blink:

Yeah but the sad thing about those 22 SOG is how many more shots were not on goal? He has to have missed the net atleast 10-15 times, so that would be 32-37 shot attempts.

According to the numbers he's had 8 missed shots during his current drought. I can't find numbers for how many of his shots have been blocked so we don't have a full number of times he's wound up and fired.

The way our teams been doing offensively I'd love nothing more than a low depth guy like Sammy to step it up and actually score. He can be streaky and I'd rather see him on a hot streak going into the playoffs than anemic, forcing us to scratch him thus comprimising our depth a bit.

I can only imagine he's far more frustrated than we are with his inability to find the back of the net. I'll give him until 30 shots till I start getting really pissed off. If worse comes to worse I'm betting he'll snap out of it once Lang starts playing again, I.E. the playoffs. I swear Lang's been playing at half potency just to save his energy for playoff time.

Well, its a tough one.

Hope since its at 22 currently, 23 and :siren:

Realistically im guessing.... 26 and :siren:

Because I dislike him never .... never gets :siren: (because he got benched and put on waivers) and then he can score on someone elses squad!

Edited by WendelClark